+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wrong Sibling's age difference while submitting CEC application in family details.

shivganesh

Dec 9, 2023
I received an invitation in the stem draw yesterday. As a part of the application process, I have to provide family background information. Even though my sister and I have more than one year of age difference, The problem is that the official date of me and my sister's in all certificates have a difference of 9 months.

What can be done here to rectify this error. If anyone had a similar issue, your guidance will be appreciated. Thank you.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I received an invitation in the stem draw yesterday. As a part of the application process, I have to provide family background information. Even though my sister and I have more than one year of age difference, The problem is that the official date of me and my sister's in all certificates have a difference of 9 months.

What can be done here to rectify this error. If anyone had a similar issue, your guidance will be appreciated. Thank you.
There's no error, nothing to worry about - when you wrote one year, you were rounding.

(Note that only nine months difference in age is unusual, since normally over nine months and getting pregnant immediately after birth is pretty rare - but I'm going to ignore that point and assume all in order there, or that the sibling is a half-sibling)

shivganesh

Dec 9, 2023
There's no error, nothing to worry about - when you wrote one year, you were rounding.

(Note that only nine months difference in age is unusual, since normally over nine months and getting pregnant immediately after birth is pretty rare - but I'm going to ignore that point and assume all in order there, or that the sibling is a half-sibling)
Thank you for responding, Just to clarify, I am submitting express entry application and in that I have to include relatives details like name, relationship and date of birth. I am not accompanying them it's just the details of family to include.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you for responding, Just to clarify, I am submitting express entry application and in that I have to include relatives details like name, relationship and date of birth. I am not accompanying them it's just the details of family to include.
I understand that. I'm saying having a sibling - if from the same mother - only nine months apart is a bit unuusal.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017

Do you mean that you are more than one year apart in REAL but your offical documents have fake dates?
Is that yours or your sister's? If so, may be just be truthful and tell IRCC with a letter of explanation.

Hopefully it doesn't affect your PR application (age/qualification...etc)