+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit under SUV during pandemic

amir788

Star Member
Dec 6, 2021
Well, I don't remember anything special to prepare before moving to Canada. my wp and my husbands open wp is valid for 2 years. and it can be extended. I wish the PR process goes on and we get the PR before wp expiration. they just asked me about my work contract. I showed a letter from incubator that I'm going to start a business in Canada and that was it. very fast and easy.
can you tell me about the proof of fund for suv wp? can be partially from property ?

Halem

Star Member
Oct 5, 2020
@Halem once you get the work permit, do you need to travel within a certain timeframe? if yes, can you pls share what that timeframe is?
Yes it will be written in your Visa which sticks to our passport. for us, it was 1 year. so you'll have 1 year to travel to Canada and get your work permit. work permit issues in first airport you land in.

ani123

Feb 7, 2022
The IRCC instructions for SUV work permit don't work (ie how to get to the international mobility section)

Instead on the come to Canada tool, select you are coming to work in Canada as an Entrepreneur/Self employed
@SUV_Unicorn_Potential - where exactly did you select this option. I can't find it on the "come to canada" wizard. I've been looking for this for weeks now. Could you please help with the starter link?

For context - I'm a SUV candidate, with a valid LOS, applying for WP.

Nightbirde

Star Member
Jul 6, 2022
Hello Again to all,
It would be greatly appreciated if anyone share his/her experiences about Work Permit for the SUV timeline where the Canadian embassy in Ankara - Turkey takes care of it.
For example for myself, 39 weeks passed from the biometric (fingerprint) completion date without getting any result yet.
Thanks in advance!
Iman