NR
Passport Req..
13-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
30-05-2011
beauhoe said:
In my previous message I used the word geek with good intentions according to it meaning after 1960,do not take it as it was in 18 th century.
IT geek = IT expert.
Relax and cheers my man,
Beauhoe

I would still prefer to be called an IT person..n lets do away with the rest of the adjectives... Hope it will be ok with u...Yes i m from IT background!!

Shahi

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shahi said:
Beauhoe

I would still prefer to be called an IT person..n lets do away with the rest of the adjectives... Hope it will be ok with u...Yes i m from IT background!!

Shahi
No biggies...
Take care,

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Here are some interesting stories I took from CBC News:

Story 1.:
I am an immigrant, fluent in English AND French. I tried to settle in Toronto first, but it was virtually IMPOSSIBLE for me to get a job in my field (mental health). So to make ends meet I applied to several survival jobs... guess what. No success either! I spent several months in Toronto, then decided to try out Montreal. Well, here it was much easier, for me and my wife. We quickly found jobs (within 2 months I think). I also knew immigrants from different backgrounds in QC who have found jobs in Quebec City and Montreal, in different fields (biology, IT, education). Just to give you an example, my wife took classes in the gov-sponsored French immersion program, and she met a French teacher from Argentina, and another teacher was CHINESE. YES, A CHINESE TEACHING FRENCH IN QUEBEC, IN A GOUVERNMENT COURSE. So, for those who quickly say that here there is an institutionalized racism..... well, it might be the same as in English Canada. Racism is everywhere. Not only in QC.

Story 2.:
Hey it's not that hard to find a job.
I live in Quebec and I don't speak French and I do have a government job, so it can't be that difficult.
Also she is right no one want's to hire someone that says "I think I can do it" they all want someone that can do it.
So let that be a lesson to everyone that goes looking for a job, if they ask if you could do it, then the answer better be that you could.

Story 3.:
Think it would be any different for Canadians moving to China?

Besides, why should it easier for them? When my ancestors came here, they started clearing land and plowing fields, not complaining about how hard it was.

Story 4.:
Immigrants, beware. If you come from a country where meritocracy prevails, you will have to adapt to the Canadian way. If you were used to objective, computer evaluated tests created to verify the candidates knowledge, you could be in trouble here.

The process here is basically subjective. No objective tests. There is always a person on the receiving side that will examine your resume. If this person for some reason doesn't like your name, your education, or just has somebody else in mind, your application could be immediately discarded. You will never know the reason...

The key word in Canada is "networking". If you know people you get a job. But if don't know the right people - and, besides, have an accent, or the "wrong" name - , chances are that your resume will go down the trash bin and you will never be called to an interview.

There was an excellent article published several weeks ago by CBC about a study on this subject conducted by a researcher in BC. He sent the same resumes, but under two different applicant's names, one sounding "foreign", the other "Canadian", to many firms and companies. The result: those "candidates" with a foreign name are much less likely (I think something like 40%) to be called to an interview.

Discouraging, he...

Have a nice day my friends.

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shahi said:
Beauhoe

Shahi
Shahi,
Here is what I found for you: http://www2.conestogac.on.ca/conestoga/pdfs/empjobs2/1365.pdf
Take a look and apply before Jun 19th if you think you can do it.
Cheers,

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Shahzadchowdhry,
I am so happy that you did it and that you love Gatineau. Also congratulation on your new Job!!! Be patient and continuous with what you have for now and do not let people fool you by telling you that you can not get a federal job. Here is the federal webpage where you can get all the public jobs: http://jobs-emplois.gc.ca/psr-rp/index-eng.htm. Apply to all that is related to your field. You will be contacted and invite for exams.
My best wishes to all your family.
Cheers,

Shahi

Champion Member
Oct 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2010
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
15-02-2011 CSQ
AOR Received.
25-05-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with Initial Application
File Transfer...
25-02-2011
Med's Request
13-03-2011
Med's Done....
14-03-2011
Interview........
NR
Passport Req..
13-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
30-05-2011
beauhoe said:
Shahi,
Here is what I found for you: http://www2.conestogac.on.ca/conestoga/pdfs/empjobs2/1365.pdf
Take a look and apply before Jun 19th if you think you can do it.
Cheers,
Beauhoe thanks for the Link man!

Appreciate it!!

Shahi

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shahi said:
Beauhoe thanks for the Link man!

Appreciate it!!

Shahi
You're welcome my friend. If you are interested please make sure that you apply before 19th and we will be praying for you.
Cheers,

shahzadchowdhry

Star Member
Dec 17, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Kuala Lumpur
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-10-2010
Nomination.....
23-06-2010
AOR Received.
29-10-2010
Med's Request
03-12-2010
Med's Done....
06-12-2010
Passport Req..
16-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2011
Thanks Beauhoe.....
Regards
Shahzad

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This for the IT guys: https://psjobs-emploisfp.psc-cfp.gc.ca/psrs-srfp/applicant/6/page1150?careerChoiceId=163073&action=viewPoster&isInProfile=true&toggleLanguage=en
8 vacancies in the federal
salary: ($83,884 to $104,130)
Education: Successful completion of two years of an acceptable post-secondary educational program in computer science, information technology, information management or another specialty relevant to the position to be staffed.
Deadline: Jun 20,2011 at 23:59 pacific time
Good luck,

simonep

Jun 3, 2011
beauhoe said:
You have been selected by Quebec and would like to share your experiences to help new applicants... This is your forum and we would like to hear from you. Cheers,
hello Beauhoe, I am a newbie on this site and seek to immigrate to canada. I have currently started to think about QSW as this seems to be another option for me rather than FSW.I have a four year B.Sc.Nursing degree from Nepal with two years' work experience. But since I have absolutely no skill of French language, do you think I am eligible to apply for QSW? Another question is- If I am given Quebec PR will I still be able to work and settle anywhere else in canada?
Thanx in advance.
Simonep

OsamaR

Mar 24, 2011
Hi All,

I am new to this thread.. I will be applying to Quebec immigration as federal selected-skilled worker but I need to know whether the work experience has to be related to the field of study during university in order to be eligible to apply or not? I tried looking for search for that but couldn't find the proper answer.

Can you guys help me since most of you are experts by now:)

thanks in advance..

Iceberg7

Jan 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OsamaR said:
Hi All,

I am new to this thread.. I will be applying to Quebec immigration as federal selected-skilled worker but I need to know whether the work experience has to be related to the field of study during university in order to be eligible to apply or not? I tried looking for search for that but couldn't find the proper answer.

Can you guys help me since most of you are experts by now:)

thanks in advance..
Sorry, but there's something wrong here..
Do u intend to apply for Quebec Skille Workers (QSW) program or "Federeal Skilled Workers" (FSW)??!

OsamaR

Mar 24, 2011
Iceberg7 said:
Sorry, but there's something wrong here..
Do u intend to apply for Quebec Skille Workers (QSW) program or "Federeal Skilled Workers" (FSW)??!
Thanks noticing the mistake Iceberg7.. I mean Quebec Selected Skilled Worker (QSW)

Do you have any information on whether the work experience has to be related to the field of study or not, in order to be eligible to apply for QSW ?

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
simonep said:
hello Beauhoe, I am a newbie on this site and seek to immigrate to canada. I have currently started to think about QSW as this seems to be another option for me rather than FSW.I have a four year B.Sc.Nursing degree from Nepal with two years' work experience. But since I have absolutely no skill of French language, do you think I am eligible to apply for QSW? Another question is- If I am given Quebec PR will I still be able to work and settle anywhere else in canada?
Thanx in advance.
Simonep
Welcome to this forum my friend. I will suggest that you visit this link for your evaluation: http://www.form.services.micc.gouv.qc.ca/epi/controler.jsp?languageCode=en
Yes, once you get your CSQ, you will be able to settle down anywhere in Canada.
Cheers,