+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wrong answer to a question.

caissaca

Star Member
Jan 20, 2013
Andy2109 said:
Don't worry. "To err is human". I am sure it will be okay. You have corrected the mistake before the application is taken up for processing / decision is made. Your intention was not to conceal and CIC will recognize the same.
Thanks, I hope so.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
I am glad you pointed out that there is a difference between the FSW form and the CEC that I haven't dealt with. I was quoting from FSW on which there are two specific questions, one after the other, that clearly state VISA refusal on one and ADMISSION refusal on the other. Sorry to create confusion.

caissaca

Star Member
Jan 20, 2013
In my AOR nothing mentions about CPP-O. Only says to inform the Visa Office (which I chose CPP-O) during my application. I had applied CIC Sydney, Nova Scotia. Is it safe to assume that I should mail it to CPP-Ottawa and not to CIC Sydney?

Is there a difference address for CEC department of CPPO? Sorry for all these questions :)

Andy2109

Champion Member
May 7, 2012
London Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 Jan 13
AOR Received.
17 Feb 13
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
23 Oct 13
caissaca said:
In my AOR nothing mentions about CPP-O. Only says to inform the Visa Office (which I chose CPP-O) during my application. I had applied CIC Sydney, Nova Scotia. Is it safe to assume that I should mail it to CPP-Ottawa and not to CIC Sydney?

Is there a difference address for CEC department of CPPO? Sorry for all these questions :)
Yes. You should inform CPP Ottawa which is your VO. There is no separate address for CEC. I am sure it will reach the department.

caissaca

Star Member
Jan 20, 2013
Andy2109 said:
Yes. You should inform CPP Ottawa which is your VO. There is no separate address for CEC. I am sure it will reach the department.
OK Perfect thanks again Andy.

roger1726

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
caissaca,

"Have you been refused admission to, or ordered to leave, Canada or any other country?"

I have also made the same mistake. I thought it is related with refused admission at port of entry and selected NO.

My USA H1B visa was rejected in 2007 as the employer who filed H1B was not able to provide required documents to consulate.

I want to correct this error ASAP now. Please suggest action you have taken and if possible please send me content of explanation letter you have sent to CPP-O with modified forms. Thanks you have caught this mistake.

caissaca

Star Member
Jan 20, 2013
Hey roger,

I basically printed and sent a corrected IMM5669E form attached to a cover explanatory letter. I have pretty much done what has been suggested on this thread. Make sure you explain the reason of rejection given to you by the US consulate/visa office. I didnt get in too many details, just the basic rejection reason. I also mentioned how I realized my mistake (while filling my OWP application). Make sure you give them your file number if you have received an AOR. If you haven't I suggest you wait till you receive it.

At the end I apologized for any inconvenience and asked if there's any further steps needed to correct this. Nothing more. Even if you write the reason you have mentioned below (thinking it was asking refusal at the port of entry) it should be sufficient to avoid misrepresentation.

roger1726 said:
caissaca,

"Have you been refused admission to, or ordered to leave, Canada or any other country?"

I have also made the same mistake. I thought it is related with refused admission at port of entry and selected NO.

My USA H1B visa was rejected in 2007 as the employer who filed H1B was not able to provide required documents to consulate.

I want to correct this error ASAP now. Please suggest action you have taken and if possible please send me content of explanation letter you have sent to CPP-O with modified forms. Thanks you have caught this mistake.

Sunapr

Star Member
Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 14,2012
AOR Received.
Sep 5,2012
Med's Request
Jan 3,2013
Med's Done....
Jan 21,2013
Passport Req..
March 22,2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 10,2013
LANDED..........
May 10,2013
There are two specific questions about the VISA refusal and ADMISSION refusal on CEC which are question 6.d). and 6.e).

roger1726

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
caissaca , rgsulat

I checked with CIC call center and they said that refused admission is related with refused port of entry( by air, road or water) and it is not related with rejected visa application.

refused admission and rejected visa application are different things.

CIC agent suggested to select 'NO' evenif visa application is rejected. He asked me to update detail about rejected visa application in blank section of the same page in form.

SOmeone please verify detail with CIC call center on following no. If possible just note down CIC agent name and agent no.

1-888-242-2100 select option 1 -2 -option for PR application- client no

roger1726

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
caissaca ,

6.d). >> select option YEs and give reason for visa rejection

6.e). >> select option NO

It was really bad that I missed reading option 6.d). while filling the forms.

Thanks Sunapr for pointing out the difference.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Roger this exactly what I understood to be the right answer from our lawyer. Everyone, please read each question carefully and don't unnecessarily state that you have been refused admission when it was only a VISA that was denied.

caissaca

Star Member
Jan 20, 2013
Hi Roger,

thanks for the update, although it is already sent 6e being selected:)

it should still be OK. I have explained that it was the student visa that got rejected. I got confused with student permit / student visa terminologies.. I just realized that in US it is called student visa..

Well at least I wont look like I was hiding it. Lets hope for the best.

Andy2109

Champion Member
May 7, 2012
London Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 Jan 13
AOR Received.
17 Feb 13
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
23 Oct 13
Thanks sunapr for pointing this out.

caissaca,
there is nothing to worry if you have already sent a revised form answering YES to 6(e). there is no need to send a revised form again. the message you wanted to convey is there on the form.

caissaca

Star Member
Jan 20, 2013
Andy2109 said:
Thanks sunapr for pointing this out.

caissaca,
there is nothing to worry if you have already sent a revised form answering YES to 6(e). there is no need to send a revised form again. the message you wanted to convey is there on the form.
yes Andy agreed. I wont send them anything more about this.

BTW, a bit off topic but, does anyone know if they do the security/background checks before issuing medical requests?