+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Would like PMM's advice. Would this effect whether or not my wife gets a PR card

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

mdan1984 said:
Hi PMM. Is it true that the medical examintion would be done in the China, and sent ALONG with the application to Canada? And if it is not received on the Canadian end when opening the package, do they stop the application or will they ask us to get one here in Canada. The immigration consultant told us that we would be asked to schedule an examination as the last step of the application.
Your insights would be greatly appreciated as soon as possible. I am watching this forum all night.

Thank You

Mike
1. You have so many packages and to and fro I am not sure what point you are at. You really should read the instructions yourself.
2. First of all check to see if your consultant is actually a CSIC member https://www.csic-scci.ca/find/ You probably should submit a complaint. As they don't have a clue.
3. It doesn't matter how you file, outside Canada or inside Canada, the proof of medical has to submitted with the application. The medical can be done at any DMP in the world. They send to the Regional Medical Centre, but YOU have to specify what Visa office will be processing the application, either Beijing of Vegreville. Note the Police Certificates have to submitted upfront as well.
4. You know that if your spouse was in Canada, you can still submit an out of Canada application (much faster than Vegreville) with Beijing as the processing office. The only thing is that there was an interview it would be in Beijing.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PMM said:
Hi

1. You have so many packages and to and fro I am not sure what point you are at. You really should read the instructions yourself.
2. First of all check to see if your consultant is actually a CSIC member https://www.csic-scci.ca/find/ You probably should submit a complaint. As they don't have a clue.
3. It doesn't matter how you file, outside Canada or inside Canada, the proof of medical has to submitted with the application. The medical can be done at any DMP in the world. They send to the Regional Medical Centre, but YOU have to specify what Visa office will be processing the application, either Beijing of Vegreville. Note the Police Certificates have to submitted upfront as well.
4. You know that if your spouse was in Canada, you can still submit an out of Canada application (much faster than Vegreville) with Beijing as the processing office. The only thing is that there was an interview it would be in Beijing.
Doesn't it sound to you like the OP's wife may have completed an FSW application? Just what I'm reading about the medical exam and what he says CIC told him makes me think this might not be an FC application!

@ mdan1984 - are you SURE this application was completed as a Family Class - Spousal application? Did you have to sign anything? Do you have a copy of whatever the consultant submitted? Everything PMM told you for a family class application is correct. And you should check out whomever you have hired as well!!! None of this is making sense.

One thing you should be clear on - Inland applications get sent to Vegreville, Alberta. Outland applications initially get sent to Mississauga, Ontario and, after sponsorship is approved, then get sent to the overseas visa office to process the PR part of the applications. In both cases, the medical and the police clearances MUST be submitted with the initial application. I don't know what you told CIC but if they knew this was a family class - spousal application there is no way they would have told you that the medical was the last part of the process!

About the TRV, I still think that if Beijing is willing to give your wife a TRV, the chances of her being denied entry are slim. If they thought that, why would they give her the TRV? That doesn't make sense either!

mdan1984

Feb 26, 2010
rjessome said:
Doesn't it sound to you like the OP's wife may have completed an FSW application? Just what I'm reading about the medical exam and what he says CIC told him makes me think this might not be an FC application!

@ mdan1984 - are you SURE this application was completed as a Family Class - Spousal application? Did you have to sign anything? Do you have a copy of whatever the consultant submitted? Everything PMM told you for a family class application is correct. And you should check out whomever you have hired as well!!! None of this is making sense.

One thing you should be clear on - Inland applications get sent to Vegreville, Alberta. Outland applications initially get sent to Mississauga, Ontario and, after sponsorship is approved, then get sent to the overseas visa office to process the PR part of the applications. In both cases, the medical and the police clearances MUST be submitted with the initial application. I don't know what you told CIC but if they knew this was a family class - spousal application there is no way they would have told you that the medical was the last part of the process!

About the TRV, I still think that if Beijing is willing to give your wife a TRV, the chances of her being denied entry are slim. If they thought that, why would they give her the TRV? That doesn't make sense either!
Hi there. I sponsored her yes.

What is a TRV?
Thanks

Regards
Michael

My wife and I have decided to write to CIC and have them cancel our current application. Then I will go back to Beijing and live with her. Then we will apply for a PR in Beijing. It's 4 months that. We will still have that 17,000.00 debt hanging over us from 2010 from having or son.
We just feel this might be better because we feel her chances for entry through customs with our situation is quite quite slim. Not too many ties back in Beijing to show for either on her end.