+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Workpermit about to expire soon!

maulik1995

Mar 3, 2019
Hi,
I came as an International Student and studied for 2years and got 3years work permit(WP). My work permit is about to expire and I will complete my 2years work experience shortly after my WP expires, that will give me a boost in my express entry points. I have that as an option but I wanted to find out if there's other options to either boost my points or remain in Canada.

Can I become a student again and then get extra points for study in Canada?

Your suggestions/help is very much appreciated. Thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,
I came as an International Student and studied for 2years and got 3years work permit(WP). My work permit is about to expire and I will complete my 2years work experience shortly after my WP expires, that will give me a boost in my express entry points. I have that as an option but I wanted to find out if there's other options to either boost my points or remain in Canada.

You can become a student again - however you won't qualify for another PGWP. You can only qualify for a PGWP once in a lifetime.

If you want to continue working and remain in Canada, you'd need to find an employer willing to give you a job offer and who can obtain an approved LMIA.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,

If your 2 years experience will be met after your work permit expires, then you don't have that as an option because you don't qualify for a work permit extension.