+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Would like PMM's advice. Would this effect whether or not my wife gets a PR card

mdan1984

Feb 26, 2010
Re: Would this effect whether or not my wife gets a PR card

ditta said:
I meant that they are checking whether the application package you send is complete or not when they start processing it. If something is missing they return it to the applicant with intructions. If you did not send the medical with the original package they should have sent it back to you as the medicals has to be done before you apply inland. If you know the number of the call centre, give them a call, talk to an agent and ask why they did not give you instructions to complete the medicals. I know some people whose medicals has been misplaced and therefore their application was transferred to local office, but they sent the receipt of medicals with their original application. That might going to happen to you as well and you will end up with an even longer processing time and probably an interview. Local CIC offices are very different, some is faster, some is very very slow.
I`m no expert, some seniors will give you better ideas for sure. I hope you can straighten things out, best luck to you and your wife and son!
hi there. No worries. When we set up our application with the immigration Company. There was Medical and Social Insurance number being applied for as well.

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011

mdan1984 said:
Hi there. How are you?
Thanks for the reply. We were aware of it. But my wife has never had problems entering any country in the past. Until this situation came up and we learnt, AFTER she went back to China, that the debt would maybe prevent her from entering, we would have no worries of her going back and being allowed in again. First of all, our son is Canadian, and I am Canadian. If i knew that the debt would be showing all over the place, then she wouldn't have gone back obviously. Because it would have been too risky.
Yes. We are happy to have our son. He is growing like a weed and I haven't been able to see him in person since November 2010. I see him on skype webcam. But that is not the same. But is better the nothing. :)

Thanks

Michael
Even though she has never had any problems entering any country in the past, There is never any guarantee that she will be let back in. YES your son is canadian but that fact doesnt secure re-entry into the country. I have three children who are all Canadian and i have to get a visa still even though i am travelling with them, re-entering the country . I still have to follow all the immigration rules like anyone else even though my family is 98 percent canadian. This has been proven to me every time i enter and i need to apply for a transit visa from my country. If anything, If i were to apply for a visitors visa OUTSIDE Canada, i have a very HIGH chance of denial because i have strong ties in canada (which is not a good thing for immigration because it will prove to them that i will not leave at the end of my intended stay) remember when applying for a resident visa i have to prove that i do NOT intend to stay here after the visiting times im requesting. So i agree with Angelbrat.

Atually she has a higher chance of denial of re-entry than the debt as someone here pointed out which you should be more concerned about. Leaving the country with an inland application in process is the riskiest thing an inlander could do. Even WITH a visa., CIC has pointed out entry IS NEVER guaranteed, it is up to the officer at the border who determines if they will let her in,. Your son WILL be let in if thats the case. But hey., Just reality!. they DO follow the rules and it is NOT unheard of. Even people who have never had any problems entering. canada is one of the countires that follow the rules to the TEE when it comes to such issues.

there are also certain families here who have canaian children and have been deported or been asked to leave the country. Having an all canadian family only raises your chances of becoming a PR but it does not protect you from the immigration process.
It HAS happened before that people have not been let in even with VALID visas. So dont take it lightly.

As for the debt, i wouldnt worry so much about it as its not to do with welfare, child support, or something directly owed to the gvt. I would be more worried and focused about her entering the country.
China takes only four months to process so that may be not so bad for her i wonder why she didnt go that route anyway. She would have gotten PR by now and she can live here in canada when her application is still in process.

mdan1984

Feb 26, 2010

ditta said:
I meant that they are checking whether the application package you send is complete or not when they start processing it. If something is missing they return it to the applicant with intructions. If you did not send the medical with the original package they should have sent it back to you as the medicals has to be done before you apply inland. If you know the number of the call centre, give them a call, talk to an agent and ask why they did not give you instructions to complete the medicals. I know some people whose medicals has been misplaced and therefore their application was transferred to local office, but they sent the receipt of medicals with their original application. That might going to happen to you as well and you will end up with an even longer processing time and probably an interview. Local CIC offices are very different, some is faster, some is very very slow.
I`m no expert, some seniors will give you better ideas for sure. I hope you can straighten things out, best luck to you and your wife and son!
I am actually still not quite sure what 'Medicals' are.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Medicals are your wife's medical exam.

Your wife should have undergone a medical exam with a designated medical practitioner (DMP) before the application was submitted. Proof that the medical exam was done should then have been included with the application when it was originally sent.

Does this help???

ditta

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-10
Med's Done....
20-06-10
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
02-06-11
If your wife gets her visa, you should consider to go to China and fly back with her. Your presence may be helpful, especially in case you have to deal with immigration. Try to gather evidence on the payment of your medical debt, and show ties to China on your wife`s side. If you search on the forum you can find very useful information on what people carry as proof.
You said that you submitted your application through an Immigration company, you mean lawyer, consultant? If yes and it applies to your inland application they should have known that the medical exam is a requirement, such as providing the receipts of the DMP, x-rays and blood work.
Also I`m wondering whether you studied the guidelines prior to submit the application or did you mark the document checklist- the medical receipts are on it.

mdan1984

Feb 26, 2010
ditta said:
If your wife gets her visa, you should consider to go to China and fly back with her. Your presence may be helpful, especially in case you have to deal with immigration. Try to gather evidence on the payment of your medical debt, and show ties to China on your wife`s side. If you search on the forum you can find very useful information on what people carry as proof.
You said that you submitted your application through an Immigration company, you mean lawyer, consultant? If yes and it applies to your inland application they should have known that the medical exam is a requirement, such as providing the receipts of the DMP, x-rays and blood work.
Also I`m wondering whether you studied the guidelines prior to submit the application or did you mark the document checklist- the medical receipts are on it.
Hi there. When we went through with the application process, we were told specifically that the medical examination was the last part, or final part of the application. After they open the package and review it, if they find her eligiable for PR, they will call her for a medical Examination. I called CIC and that is what they told me yesterday. So maybe something has changed. Medicals are OUR final step to the PR process.
Wow. Thank you all so much for the informative suggestions and advice. I can see now how our main concerns is trying to show CBSA her ties in China and how she wont stay past the designated time.

Thanks

Michael

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
mdan1984 said:
Hi there. When we went through with the application process, we were told specifically that the medical examination was the last part, or final part of the application. After they open the package and review it, if they find her eligiable for PR, they will call her for a medical Examination. I called CIC and that is what they told me yesterday. So maybe something has changed. Medicals are OUR final step to the PR process.
Wow. Thank you all so much for the informative suggestions and advice. I can see now how our main concerns is trying to show CBSA her ties in China and how she wont stay past the designated time.

Thanks

Michael
Then you have NOT applied Inland, you have applied Outland. All Inland applications have to have the medical with the application.

I really think you need to check your information, or please advise us which Canaadian visa office your original sponsorship application was sent too.

This information will then make it clear to the forum what kind of sponsorship you are undertaking. We can then assess and give you advice. Right now, with the information you have given, nothing you have said makes any sense.

Sorry.

HoneyBird

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2010
Doc's Request.
Jun 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
I sent in my medicals and then send in my application. you dont have to wait in my part of the world! this is very strange!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Outland applications also require you to do the medical in advance and include proof with the application.

mdan1984

Feb 26, 2010
angelbrat said:
Then you have NOT applied Inland, you have applied Outland. All Inland applications have to have the medical with the application.

I really think you need to check your information, or please advise us which Canaadian visa office your original sponsorship application was sent too.

This information will then make it clear to the forum what kind of sponsorship you are undertaking. We can then assess and give you advice. Right now, with the information you have given, nothing you have said makes any sense.

Sorry.
Hi there Angelbrat.

I agree and understand. Our situation is quite complicated. It is amazingly difficult to explain our situation to CIC and try to get answers. Because after a few minuets of explaining the situation they get quite impatient (understandably).
Ok. To make things more clearer for you, I hope. In 2009, me and my wife did NOT have the plan to come to Canada BEFORE getting the PR card. So we started to get things going in 2009 with East JP Star Immigration Consutling in Beijing. At that time, it was understood that after the collection and organization of the documents it would be submitted within Beijing (out of country)。 There was a slight time gap because we had to submit documents that I needed to wait for to be mailed me in China from Canada, which brought us into early 2010. In about Feb 2010, I heard of a very good job offer for me back here in Canada which shifted our gears. So we decided to apply for a visa and come to Canada together. It was my wife's first time coming to Canada. Well at that time, we were no longer out of country and the East JP Star Consutling in Beijing decided to change the submission process to a "within Canada" process. So in June 2010, our application package was sent to Vegreville Alberta. And here we stand.

It sounds like it will be quite tough for her to gain re-entry into the country. I wonder if it would be easier if I just send CIC a letter stating we will cancel the current application and have my wife apply within Beijing, if it's only 4 months or so.
Let me know guys

It is quite strict coming through the border and it doesn't matter that our son needs Mom or whatever. If my wife is denied access, they will come get me to take the baby eh?

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
OK is it me.....or does anyone else get the feeling that the OP's immigration consultant has shafted them???

Even the dumbest consultant must be aware that anyone can apply for Outland PR and still be in Canada. So, the OP is saying the Outland application was submitted in Feb 10 and then the consultant must have canceled that application and sent another one in June 10...yes?

Meanwhile, the consultant must have accidentally forgotten to tell the OP and his wife that to submit the new application Inland, that his wife needed to do a medical BEFORE the application was in. The consultant must have accidentally forgotten to tell the OP and his wife that she was NOT to leave Canada before her PR application was finalized.

Now the OP has been waiting for AIP for nearly 9 months. Lets just say (although I believe it would have been earlier) that Vegreville are just opening his application and find no medical receipt. They will send the package back and the OP and his wife have to start all over again.

I think that getting his wife back into Canada is the least of his problems myself.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

angelbrat said:
OK is it me.....or does anyone else get the feeling that the OP's immigration consultant has shafted them???

Even the dumbest consultant must be aware that anyone can apply for Outland PR and still be in Canada. So, the OP is saying the Outland application was submitted in Feb 10 and then the consultant must have canceled that application and sent another one in June 10...yes?

Meanwhile, the consultant must have accidentally forgotten to tell the OP and his wife that to submit the new application Inland, that his wife needed to do a medical BEFORE the application was in. The consultant must have accidentally forgotten to tell the OP and his wife that she was NOT to leave Canada before her PR application was finalized.

Now the OP has been waiting for AIP for nearly 9 months. Lets just say (although I believe it would have been earlier) that Vegreville are just opening his application and find no medical receipt. They will send the package back and the OP and his wife have to start all over again.

I think that getting his wife back into Canada is the least of his problems myself.
He also stated that the consultants applied for the SIN and Medical for them as well.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
angelbrat-

I'm 100% with you. This consultant has no idea what he's doing and should be fired.

In addition to what you've already outlined... The consultant initially started with the outland application. They should have kept the application as outland even after the OP's plans changed and decided to move to Canada. Had they done so, the application would very likely be approved by now.

This was a very straight-forward sponsorship. It's only become complicated because the consultant completely messed things up.

mdan1984

Feb 26, 2010
scylla said:
angelbrat-

I'm 100% with you. This consultant has no idea what he's doing and should be fired.

In addition to what you've already outlined... The consultant initially started with the outland application. They should have kept the application as outland even after the OP's plans changed and decided to move to Canada. Had they done so, the application would very likely be approved by now.

This was a very straight-forward sponsorship. It's only become complicated because the consultant completely messed things up.
Hi guys. Sounds like we have really been shafted by the consulting company. Just to clarify something. The application was NEVER submitted as outland. It would have been if we hadn't left China. They were still organzing the paperwork when we left China. ANd because we left China and came to Canada, they decided to just send the stuff to Canada and make it In-land. They didn't say "you CANNOT submit an outland while in Canada. They just did it that way because they thought it would make it easier.
Any suggestions.

mdan1984

Feb 26, 2010
PMM said:
Hi

He also stated that the consultants applied for the SIN and Medical for them as well.
Hi PMM. Is it true that the medical examintion would be done in the China, and sent ALONG with the application to Canada? And if it is not received on the Canadian end when opening the package, do they stop the application or will they ask us to get one here in Canada. The immigration consultant told us that we would be asked to schedule an examination as the last step of the application.
Your insights would be greatly appreciated as soon as possible. I am watching this forum all night.

Thank You

Mike