+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wrong date of birth on passport

Mathieu

Apr 12, 2017
Hello,
I am Canadian citizen I am currently living in Singapore where I met my girlfriend who is Indonesian. As is common in this part of the world, she got her date of birth on her passport changed by the work agency long time ago as to allow her to work in Singapore. Currently, her passport DOB don't match her birth certificate and Indonesian ID DOB.

The current plan would be to correct this mistake while she is back in Indonesia, get married in Singapore (assuming she can come back) and then apply for a canadian sponsered visa to bring her back with me. As this is complex, I would like to know if you anyone has similar experience or suggestions for this situation? I am guessing submitting a passport that differs from birth certificate would be a no no?

Thanks for the help!

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Hello,
I am Canadian citizen I am currently living in Singapore where I met my girlfriend who is Indonesian. As is common in this part of the world, she got her date of birth on her passport changed by the work agency long time ago as to allow her to work in Singapore. Currently, her passport DOB don't match her birth certificate and Indonesian ID DOB.

The current plan would be to correct this mistake while she is back in Indonesia, get married in Singapore (assuming she can come back) and then apply for a canadian sponsered visa to bring her back with me. As this is complex, I would like to know if you anyone has similar experience or suggestions for this situation? I am guessing submitting a passport that differs from birth certificate would be a no no?

Thanks for the help!
Will advice that you correct the mistake........better if DOB on birth certificate and passport are same.

Its not mandatory you include a valid travel passport when you submit your spousal sponsorship application.........but you are required to provide a valid passport before your sponsorship application processing is completed..

Refer.......Spousal Sponsorship Checklist.

Note: Although you do not need to have a valid passport or travel document when you submit your application, you must have a valid travel document or passport to be able to travel to Canada and to be admitted for permanent residence. You will need to demonstrate that you hold an acceptable travel document or passport before we can finalize your application

applicantY

May 25, 2018
It's always helpful to correct errors on the identity documents. One of the agents scrolling through your file might notice the discrepancy and the application will be send back to you.

PS: You will have to submit copies of her passport as a part of the application under the section Supporting documents for the person being sponsored- Identity documents.

All the best you guys!