+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WORK PERMIT TIMELINE HERE FOR JULY AND AUGUST PLEASE SHARE YOUR TIMELINE AND STATUS HERE

Gill deep

May 27, 2018
Hello i have submitted my WP application on 3 dec for the farm supervisior post can anyone pls tell me how much time it will take to get desicion on my application .i am from india
Thank you

niah

Mar 14, 2018
Hi

I got approved today(2019/01/03) for my WP extension. My wife also had received the approval.
they received my application on the July 6, 2018

mreza

May 6, 2018
Hello everyone, Thank you for your information.
I got a Postdoc offer from Queen's University (Canada) with LMIA exempt and I applied (from USA) for Specific Work Permit on Oct 5 2018 and submitted biometrics on Oct 9. Also applied Open Work Permit for my wife at the same time.
We are waiting for our visas since Oct 9. I'm so worried about my situation here in the US (Iranian international student) and my work start date is Jan 20. I wonder why my visa is not issued yet after 3 months and how much longer should we wait.

Timeline :
Applied online Oct. 5, 2018 (currently live in the USA and my document is in New York office)
Submitted biometrics on Oct. 9, 2018
No medical needed for us.
Jan. 3rd, 2019 and still waiting.

Last edited:

lb1610

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
Hi Everyone

Positive LMIA 19th September.
W/P Application Submitted 21st September.
Biometrics completed 24th September.
Medical request 27th November
Medical completed and submitted 29th November.
Medical Passed 2nd January.

Processing time has just increased to 17 weeks and its been just over 15. Applying from the UK. Hopefully I should hear something soon.
Anyone else with a similar timeline?

likleme

Dec 7, 2018
Please, can someone suggest what to be done? I submitted an online application for WP (NB. got a job in Canada with necessary work package), to Canadian immigration, I am applying from the USA since am visiting the US temp. my application was submitted since 8th of August,there has been no update concering my application. I felt the time has elasped for the application process in States, so enquired from CIC Newyork, through the IRCC webform. I received a response from CIC Uk saying its under active processing in October, till date no update. I sent a email again to CIC NewYork, a few days ago only receive a response from CIC NewYork that my application is not been processed at their office. now I don't know if to contact cic UK because I didn't apply from there and never expected my application to be processed there. Also, the IRCC web form says it should not be used more than once. AM confused and really have been wasting my time in states thinking my application is here...Pls advise..this almost 6months now with no update from CIC concerning my new work permit.

mreza

May 6, 2018
Please, can someone suggest what to be done? I submitted an online application for WP (NB. got a job in Canada with necessary work package), to Canadian immigration, I am applying from the USA since am visiting the US temp. my application was submitted since 8th of August,there has been no update concering my application. I felt the time has elasped for the application process in States, so enquired from CIC Newyork, through the IRCC webform. I received a response from CIC Uk saying its under active processing in October, till date no update. I sent a email again to CIC NewYork, a few days ago only receive a response from CIC NewYork that my application is not been processed at their office. now I don't know if to contact cic UK because I didn't apply from there and never expected my application to be processed there. Also, the IRCC web form says it should not be used more than once. AM confused and really have been wasting my time in states thinking my application is here...Pls advise..this almost 6months now with no update from CIC concerning my new work permit.
What is your nationality? I have heard lots of reports that the visa application does not necessarily process in the local office of applicants living country. Since you applied online there is a high possibility that your application is in UK office. How long can you stay in the US? Current processing time from UK is 17 weeks which starts from the date you submitted your fingerprints. Please update here if you had any updates in your case, since we are all waiting for a long time.

likleme

Dec 7, 2018
What is your nationality? I have heard lots of reports that the visa application does not necessarily process in the local office of applicants living country. Since you applied online there is a high possibility that your application is in UK office. How long can you stay in the US? Current processing time from UK is 17 weeks which starts from the date you submitted your fingerprints. Please update here if you had any updates in your case, since we are all waiting for a long time.
Hi,
am a Nigerian by nationality who came visiting the US and used the oppourtunity to apply from the states because I felt the processing time was much shorter. am suppose to assume duty since September 2018. when filling my application, place of permanent residence I filled in Nigeria and place where am applying from, I filled united states. I expected it should be processed where I am applying from. I have no UK correlation,.If taken to Nigeria I might say because am a citizen there, but UK I don't Understand.
Also my biometric is still valid till 2026 when I checked and CIC said I didn't need to give either in the acknowledgment letter sent to me.

mreza

May 6, 2018
Hi,
am a Nigerian by nationality who came visiting the US and used the oppourtunity to apply from the states because I felt the processing time was much shorter. am suppose to assume duty since September 2018. when filling my application, place of permanent residence I filled in Nigeria and place where am applying from, I filled united states. I expected it should be processed where I am applying from. I have no UK correlation,.If taken to Nigeria I might say because am a citizen there, but UK I don't Understand.
Also my biometric is still valid till 2026 when I checked and CIC said I didn't need to give either in the acknowledgment letter sent to me.
Ok. I understand. So, it seems the system sent your application based on their algorithms, I don't know the reason, sorry for that. But please keep us posted here. The work permit processing time from Nigeria is 20 weeks. I believe nationality will also affect the processing time. I'm Iranian applied from USA (living here and studying for the last 5 years) but it is more than 3 months and still waiting (under processing in New York visa office).

Also, which Visa Application Center should you submit your passport when they request it to issue the visa? (in UK or USA??)

Reactions: likleme

likleme

Dec 7, 2018
Ok. I understand. So, it seems the system sent your application based on their algorithms, I don't know the reason, sorry for that. But please keep us posted here. The work permit processing time from Nigeria is 20 weeks. I believe nationality will also affect the processing time. I'm Iranian applied from USA (living here and studying for the last 5 years) but it is more than 3 months and still waiting (under processing in New York visa office).

Also, which Visa Application Center should you submit your passport when they request it to issue the visa? (in UK or USA??)

artismelb

Jun 5, 2019
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
NOC 5241
App. Filed.......
28-11-2019
AOR Received.
28-11-2019

Did you get any updates?

likleme

Dec 7, 2018
Did you get any updates?[/QUOTE
I got a letter requesting my passport and suppose to send it to usA based on where I applied but sent it to my country of residence since it wasn't specified..I also contacted the VAC centers that responded.

hos

Star Member
May 5, 2010
Hi mreza
My nephew also applied from New York. He is on there right now .but his visa will be expired in two months.He is also Iranian.
I would like to know .Did you get your work permit? If you got how long did it take?

PALASHPAL

Aug 16, 2017
Applied from Australia on August 22nd, nothing happened yet, They haven't even started to review the eligibility yet.
Hi,
If they started reviewing your eligibility then how long will take to decision made. I have done with Biomatric, pCC and medical upfront. Plz put some light on it.

mreza

May 6, 2018
Hi,
I thought I wrote an update here but just realized I posted in another thread. Yes, I finally got my work visa from the USA office (applied on October 2018). It took 14 weeks to get passport requests and after submitting the passports it took 1 week to get it back.