+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit under SUV during pandemic

Halem

Star Member
Oct 5, 2020
Hi everyone,

I have submitted for PR under startup visa program but it takes too long so I recently submitted an application for work permit. processing time says it takes 19 weeks. but I don't know whether my family and I can enter Canada with work permit or not? according to the pandemic.
Has anyone applied for work permit and entered Canada since March 2020?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everyone,

I have submitted for PR under startup visa program but it takes too long so I recently submitted an application for work permit. processing time says it takes 19 weeks. but I don't know whether my family and I can enter Canada with work permit or not? according to the pandemic.
Do you have or need an LMIA?

sahilarora2003

Mar 13, 2013
Surrey
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-09-2022
Doc's Request.
20-12-2022
AOR Received.
09-09-2022
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2022
Hi everyone,

If you have valid work permit then the answer is Yes! but there is a catch. The reason for travel should be essential. I don't think you will be allowed to travel since you will get your work permit approved for the first time and it does not fall under essential reason to travel for now. I hope it helps.

SUV_Unicorn_Potential

Star Member
Jun 26, 2020
Hi everyone,

Yes, I applied for a SUV work permit in Aug 22 2020. It got approved on 29th Oct 2020. And I entered Canada on Nov 2020
Make sure you present an offer of employment letter on arrival as long as with your POE (Port of Introduction Letter) and proof that you can financially support your yourself.

Also you must have a plan to self quarantine for 14 days.

Read more here
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/foreign-workers.html

Halem

Star Member
Oct 5, 2020
Yes, I applied for a SUV work permit in Aug 22 2020. It got approved on 29th Oct 2020. And I entered Canada on Nov 2020
Make sure you present an offer of employment letter on arrival as long as with your POE (Port of Introduction Letter) and proof that you can financially support your yourself.

Read more here
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/foreign-workers.html
Great.

Thanks for sharing your case :)

AlirezaJo

Feb 15, 2021

Read more here
Hi, thanks for sharing this info.

I'm also applying for a work permit under the SUV program, however, when I follow the instruction from CIC on the eligibility form it brings up a "foreign worker" work which requires document irrelevant to the SUV program. Can you tell us how you got relevant profiles like the international mobility program?

SUV_Unicorn_Potential

Star Member
Jun 26, 2020
The IRCC instructions for SUV work permit don't work (ie how to get to the international mobility section)

Instead on the come to Canada tool, select you are coming to work in Canada as an Entrepreneur/Self employed

Reactions: AlirezaJo

amdavis05

Feb 6, 2021

Read more here

How long did it take for you to get the angel investor, etc. aspect to back your business before applying for the SUV permit? If you're starting the start up, do you issue an offer of employment letter to...yourself? I live on the BC/WA border now and I've been wanting to move to BC with a great startup idea, but I'm still trying to figure out how I can set up a business in Canada while being a citizen living in the US. Hmm.

Halem

Star Member
Oct 5, 2020

Read more here
My work permit is recently approved and I'm planning to move to Canada with my family.
But I'm a bit confused. You mentioned the employment letter and in IRCC website there is a "job offer" needed. How can I provide that? As I'm an entrepreneur going to incorporate in Canada? What about my husband? Does he need any job offer? He is accompanying me.

Reactions: M.jal and mamad611

mamad611

Star Member
Mar 21, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
Doc's Request.
Temp Application Number: 2021-01-25
AOR Received.
2022-09-20
Med's Request
2023-01-25
Med's Done....
2023-02-10
My work permit is recently approved and I'm planning to move to Canada with my family.
But I'm a bit confused. You mentioned the employment letter and in IRCC website there is a "job offer" needed. How can I provide that? As I'm an entrepreneur going to incorporate in Canada? What about my husband? Does he need any job offer? He is accompanying me.
Congrats on application approval
I hope you and your family get Canada ASAP

I'm planning to start work permit application for myself. Is it possible to give me an advise on that?
does it need to obtain a letter of explanation or cover letter to describe that i will comeback to my country after wp timeline or lives Canada?
Because I saw, some wp was regected for unsutisfing officer about the comeback plan or anything like that?
Thanks in advance

Halem

Star Member
Oct 5, 2020
You don't need to mention that you will come back to your country at all.
For purpose of travel for my husband (I didn't need it) we wrote that he is going to accompany me until our pr is granted.
It's obvious that we are immigrating to Canada.
No coverletter is needed neither.
All you need is a letter of support, bank letter for proving that you have 40,000 CAD, police certification, Ielts band 5, LMIA exemption form and payment (230 CAD) and personal documents.
And I should mention that the embassy called my office to check my job and salary. Be ready for it.

mamad611

Star Member
Mar 21, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
Doc's Request.
Temp Application Number: 2021-01-25
AOR Received.
2022-09-20
Med's Request
2023-01-25
Med's Done....
2023-02-10
@Halem thank you for your response.

Jat_suv

May 19, 2021
No if you are primary applicant, there is no need of offer letter for ur husband.

Halem

Star Member
Oct 5, 2020
Hi everyone,

We are now in Canada, so I will share my experience.
To board on the plane, the airlines asked us some documents like a joboffer or a letter to show that weare essential.
We had a letter from incubator explaining that I should be present in Canada. and we got an authorization letter from IRCC for my husband and my child that they are accompanying me as family members.