+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

wrong PPR mail contents

Sep 14, 2020
Hi guys, I am new here and I have got a very weird situation. I received a "ready for visa" email last Friday with my name, my UCI number and application number right, but it begin with "The application processing for your overseas dependent(s) for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete." This is not my case since I am the only applicant without any dependents. Should I be worried or they just copied the wrong mail template? Is there anyone who has met this before? Thanks for helping out.

Sherif Shahin

Jul 28, 2020
I think it’s system mistake, I think you should raise a webform and explain it so they might correct or sending you any updates

Sep 14, 2020
I think it’s system mistake, I think you should raise a webform and explain it so they might correct or sending you any updates
thanks for the reply. I sent out my passport to the VAC anyhow, just in case long time no reply from webform and expire the 30 days. Again, I will raise a webform. Thanks

Sherif Shahin

Jul 28, 2020
EE FSW Outland, AOR on Feb 28th, nothing happened on my account after Mar. 17th bio completed. Suddenly received PPR but with a slightly worrying contents.
I
Mine also same PMP Outland.. AOR January 31, and have done Medical & Biometric on 17 Feb, GCMS Notes showing that I have passed all but just waiting for approval to send PPR email but still no update

guoshim

Sep 30, 2019
Hi I ran into a similar situation. I got the "ready for visa" email a week ago and it starts with exactly the same line:
The application processing for your overseas dependent(s) for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete.
It's very confusing. I'm the primary applicant, FSW outland. My dependent family members are in China with me. The email is literally asking for my dependents to send their passports. But how about me, the primary applicant?

The worst thing is that all our passports have expired, and in recent years China doesn't renew passports unless you can prove the necessity. That "ready for visa" letter is enough to convince the authority to renew my spouse's passport, but not mine.

I have raised a web form. Waiting for response now. Hopefully that's a mistake and they will clarify. Otherwise the whole thing is gonna be much more complicated.

May 27, 2022
Hi I ran into a similar situation. I got the "ready for visa" email a week ago and it starts with exactly the same line:

It's very confusing. I'm the primary applicant, FSW outland. My dependent family members are in China with me. The email is literally asking for my dependents to send their passports. But how about me, the primary applicant?

The worst thing is that all our passports have expired, and in recent years China doesn't renew passports unless you can prove the necessity. That "ready for visa" letter is enough to convince the authority to renew my spouse's passport, but not mine.

I have raised a web form. Waiting for response now. Hopefully that's a mistake and they will clarify. Otherwise the whole thing is gonna be much more complicated.
Wanted to follow up with you. Has it been resolved? I am in the same situation. My family including myself is in China. But they are asking my dependants to send their passport. I raised a web form but no reply so far. It was sent by the HK office.

guoshim

Sep 30, 2019
Wanted to follow up with you. Has it been resolved? I am in the same situation. My family including myself is in China. But they are asking my dependants to send their passport. I raised a web form but no reply so far. It was sent by the HK office.
Mine is also from HK office. No progress so far. I sent IRCC an email and 2 months later they replied that my application is still valid and in progress, and they have forwarded my request to the VO. It looks very much like an auto-generated email so I'm not very optimistic.

ZorenL

May 26, 2023
Hi guys, I am new here and I have got a very weird situation. I received a "ready for visa" email last Friday with my name, my UCI number and application number right, but it begin with "The application processing for your overseas dependent(s) for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete." This is not my case since I am the only applicant without any dependents. Should I be worried or they just copied the wrong mail template? Is there anyone who has met this before? Thanks for helping out.
The exactly same thing happened to me. May I ask what happened to your application eventually? Did you send out your passport eventually and get your PR visa?

ljsh123

Feb 12, 2023
For reference, I called IRCC. They checked the data to make sure there weren’t any issues and suggested I go ahead and submit the passport along with an explanation letter