+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit under SUV during pandemic

pathCanada

Star Member
May 1, 2021
Hi everyone,

We are now in Canada, so I will share my experience.
To board on the plane, the airlines asked us some documents like a joboffer or a letter to show that weare essential.
We had a letter from incubator explaining that I should be present in Canada. and we got an authorization letter from IRCC for my husband and my child that they are accompanying me as family members.
Thank you Halem for sharing this!

Jat_suv

May 19, 2021
Hi everyone,

We are now in Canada, so I will share my experience.
To board on the plane, the airlines asked us some documents like a joboffer or a letter to show that weare essential.
We had a letter from incubator explaining that I should be present in Canada. and we got an authorization letter from IRCC for my husband and my child that they are accompanying me as family members.
Hi Halem,
Congratulations to your move and best wishes for your future endeavours. Any things to take care or remember before or while travelling after I get WP approval ? Which country u applied from and how much time WP approval took? What is the Validity of WP you got? And open WP for spouse?
What questions are asked by immigration officers in Canada. Where are you based in Canada? I am making move to Vancouver.
Thanks

M.jal

Nov 2, 2018
My work permit is recently approved and I'm planning to move to Canada with my family.
But I'm a bit confused. You mentioned the employment letter and in IRCC website there is a "job offer" needed. How can I provide that? As I'm an entrepreneur going to incorporate in Canada? What about my husband? Does he need any job offer? He is accompanying me.
We apllied for the same stream.i have a question which is so important for me.how long did it take from being accepted in the interwive to get your permit work .i recently passed the interwive and i singed a contract with the province of N.S as entreprenour .since i wanted to sell my property to transfer Canada so it is an important matter for me.thanks in advance

Halem

Star Member
Oct 5, 2020
We apllied for the same stream.i have a question which is so important for me.how long did it take from being accepted in the interwive to get your permit work .i recently passed the interwive and i singed a contract with the province of N.S as entreprenour .since i wanted to sell my property to transfer Canada so it is an important matter for me.thanks in advance
For us, it took 4 months from submitting work permit to being approved. Interview is the first step and the process depends on your country.
you should get Ielts band 5, and police certificate. if everything is ready, then you should check processing time of your country.
it's not something you can predict exactly so be careful before selling property.

Reactions: M.jal

Halem

Star Member
Oct 5, 2020
Hi Halem,
Congratulations to your move and best wishes for your future endeavours. Any things to take care or remember before or while travelling after I get WP approval ? Which country u applied from and how much time WP approval took? What is the Validity of WP you got? And open WP for spouse?
What questions are asked by immigration officers in Canada. Where are you based in Canada? I am making move to Vancouver.
Thanks
Well, I don't remember anything special to prepare before moving to Canada. my wp and my husbands open wp is valid for 2 years. and it can be extended. I wish the PR process goes on and we get the PR before wp expiration. they just asked me about my work contract. I showed a letter from incubator that I'm going to start a business in Canada and that was it. very fast and easy.

Reactions: Entrepreneur101

M.jal

Nov 2, 2018
For us, it took 4 months from submitting work permit to being approved. Interview is the first step and the process depends on your country.
you should get Ielts band 5, and police certificate. if everything is ready, then you should check processing time of your country.
it's not something you can predict exactly so be careful before selling property.
Thank you sir.

moh122

Star Member
Apr 19, 2021
You don't need to mention that you will come back to your country at all.
For purpose of travel for my husband (I didn't need it) we wrote that he is going to accompany me until our pr is granted.
It's obvious that we are immigrating to Canada.
No coverletter is needed neither.
All you need is a letter of support, bank letter for proving that you have 40,000 CAD, police certification, Ielts band 5, LMIA exemption form and payment (230 CAD) and personal documents.
And I should mention that the embassy called my office to check my job and salary. Be ready for it.
Does the letter of support need be valid at the time when I enter Canada under WP?