+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WP-EXT for PGWP letter, is it normal? Please help.

fardinlb

May 22, 2021
ok thanks, maybe in the coming week then. i hope since i am expecting a job offer in the week and they may want to see documentation
Hey,
I have the same situation, I applied on May 12th and have not received that special receipt you are talking about, and received a job offer from an employer. they want me to show them the work permit.

Choudhary2800

Star Member
Oct 1, 2019
"Are you full-time student at participating post-secondary institution and want to work off-campus up to 20 hours per week?"
For this question I selected YES option. And now I got to know that we should select it NO while applying for PGWP. What should I do now? Any idea.

And as I selected YES it asked me to submit IMM5257 form.

fardinlb

May 22, 2021
"Are you full-time student at participating post-secondary institution and want to work off-campus up to 20 hours per week?"
For this question I selected YES option. And now I got to know that we should select it NO while applying for PGWP. What should I do now? Any idea.

If you already submitted your application then I think you can use the web form on the IRCC website to inform them of your mistake.

Callumjee

Jun 6, 2019

I believe I answered no for this question and it gave me the IMM5257 form as an optional document. On the original application form it asks what kind of permit you are applying for anyway, it won't hurt to have the form on there, if anything it will just give them more information to your case.

Reactions: fardinlb

Abu afzal

Jan 4, 2019
Hello , I have applied for ,my work permit on 7th May i have still not received this letter. However everyone else who applied with me got the letter. Is there anything to worry about?
hello, is there any update on that letter?. did you receive the letter?

I applied on May 15 still today I did not receive any letter. is it ok to work full time without that letter as I applied for the pgwp. I am a little worried about it. can you please reply thank you?

fardinlb

May 22, 2021
hello, is there any update on that letter?. did you receive the letter?

I applied on May 15 still today I did not receive any letter. is it ok to work full time without that letter as I applied for the pgwp. I am a little worried about it. can you please reply thank you?
Hello, if you received the first acknowledgment letter then as proof of your application you can work full time I think, we both have the same situation. I applied on May 11th and received the first acknowledgment only. On IRCC's website, they have not mentioned anything about the difference between these two letters so I think there is no problem to work full time once you apply for PGWP. My guess is that when the numbers of applicants increase during a certain time then they send these letters to the applicants but when the applicant pool is not too many they don't issue these letters.

Abu afzal

Jan 4, 2019
Hey,
I have the same situation, I applied on May 12th and have not received that special receipt you are talking about, and received a job offer from an employer. they want me to show them the work permit.
hello, did you receive the letter? I am in the same situation I applied on May 15 but did not receive it till today. can you please tell me what happened with your case?
Thank you

Abu afzal

Jan 4, 2019
I applied on May 8th and I just received this letter today. I might say just wait for few days if they will send the letter or not , if not call them to make sure!
can you please provide the contact number i tried calling it says automated message only
Thank you

Abu afzal

Jan 4, 2019
Hello, if you received the first acknowledgment letter then as proof of your application you can work full time I think, we both have the same situation. I applied on May 11th and received the first acknowledgment only. On IRCC's website, they have not mentioned anything about the difference between these two letters so I think there is no problem to work full time once you apply for PGWP. My guess is that when the numbers of applicants increase during a certain time then they send these letters to the applicants but when the applicant pool is not too many they don't issue these letters.
I just received the submission confirmation, not the WP Ext document on my IRCC portal. with that confirmation itself can i work full time?

fardinlb

May 22, 2021

Callumjee

Jun 6, 2019
I just received the submission confirmation, not the WP Ext document on my IRCC portal. with that confirmation itself can i work full time?
When I applied I got the WP-EXT letter the next day, but that was because I said "Post Grad Work Permit" on the main application form. As long as you selected the correct application that you are applying for then there shouldn't be an issue. My school even said that as soon as we press submit on our application then you are free to work full time.

Averma19

Jun 26, 2021
Hello , I have applied for ,my work permit on 7th May i have still not received this letter. However everyone else who applied with me got the letter. Is there anything to worry about?
Hi, Have you got this letter yet or not as applied on May 22 and still not got this letter. So without this am I eligible to work or not ?