+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit restriction in health care field occupation.

tr2prhelp

Nov 13, 2021
Hello guys!

I got my work permit (PGWP) and got condition
NOT AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN CHILDCARE PRIMARY/SECONDARY SCHOOL TEACHING, HEALTH SERVICE FIELD OCCUPATIONS.

I am planning for flagpole. Wonder what documents are required?
Thanks in advance

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello guys!

I got my work permit (PGWP) and got condition
NOT AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN CHILDCARE PRIMARY/SECONDARY SCHOOL TEACHING, HEALTH SERVICE FIELD OCCUPATIONS.

I am planning for flagpole. Wonder what documents are required?
Thanks in advance
Can you even flagpole to change conditions? You would need a medical to change the condition.

Ammydeep

Aug 21, 2020
Hi.... guys .................... where are the conditions written on the work permit?
I am going to work as a nurse here in Ontario ....I didn't apply for the medical while applying for pgwp application and recently my application was approved.
But i cannot see anything written specifically for health care restriction employment?
Hi, I am in similar situation like you. I read from somewhere about this. I am working as a nurse and there is no restriction on my workpermit. Even I also I didn’t done the medical while applying pgwp. Is that ok? Are you still working in health care field?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hi, I am in similar situation like you. I read from somewhere about this. I am working as a nurse and there is no restriction on my workpermit. Even I also I didn’t done the medical while applying pgwp. Is that ok? Are you still working in health care field?
They should be written at the bottom of the work permit in fine prints.

0newmember0

Nov 1, 2020
Yes it was all good. I didnot submit any medical.

Jun 6, 2023
Just an update on my post above... We went to the US border to flagpole and it was a SUCCESS! More information below if needed.

My girlfriend, who is here from Finland on a one year working holiday visa, had restrictions for working in the medical field/with children despite taking all the steps to have those removed before she came here. After many phone calls and emails it seemed our only option was to apply to have them removed via the links on CIC's website. After coming across this forum we decided to give 'operation flagpole' a shot, by going over the US border and appealing our case to the Canadian border officers on our way back in. They were able to remove the restrictions there and it took about 15 minutes as opposed to 5 weeks (minimum) so we were pretty stoked! A few things to note - they said with a working holiday visa they were only able to make the amendments because it was a mistake to have those restrictions on her visa in the first place. She had done her medical examination and criminal record check BEFORE she came and all those documents were accepted on her application, so those restrictions shouldn't have been there. If she was wanting to lift her restrictions after arrival they wouldn't be able to help.

Hope this information can be useful for someone out there! Thank you for your help Thronion Alb!
Did you get a new date of issue or they just removed the condition?

Jun 6, 2023
I did it.
Schedule appointment with a panel of physicians.
Go and make medicals.
Wait about one month.
Go and flagpole to the Usa border.
Its housekeeping but they are healthcare services. If u apply for a job there , u're application will be rejected due to this restrictions.
Did you get a new date of issue or did they just removed the condition from your work permit and kept the old date of issue?

Jun 6, 2023
I am currently in the same situation. Did my medicals again from canada now. What would be the better option to apply online or to flagpole when i want my work permit without those conditions ASAP

Krina1234

May 24, 2021
Hi,
I am also in the same situation. I also have an open work permit with the same restriction. I wonder if I would be able to accept an offer as a medical office assistant (Moa) or should I get the restriction removed first. Thank you.
Hi, did you get the MOA position?
Hi,
I am also in the same situation. I also have an open work permit with the same restriction. I wonder if I would be able to accept an offer as a medical office assistant (Moa) or should I get the restriction removed first. Thank you.

Nov 8, 2023
Hello everyone,
My wife is on an open work permit. She is currently working as a pharmacy assistant. She received her permit extension with a medical restriction. I called the IRCC to inquire whether she needs a medical exam or not. They said it is a grey area. If she is in close contact with patients, she definitely needs one. If not, she does not require one even if she works in a health care setting. Under the NOC of a pharmacy assistant, there is nothing that says we deal with patients and get in close contact with them. Pharmacists only are in close contact with patients. What are your suggestions? Does she need to do a medical exam and reapply again? This can also affect her PR application as the work experience may be considered working without authorization by the officer. Thanks in advance!
  • Assess prescriptions for completeness
  • Enter clients’ information and prescription details in databases
  • Help pharmacists and other pharmacy staff with preparing, packaging and labelling of pharmaceutical products
  • Assist in maintaining inventories of medications and pharmaceutical products
  • Compound oral solutions, ointments and creams
  • May process medical billing information
  • May price and stock items on shelves.