+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work promotion/title change on a closed work permit, but NOC code stays the same.

john_1990

Nov 17, 2022
Hi everyone,

I am currently on a Young Professional visa with a closed work permit. My title on my work permit is "Assistant General Manager" but I am being promoted to "General Manager" and have been given a pay rise. My employer and NOC code will stay the same, because my listed duties are still the same. Is this something I need to notify IRCC about? I dont have my NOC code listed on my current work permit, but it does state the name of my employer and my current job role.

I have currently been invited to apply for British Columbia PNP - Express Entry, and have submitted my application as Assistant General Manager. When submitting my application it was stated that i only needed to update if my income was being reduced, or if i was changing employer, so there doesn't seem to be any issues there with PNP. Just not sure about the conditions on my current work permit, while my application gets assessed and is being processed.

Should I also then update my Federal Express Entry application for the new job role of General Manager? or leave it as is so that it still matches my Express Entry PNP profile?

Thanks. Seems like just a small thing but don't want to make mistakes.

Augustus20

Oct 13, 2022
Hi everyone,

I am currently on a Young Professional visa with a closed work permit. My title on my work permit is "Assistant General Manager" but I am being promoted to "General Manager" and have been given a pay rise. My employer and NOC code will stay the same, because my listed duties are still the same. Is this something I need to notify IRCC about? I dont have my NOC code listed on my current work permit, but it does state the name of my employer and my current job role.

I have currently been invited to apply for British Columbia PNP - Express Entry, and have submitted my application as Assistant General Manager. When submitting my application it was stated that i only needed to update if my income was being reduced, or if i was changing employer, so there doesn't seem to be any issues there with PNP. Just not sure about the conditions on my current work permit, while my application gets assessed and is being processed.

Should I also then update my Federal Express Entry application for the new job role of General Manager? or leave it as is so that it still matches my Express Entry PNP profile?

Thanks. Seems like just a small thing but don't want to make mistakes.