+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work without SIN temproraily

seamarine

Star Member
Jun 5, 2018
Hi

I am going to come to Toronto area in July and will apply PR card as did not apply when we landed in 2015. Currently PR card wait time is more than 3 months . Since I can get a SIN number only after receiving my PR Card, is there anyway I can start work without the SIN and get paid for all the work done after I receive my SIN? So if I receive my PR card and SIN after 3 months- then I get paid for all of those 3 months after I receive my SIN. Is this considered legal ? If yes, will the companies be willing to hire without SIN and then waiting to pay for all the time worked after obtaining a SIN?

Any suggestions.

seamarine

Star Member
Jun 5, 2018
PR card is not required for SIN. You just need COPR.

My COPR is more than 2 years old so as per SIN website they will only issue SIN if there is a PR card, hence the question.
The website says they will issue SIN only if the COPR is within 1 year validity.

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Hi

I am going to come to Toronto area in July and will apply PR card as did not apply when we landed in 2015. Currently PR card wait time is more than 3 months . Since I can get a SIN number only after receiving my PR Card, is there anyway I can start work without the SIN and get paid for all the work done after I receive my SIN? So if I receive my PR card and SIN after 3 months- then I get paid for all of those 3 months after I receive my SIN. Is this considered legal ? If yes, will the companies be willing to hire without SIN and then waiting to pay for all the time worked after obtaining a SIN?

Any suggestions.
Without knowing what type of work you're trying to get, I would think most reputable companies wouldn't do this for you as the risk to the company is quite substantial. Not only would it be blatantly illegal to hire someone without a SIN, you would not be covered should you be injured on the job.

Reactions: seamarine

Masterland

Oct 29, 2018
Hi

İ m a international student who dont have a work permit currently

THree mounths ago i worked as a dishwasher for one mounth and now when i asked my boss to pay me he just replied me he need to write me cheque

What happened if i paid check; total amount is 600 cad?i m on the verge of extendion my visa do i have problem with that?