bunge12

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
05-06-2016
Hey guys,

Need some help regarding my case. I was nominated in Ontario under International Student with Job Offer stream and already applied to PR, so now I'm in the final stage of my application (already passed medical exam). My work permit (open PGWP) expires in 3 month from now (April) and I (of course) would like to extend it, however, my nomination has emplacement restriction. I've read tons of threads on BOWP, pages from CIC, and all of them state: If you applied under the Provincial Nominee Program, you must not have employment restrictions as conditions of your nomination, in order to apply for the bridging work permit. It never specifies what to do for people who have the restriction.

My best guess would be to apply for a work permit extension with the same employer? Will I need a latter from them or just attach the nomination letter? Anyone had any luck extending their WP with restricted nomination?

Many thanks :)

delta304

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
if you have nomination with restrictions then you must apply with lmia process
that process needs emplyers has to pay 230$ for your application as well as yours
application fees which you have pay. employer has to fill certain form for you.
oinp letter and some necessary docs.i forgot full process but still remember this one.

bunge12

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
05-06-2016
Thanks for your reply. But since I am on PGWP, I didn't need to have LMO/LMIA in the first place. So, now, if I will need to get LMIA, I better apply through EE since it's supposed to be faster.

Any other thoughts?

delta304 said:
if you have nomination with restrictions then you must apply with lmia process
that process needs emplyers has to pay 230$ for your application as well as yours
application fees which you have pay. employer has to fill certain form for you.
oinp letter and some necessary docs.i forgot full process but still remember this one.

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Hi There

I've also got my nomination through nomination under student category and renewed my status from Post Graduate to Open Work Permit so I don't quite understand why you need to get LMIA?

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
You don't need LMIA.

You will need to have your employer register in Employer Portal and pay compliance fee. Then submit a WP application on MyCIC for a closed WP while your PR is in process.

Reactions: lcx1018

Lotus_flower

Star Member
Nov 6, 2015
Does anyone know how long would it take to create an Employer Portal? My employer just registered but there was a message to wait for it to get approved to be completed.

Nifemi05

Star Member
Jun 3, 2015
Hi Lotus_flower,
It's same day, as my employer done it for me as well, back in November 2015. Your employer will print out the confirmation showing your name and ID #, date and time after registered and paid $230 consecutively..
But double check with the CIC website for updates if any!
I hope this helps. Best of luck!

Nifemi05

Star Member
Jun 3, 2015
Hello Bunge12,
Closed WP for Provincial Nominee with PGWP
-NO LMIA, (EXEMPTED)
-MUST INCLUDE LETTER OF SUPPORT FROM PROVINCE (204C)
-NOMINATION CERT
-EMPLOYER OFFER LETTER
-YOUR EMPLOYER SHOULD REGISTERED ON-LINE (EMPLOYER PORTAL) & PAY $230 COMPLIANCE FEE, PRINT YOU THE CONFIRMATION WHICH INCLUDE YOUR ID#, NAME, DATE AND TIME. NO PAPER FORM
PLEASE DOUBLE CHECK WITH CIC WEBSITE FOR ANY UPDATE.
I HOPE THIS HELPS IN ADDITION.
BEST OF LUCK!

Reactions: lcx1018

ozlis

Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can anyone confirm that a spouse will be eligible for an open permit at the same time? If I went to the border with all of the documents?

delta304

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ozlis said:
Can anyone confirm that a spouse will be eligible for an open permit at the same time? If I went to the border with all of the documents?
i dont know about border but by paper or online application ,your dependent always eligible for
open work permit.

Lotus_flower

Star Member
Nov 6, 2015
Nifemi05 said:
Hi Lotus_flower,
It's same day, as my employer done it for me as well, back in November 2015. Your employer will print out the confirmation showing your name and ID #, date and time after registered and paid $230 consecutively..
But double check with the CIC website for updates if any!
I hope this helps. Best of luck!
Same day? Really?! :eek: Wow! Cause I remember at the end there was a page where it said my employer has to wait for the registration to get approved. So yeah, my employer has been waiting for an email from CIC about it.. Hmm so confused now. I'll have to double check on that I guess. Thanks a lot!

Nifemi05

Star Member
Jun 3, 2015
Hello Lotus_flower,
Yes same day! CIC will verify registration information your employer sent on-line, so if okay it will be confirmed, generate ID # and if otherwise, will be refused or requested for more information.....as far as I know.
Like I said double check or call CIC - 1888 242 2100, CIC keep changing their procedures every now and then.
Good luck!

bunge12

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
05-06-2016
Thank you all! I'm still hoping to get my PR before the WP expires so I don't have to bother with this.

Lotus_flower

Star Member
Nov 6, 2015
When you submit an application for wp extension, in the document checklist it still says we need IMM 5802 form (Foreign National Exempt from LMIA) with a proof of payment.
I understand that the employer has to register in Employer Portal and pay the $230 online. But how about IMM5802 form? Do they still need to fill it out?