Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
8/10/2015
Med's Done....
7/28/2015
Passport Req..
12/22/2015
Hi All,

I just passed my medical yesterday and am still very worried. I'm currently residing in USA, but grew up in Egypt. I got the Egyptian PCC (which is mostly in Arabic) when I was in Egypt 4 weeks ago. I went to the Canadian embassy in Egypt to translate it, but unfortunately the Canadian embassy has been closed in Egypt for a while now due to 'security concerns'. I couldn't get a list of CIC-approved translators in Egypt, so I had a translator, certified by both the Ministry of Justice and Ministry of Foreign Affair, translate my PCC. I also got the official seal/stamps of both Ministries on the translated document.

When I uploaded the original and translated PCC, I explained that it's certified/approved by both Ministries. But I didn't mention that the Canadian embassy in Egypt is closed (I assumed CIC would know such info).

What do you guys think? Should I be worried? Is there anything I can do now to minimize the risk of rejection? And even if they reject it, how can I rectify it? I couldn't find any Arabic-English translator in the US or Canada who is approved by CIC.

Any suggestion would be very helpful. Thanks

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tomneversfield said:
Hi All,

I just passed my medical yesterday and am still very worried. I'm currently residing in USA, but grew up in Egypt. I got the Egyptian PCC (which is mostly in Arabic) when I was in Egypt 4 weeks ago. I went to the Canadian embassy in Egypt to translate it, but unfortunately the Canadian embassy has been closed in Egypt for a while now due to 'security concerns'. I couldn't get a list of CIC-approved translators in Egypt, so I had a translator, certified by both the Ministry of Justice and Ministry of Foreign Affair, translate my PCC. I also got the official seal/stamps of both Ministries on the translated document.

When I uploaded the original and translated PCC, I explained that it's certified/approved by both Ministries. But I didn't mention that the Canadian embassy in Egypt is closed (I assumed CIC would know such info).

What do you guys think? Should I be worried? Is there anything I can do now to minimize the risk of rejection? And even if they reject it, how can I rectify it? I couldn't find any Arabic-English translator in the US or Canada who is approved by CIC.

Any suggestion would be very helpful. Thanks
I truly think you are fine. But what seems to be potentially missing is the translator's sworn affidavit that the translation is a true one made to the best of his/her ability. Don't panic! If you have turned it in with your application already, I would just relax. It's got all these ministry stamps all over it, the translator is certified - you didn't give it to your cousin - and it should be fine. If you haven't turned it in yet, could you find a translator - perhaps through Berlitz - who would swear to the translation in front of a notary?

Manavryk

Aug 8, 2015
what?

Where did you find that documents MUST be translated by CIC-approved translators?
the only requirement for documents to be translated is that it must be done by "certified translator", what means someone who is doing that as a business, and must have university degree.
Pretty much every translator I ever met, have some form of a license or registration to do that. That's all you need, buddy.

tomneversfield

May 8, 2015
USA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
8/10/2015
Med's Done....
7/28/2015
Passport Req..
12/22/2015
Thank you both so much for your responses, and for making me feel less worried. Unfortunately I already submitted my application (and passed my medical yesterday), so I have no control over it now. Both your comments alleviated my worry a bit. For some reason I had understood that the translator has to be certified by the Canadian embassy or CIC. Hopefully the official stamps will be OK with them, and if not, then hopefully they'll give me a chance to use a certified Arabic translator in the US (and not reject my entire application). They're sometimes lenient and understanding, and sometimes quite fierce and dismissive. I hope I get one of the laid back nice ones! :)