+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Written authorization request for extended family members

Bib_10

Dec 10, 2020
Hello. I applied Nov 13. Got approval Dec 7. So 16 business days for me. Hoping for ur approvals soon!

Mahan.royan

Apr 9, 2018
May I know how many days in total ?
did you follow up with them or just wait ?
I sent my docs again after 20 days and had member of parliament (MP of Richmond Hill) to follow up with them. You can ask your regional MP to follow up. I jopet you hear good news soon. :)

Bib_10

Dec 10, 2020
Which type of application did you select on the web form ?
Oops sorry. I applied for written authorization along with my trv. Hence sent a follow up in webform for trv application mentioning I am exempted to travel restrictions.
If your request for authorization was sent thru email, and already past the 14 days..I suggest you check with your MP. They should be able to follow up or look into your application status. There is also a page and a group in facebook where you can find a mail that can be sent to your MP. Please check Faces of Advocacy group or page.

tokyo_123

Nov 28, 2018
Oops sorry. I applied for written authorization along with my trv. Hence sent a follow up in webform for trv application mentioning I am exempted to travel restrictions.
If your request for authorization was sent thru email, and already past the 14 days..I suggest you check with your MP. They should be able to follow up or look into your application status. There is also a page and a group in facebook where you can find a mail that can be sent to your MP. Please check Faces of Advocacy group or page.
Hi, how do I find my local MP? I've applied for a visit visa from Oman and had later submitted the written authorization to travel as an extended family member and it's been 30 working days since I did so. Haven't heard back from them. Any guidance would be appreciated!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi, how do I find my local MP? I've applied for a visit visa from Oman and had later submitted the written authorization to travel as an extended family member and it's been 30 working days since I did so. Haven't heard back from them. Any guidance would be appreciated!
You local MP is your member of parliament so the city or town in Canada where you live.

tokyo_123

Nov 28, 2018
Thank you for your prompt reply! So should I ask my extended family member who is a Canadian citizen to reach out to her local MP on my behalf since I'm a foreigner and don't live in Canada?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you for your prompt reply! So should I ask my extended family member who is a Canadian citizen to reach out to her local MP on my behalf since I'm a foreigner and don't live in Canada?
Do you have a visitor visa? Sure they can’t expedite your application but can look into for you.

tokyo_123

Nov 28, 2018
Do you have a visitor visa? Sure they can’t expedite your application but can look into for you.
No I've applied for it. I applied for the visa in August and its been under progress. With the authorization to travel I'm hoping my visit visa application would process faster/be prioritized.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
No I've applied for it. I applied for the visa in August and its been under progress. With the authorization to travel I'm hoping my visit visa application would process faster/be prioritized.
Why would it be prioritized as you are not immediate family. It will not be processed faster. Authorization to travel doesn’t give you any perk to expedite your visitor visa. Your processing timeline is probably about 6 months.