+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Writing difficulty

Mdannoun

May 3, 2018
Hello everyone .Iam a one who took the exam 9 times . Best go was : l 8.5 / r s 7/ w 6.5 .

My weakness is writing . Some times I got 6 while others 6.5 .

Ive always wanted to study hard to get the score but my problem is that every time I study from an online course or go to a private teacher I find different kind of instructions and layout for the essays.

I am confused and want one reliable site or way to take the needed principles .

Did any one overcome the writing problem !please share ur story

puneet.arora

Star Member
Aug 20, 2018
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
It's important to stick to the correct structures for each task. I got 7.5 in Writing and 8 overall in my first attempt and I am not a native speaker. I prepared my own notes on structures, commonly used phrases, sentences and vocabulary. Send me your email Id and I will share the content with you which will hopefully get you 7+ if that is what you are targeting.

Sneha88

Aug 30, 2018
It's important to stick to the correct structures for each task. I got 7.5 in Writing and 8 overall in my first attempt and I am not a native speaker. I prepared my own notes on structures, commonly used phrases, sentences and vocabulary. Send me your email Id and I will share the content with you which will hopefully get you 7+ if that is what you are targeting.
Hi puneesh can u help me with the notes
My email address is panditsneha88@gmail.com
Thanks in advance

Mdannoun

May 3, 2018
Hiii .. Thank you so much . My email is : maysdannon@yahoo.com

NPconnoisseur

Star Member
Aug 24, 2018
Med's Done....
September 11th
Do give this link a try too. I scored 8.5 in writing and this the website ( see the link below) helped me a lot in getting the structure right. Prior to coming across this site, I watched plenty of youtube videos with often conflicting instructions/ opinions from tutors and the details of how to write an opening paragraph that almost looked redundant.

https://www.ieltspodcast.com/ielts-writing-task/ielts-band-9-sample-essay-no-9/

The examples listed in the link helped me to prepare well for my Writing Task 2 cohesively without losing sight of completeness and length. I was able to frame my opening paragraph coherently to set the pace and develop the paragraphs depending on the question.

If I can chime in and give a free advice, writing task 2 should have at least 4 to 5 paragraphs. Follow the examples for the logical flow and structure but also make sure your essay has enough length. Trust me it will do wonders to your score.

Joshva

Star Member
Aug 9, 2018
try IELTSLIZ also , she gives excellent tips free of cost and the latest questions , topics are discussed there

blueshark

Star Member
Nov 30, 2017
@puneet.arora I will be grateful if you could send notes to allan9antao@gmail.com

Ajay_Aspire

Star Member
Aug 29, 2018
Hello everyone .Iam a one who took the exam 9 times . Best go was : l 8.5 / r s 7/ w 6.5 .

My weakness is writing . Some times I got 6 while others 6.5 .

Ive always wanted to study hard to get the score but my problem is that every time I study from an online course or go to a private teacher I find different kind of instructions and layout for the essays.

I am confused and want one reliable site or way to take the needed principles .

Did any one overcome the writing problem !please share ur story
Sorry to hear that mate. I was poor in writing as well. My tutor gave me a feedback that I was writing the same way as I speak and I had to take a different approach.

What I did to overcome this was I read a lot of Band 9 essays and found a common thread between them. The structuring of the essay is one important thing when it comes to scoring high. Plan your essay well. Spend at least 5 minutes for planning it. If you are not comfortable using a complex sentence or a fancy word, please do not use it. Even if you use a simple sentence in the right way to convey your opinion, that’ll serve your purpose.

Be legible. Many of my friends lost marks in writing because of this. A good handwriting can do wonders.

Even though they don’t assess your knowledge level in an IELTS exam, it is important to keep your essay interesting. It may sound odd but this was one advice I got from a trainer from BC. Sometimes making an essay interesting can give the examiner a feel that you have command over the language. Adding one or two real life examples can help with this.

Above all, forget your previous 9 attempts. Start fresh. Read a lot and then sit for the exam. You’ll definitely do great. Cheers!!

Jan 10, 2018
Hey! Would you mind sharing your notes on
Cthulhuscupcakes@gmail.com as well, I would be really grateful for the help, my IELTS are incoming, and I'm dreading the writing cause my last score was 6.5 whole everything else was 8‍♀!