+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working during implied status without a SIN number

Discussion in 'Canadian Finance and Taxation' started by Sam Brown, Aug 9, 2018.

  1. Hi all! I am currently in Canada on a work visa expiring September 9. I've applied for PR and an open work permit but still waiting to hear back. I understand that if I don't recieve my work permit before my visa expires I can continue to work under implied status but I'm a bit confused about how that works since my current SIN expires on September 9 with my visa and you can't work without a SIN, and i also cant get a new SIN until I have my wok permit. Can anyone explain to me how this works? Are there any steps I need to take or do I just continue to work?

Share This Page