+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WORRIED ABOUT BIOMETRIC

makdave

Jun 21, 2017
I checked MyCIC Account many times to see if i've email from IRCC for Biometric instruction, But nothing like email yet. I just want to know if i can go ahead to the VAC office to give my Biometric without the Biometric instruction letter from IRCC? Secondly, How long could my background check takes or to hear back from the office since i'm Nigeria Nationality but applied for canada visa from USA

Cyclist100

Jun 14, 2017
I checked MyCIC Account many times to see if i've email from IRCC for Biometric instruction, But nothing like email yet. I just want to know if i can go ahead to the VAC office to give my Biometric without the Biometric instruction letter from IRCC? Secondly, How long could my background check takes or to hear back from the office since i'm Nigeria Nationality but applied for canada visa from USA
The biometric instruction letter comes approx 48 hours after applying online. When did you apply? I don't believe they would accept your biometrics before letter. I know someone who tried but was sent back and was asked to wait for the letter.

makdave

Jun 21, 2017
On the 12th of june. i only recieved submission confirmation email. i was surprised why i didn't receive the Biometrics letter. I keep my fingers cross

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
On the 12th of june. i only recieved submission confirmation email. i was surprised why i didn't receive the Biometrics letter. I keep my fingers cross
Maybe your application is incomplete or photographs are not in the right specifications. Hope you've emailed the visa office

makdave

Jun 21, 2017
I submitted all the required documents, I emailed the visa office and here is there replied! We have received your email to the Consulate General of Canada's Immigration Section in Los Angeles and will review it shortly. Please note: if the information requested is available on our websites (www.losangeles.gc.ca or www.cic.gc.ca), or your application is still within standard processing times (www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp"http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp), we will not provide a response to your message. I'm just convinced with the processing. I'll looking up to new week and hope for good responds.

makdave

Jun 21, 2017
If the visa office have direct phone contacts to reach the customer services for inquiry, Pls kindly share it with me. Thanks for your support

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I submitted all the required documents, I emailed the visa office and here is there replied! We have received your email to the Consulate General of Canada's Immigration Section in Los Angeles and will review it shortly. Please note: if the information requested is available on our websites (www.losangeles.gc.ca or www.cic.gc.ca), or your application is still within standard processing times (www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp"http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp), we will not provide a response to your message. I'm just convinced with the processing. I'll looking up to new week and hope for good responds.
This is a standard, automated response.

You must request the visa office to send you the Biometrics Information Letter (BIL)

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Not sure why there's a delay for the BIL in your case. Maybe you could wait another couple of days. Do send a Case Specific Enquiry + another email to the visa office

makdave

Jun 21, 2017
Firstly, I was thinking maybe because i have US work authorization and i've done a biometrics here in USA, Maybe the two countries share same data? Well, i'll resend another email to the office and request for Biometrics letter.

Ferdoustumpa

Jun 15, 2018
bryanna can youu please mention after how many days you had got your biometric instructions email??? I am in same situation. it would be of great help