+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

You are a Quebec selected Applicant

kfzmm

Star Member
Oct 25, 2010
hi,
application filed end of march 2011, damascus syria
it transferred to montreal because BIQ got closed.
well today i got my aor or reference number for QSW from montreal
any idea about montreal office? its trend and timelines...??
trying to learn french as its going to be a must...but im not sure how much time i have....as learning pace is tooo slooww
how soon would me n my family be having interview. if somebody has any idea i would reallly appreciate.

regards.

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kfzmm said:
hi,
trying to learn french as its going to be a must...but im not sure how much time i have....as learning pace is tooo slooww
how soon would me n my family be having interview. if somebody has any idea i would reallly appreciate.

regards.
Welcome to the forum my friend and congratulations on your AOR. My file went through Montreal too, but it is difficult to tell whether you will get an interview or not and when. If your file is well prepared with clarity and support doc, you will be surprised that one day you wake up and the CSQ is in your mail box. However, if there is a doubt in the MICC officer's mind, you will be required to submit additional docs, and then you maybe call for an interview.
Cheers,

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Iceberg7 said:
Sorry, but there's something wrong here..
Do u intend to apply for Quebec Skille Workers (QSW) program or "Federeal Skilled Workers" (FSW)??!
Hello there,
Any good news on your side?
Cheers my friend,

wanwar

Jul 27, 2011
Hello Guys...

How are you and how is everything at your end?

I am new to this forum and i need your assistance / guidance.

I have completed my 4 years under grad degree from Ontario and graduated in 2006. Due to my degree in Human Resources from a Canadian university I applied for CHRA member and i am granted the permission to appear in its professional exam which is required by HR professional to have a certified by their desired member organization before they can start practicing.

I am currently living in Saudi Arabia with Pakistani Passport and valid Saudi work permit for almost a year.

AS for Saudi Arabia the CSQ center was Damascus so I applied on 12th April 2011

AS per the carrier service provider the documents were provided to them on 14th April 2011.

I tried contacting them couple of time and initially i was being told that currently they are working on the back log of January and it is going to take some time before they can open my application and assign me an application number.

I waited a month more and contacted them again, curiosity, and came to know that their office has been closed for the processing for CSQ applications and all the applications have been forwarded to Montreal office.

I tried contacting the Montreal office to get some feedback but due to no direct phone contact I sent en email to for which I got a response :
Closure of the Quebec Immigration Office in Damascus and repatriation activities in Montreal

The Department of Immigration and Cultural Communities shall notify its customers and partners that the Quebec Immigration Office in Damascus is now closed.

Immigration activities are held there now made from the departmental offices in Montreal.

The Department wishes to reassure its customers and partners about its commitment to continue its operations from the Middle East, with the same diligence as soon as possible. Selection interviews conducted by the Department with the candidates from the Middle East will be conducted on neighboring areas easily accessible for customers. This is a common practice for the Ministry of multiple jurisdictions.

Please note that due to the repatriation activities in Montreal, you will receive a letter confirming the opening of your file in a longer period. Rest assured that our management will send you this letter as soon as your file will be opened. This will be considered in treatment from that time.
Otherwise, note that we have received your message and the processing of your application is progressing. Please note that due to this reorganization, the delay will be longer than usual.
Remember to take into account postal delays in your country before contacting us to track. Your shipment can often take several weeks to reach us.
Contact Us
Economic Directorate of Immigration - International
Service North America, North Africa and Middle East
Department of Immigration and Cultural Communities
285, rue Notre-Dame West, 4th Floor
Montreal (Quebec) H2Y 1T8
CANADA

Now its been almost 4 months and I have not received any information from the Department i.e. they have opened my application and they have given my an application number or if there is any document which they require for further processing.

Any ideas or feedback from any one who is on the same situation as I am ?

QUEBEC_ASPIRANT

May 21, 2011
Can anyone of you please help me with the below question...

Today I got a letter from "Ministere de I'Immigration et des Communautes culturelles". The content of the letter is as shown below (in RED), is that below indicates that letter is AOR.

Recu 12/07/2011

Ministere de I'Immigration et des
Communautes culturelles Vendeur: New York
285 Notre-Dame Ouest 4 e' e'tage Reference: NA#########
Montre'al
H2Y 2T8 Tel: 514 864 9191
Client: NA0071169
MY NAME Paye par:
Meme

No item Description Fact. Prix Total
CSQ Trav Qual Demande CSQ Travailleur Qualifie 1 395.00 395.00
CSQ Trav Qual pc Demande CSQ Personne a charge Travailleur Qualifie 1 152.00 152.00

STILLHOPE

Champion Member
Feb 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/12/2010
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
CSQ RECEIVED ON 18-08-2011
AOR Received.
11/04/2011
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
07/11/2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
18- 08-2011
Passport Req..
14th feb ( Valentines day )
VISA ISSUED...
feb 2012
LANDED..........
landing 10th june in montreal
This is receipt of your fee.

QUEBEC_ASPIRANT said:
Can anyone of you please help me with the below question...

Today I got a letter from "Ministere de I'Immigration et des Communautes culturelles". The content of the letter is as shown below (in RED), is that below indicates that letter is AOR.

Recu 12/07/2011

Ministere de I'Immigration et des
Communautes culturelles Vendeur: New York
285 Notre-Dame Ouest 4 e' e'tage Reference: NA#########
Montre'al
H2Y 2T8 Tel: 514 864 9191
Client: NA0071169
MY NAME Paye par:
Meme

No item Description Fact. Prix Total
CSQ Trav Qual Demande CSQ Travailleur Qualifie 1 395.00 395.00
CSQ Trav Qual pc Demande CSQ Personne a charge Travailleur Qualifie 1 152.00 152.00

b_izzat

Jul 29, 2011
Same situation i sent my application and was received by Canadian embassy in Syria on 18 of April 2011 and i don not know the result yet dose they opened my file or any additional required documents

Hope some one know the estimated time for file open

Thanks
Hello Guys...

How are you and how is everything at your end?

I am new to this forum and i need your assistance / guidance.

I have completed my 4 years under grad degree from Ontario and graduated in 2006. Due to my degree in Human Resources from a Canadian university I applied for CHRA member and i am granted the permission to appear in its professional exam which is required by HR professional to have a certified by their desired member organization before they can start practicing.

I am currently living in Saudi Arabia with Pakistani Passport and valid Saudi work permit for almost a year.

AS for Saudi Arabia the CSQ center was Damascus so I applied on 12th April 2011

AS per the carrier service provider the documents were provided to them on 14th April 2011.

I tried contacting them couple of time and initially i was being told that currently they are working on the back log of January and it is going to take some time before they can open my application and assign me an application number.

I waited a month more and contacted them again, curiosity, and came to know that their office has been closed for the processing for CSQ applications and all the applications have been forwarded to Montreal office.

I tried contacting the Montreal office to get some feedback but due to no direct phone contact I sent en email to for which I got a response :
Closure of the Quebec Immigration Office in Damascus and repatriation activities in Montreal

The Department of Immigration and Cultural Communities shall notify its customers and partners that the Quebec Immigration Office in Damascus is now closed.

Immigration activities are held there now made from the departmental offices in Montreal.

The Department wishes to reassure its customers and partners about its commitment to continue its operations from the Middle East, with the same diligence as soon as possible. Selection interviews conducted by the Department with the candidates from the Middle East will be conducted on neighboring areas easily accessible for customers. This is a common practice for the Ministry of multiple jurisdictions.

Please note that due to the repatriation activities in Montreal, you will receive a letter confirming the opening of your file in a longer period. Rest assured that our management will send you this letter as soon as your file will be opened. This will be considered in treatment from that time.
Otherwise, note that we have received your message and the processing of your application is progressing. Please note that due to this reorganization, the delay will be longer than usual.
Remember to take into account postal delays in your country before contacting us to track. Your shipment can often take several weeks to reach us.
Contact Us
Economic Directorate of Immigration - International
Service North America, North Africa and Middle East
Department of Immigration and Cultural Communities
285, rue Notre-Dame West, 4th Floor
Montreal (Quebec) H2Y 1T8
CANADA

Now its been almost 4 months and I have not received any information from the Department i.e. they have opened my application and they have given my an application number or if there is any document which they require for further processing.

Any ideas or feedback from any one who is on the same situation as I am ?

[/quote]

b_izzat

Jul 29, 2011
i submitted my application on 18/4/2011 in Syria and till today i am still waiting the file number , so what is the estimated time for this process

hi,

regards.
[/quote]

Iceberg7

Jan 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
beauhoe said:
Hello there,
Any good news on your side?
Cheers my friend,
Hello Beauhoe,

How are you?! How's summer in Quebec going on?!

I really hope you're fine & enjoying your time. :)

I'm sorry for not being able to reply back sooner.
I submitted my application for PR early June..& I received the ref. number.
Nothing more really. Just waiting for processing that could take up to "12-18 months" as written in the letter.

Wish me luck and pray for me cause I'm a bit anxious.

Take care my friend & keep me posted with your news. :)

Ciao..

agnes_blush27

Star Member
Jun 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
HK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 2, 2011
Doc's Request.
financial suff sept. 24
Nomination.....
Soon
AOR Received.
sept. 23 dated sept.12
File Transfer...
june 13 sent application to ns: july 19 aor received from ns
Med's Request
In God's time
Med's Done....
In God's time
Interview........
may 31
Passport Req..
In God's time
VISA ISSUED...
In God's time
LANDED..........
In God's time
i am new in this forum.I would like to ask if what will be the posiible reason why an applicant will be waived for an interview.

Thank you

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Iceberg7 said:
Hello Beauhoe,

How are you?! How's summer in Quebec going on?!

I really hope you're fine & enjoying your time. :)

I'm sorry for not being able to reply back sooner.
I submitted my application for PR early June..& I received the ref. number.
Nothing more really. Just waiting for processing that could take up to "12-18 months" as written in the letter.

Wish me luck and pray for me cause I'm a bit anxious.

Take care my friend & keep me posted with your news. :)

Ciao..
No worries my friend you are going to get your ppr before 12 months and remember that you're in my daily prayers. My summer is full of hard work and tons of fun I can't ask for more. Relax and do not put pressure on something that you don't control.
Cheers,

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
agnes_blush27 said:
i am new in this forum.I would like to ask if what will be the posiible reason why an applicant will be waived for an interview.

Thank you
Here are some factors:
1. Application well prepared.
2. Support documents
3. Clarity
4. No doubt on the officer’s mind
5. No omission
6. You are qualified.
7. Appropriate fee
8. The government has no money to fly interview officers (jock)

Cheers my friend,

Iceberg7

Jan 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Beauhoe,

How r u?!
How's Montréal?! Is it waiting for me?! :D

Hope you're doing fine.

Keep in touch.

phoenixdragon

Oct 19, 2011
Hi,

I recently found out I am eligible for a Quebec PR as a skilled worker (Business Analyst) and am weighing my options..

I have a few questions I would like some assistance on to make a decision and would be grateful if someone could help...

1. The address on my passport is different from my current and now permanent address having moved a few months ago. Does this affect my application in any manner? Do Canada/Quebec law require applicant's address on application and passport to be the same?

2. As I understand, as a PR of Quebec, Canada, I would be considered at par with a Canadian citizen. Do I still need to convince an employee to raise Labor Market Opinions before I can be seriously considered?

3. How does the job market look like in Quebec? I do not speak French and I understand it might be an issue but I am a certified SAS professional for business analysis and hope there is as much a niche for SAS professional in Canada as is in the US/UK?

4. Am I restricted to get a job in Quebec or can I work anywhere in Canada?

5. As I understand , I have 180 days to provide a residential address to gain my PR Card. Does this have to be an address in Quebec or can it be elsewhere in Canada (assuming I am permitted to work outside Quebec).

6. Would I need to give an English proficiency test and an interview? As I understand, this is at the discretion of the evaluating officer but what might contribute to such requirements?

I am 26/M Indian single with a Bachelor in Business Administration and a professional certification from SAS Institute, USA. I have over 8 years of work experience and at present work for American Express as a Master Analyst (Level 3 of 4).

Also, what sort of background check are done? With 8 years of experience it's going to be a pain gathering work experience documents and pay stubs. I cannot find a document checklist for Quebec select candidates for the PR. The CIO website talks about following Quebec government advise on selection for immigration but there is no appendix or document checklist I could find which specifically talk about Quebec select candidates...

Any help would be appreciated.

Ty!

Ty!