+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit restriction in health care field occupation.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Exactly , I did medicals but x-ray . So my medical got uphold. My concern is whether I can upload my ne give letter of explanation that I can upload my new job pay stubs later on
If you submit it without the payslips, it is an incomplete app. Incomplete apps are generally returned.

Nov 29, 2018
[QUOTE="Dolf Vermeulen,
To flagpole is to go to the border with US, pass into US border...tell to the US officer that u have to turn back because u have to apply for work permit. He gives u a refusal letter and guide u to the Canadian border. Once u are in the Canadian sode u tell the officer the reason u are there.

I dont know nothing about a holiday visa and how they procced upon your request.
As rule, u need the number of your medicals to make it easy.
I heard medicals are valid 1 year.
Anyway try. Even they dont accept your request, i dont think u have sth to loose.

I have a quick question for you, did you do the medical exam before you apply for the work permit or after?
and what did you tell them at the borders exactly?

Thank you!

judyYu

Apr 5, 2019
I did it.
Schedule appointment with a panel of physicians.
Go and make medicals.
Wait about one month.
Go and flagpole to the Usa border.
Its housekeeping but they are healthcare services. If u apply for a job there , u're application will be rejected due to this restrictions.
Hey Thronion Alb, do you mind expanding on what you mean by " Wait for one month"? I have the same situation with you. I just done my medical exam last two week. My doctor told me that my result has been submit to CIC. I don't know what to do next. I am not sure what do you mean for " Wait for one month", what are you waiting for in that month? I plan to go to US border as well to get my work permit updated. Thank you in advance!!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hey Thronion Alb, do you mind expanding on what you mean by " Wait for one month"? I have the same situation with you. I just done my medical exam last two week. My doctor told me that my result has been submit to CIC. I don't know what to do next. I am not sure what do you mean for " Wait for one month", what are you waiting for in that month? I plan to go to US border as well to get my work permit updated. Thank you in advance!!
It can take that long for the medical to be reviewed and updated in the system so that CBSA can see it.

Thronion Alb

Star Member
Jan 7, 2018
Your medicals have to be sent to CIC. And then, CIC put your data into the system, on your file.
If this didnt happened yet, at the border, officer cant see that, and cant make a decision for u.

Anna Ngac

Sep 5, 2019
Hello guys, I need your help for the same situation. I am on PGWP and I did not pay attention to the condition of "no authorised to work in health service field occupations". Now I just got accepted to a full time job at a medical center.
As I understand from your chat, I will need to do an upfront medical exam and then apply to change my work permit conditions.
My question is for my PGWP, I did the flag pole already, now for this new work permit, can I do the flag pole again? since I have not done any paper or online application for my work permit yet.

Thank you!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello guys, I need your help for the same situation. I am on PGWP and I did not pay attention to the condition of "no authorised to work in health service field occupations". Now I just got accepted to a full time job at a medical center.
As I understand from your chat, I will need to do an upfront medical exam and then apply to change my work permit conditions.
My question is for my PGWP, I did the flag pole already, now for this new work permit, can I do the flag pole again? since I have not done any paper or online application for my work permit yet.

Thank you!
Yes - you can flagpole again. You'll need to do the medical and then wait 2-3 weeks before you flagpole to give time for the medical to be processed.

Reactions: Anna Ngac

Anna Ngac

Sep 5, 2019
Yes - you can flagpole again. You'll need to do the medical and then wait 2-3 weeks before you flagpole to give time for the medical to be processed.
Thank you very much for your reply Scylla!
By the way, do you know any doctor in Mississauga or Brampton that have eMedical since I read it will be faster with eMedical than the paper result.
And as I am going to do the upfront medical exam, what can I do after the exam so that the IRCC can link the medical result with my application? because I plan to do the flag pole so I am not going to open any online or paper application?

judyYu

Apr 5, 2019
Hello guys!

I got my work permit (PGWP) and it has a remark that '1. NOT AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN CHILDCARE PRIMARY/SECONDARY SCHOOL TEACHING, HEALTH SERVICE FIELD OCCUPATIONS.'

Now my question is that i got a job in hospital as a Housekeeping supervisor and i was graduated from Hotel management program in Canada Can i work in hospital as a housekeeping supervisor or Do i need to change my work permit conditions?

Any suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks!
Hello guys!

I got my work permit (PGWP) and it has a remark that '1. NOT AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN CHILDCARE PRIMARY/SECONDARY SCHOOL TEACHING, HEALTH SERVICE FIELD OCCUPATIONS.'

Now my question is that i got a job in hospital as a Housekeeping supervisor and i was graduated from Hotel management program in Canada Can i work in hospital as a housekeeping supervisor or Do i need to change my work permit conditions?

Any suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks!
Hi

Thank you!
i did the flag pole again after 15 days I done the medical exam. They helped me removed the condition. Please remember to take your exam reference.

Anna Ngac

Sep 5, 2019
Hi

i did the flag pole again after 15 days I done the medical exam. They helped me removed the condition. Please remember to take your exam reference.
Hi Judy,
Could you please explain a little bit more about exam reference?
and what documents I need to bring to the border?

Your support is highly appreciated!

judyYu

Apr 5, 2019
Hi Judy,
Could you please explain a little bit more about exam reference?
and what documents I need to bring to the border?

Your support is highly appreciated!
hi,
The medical exam reference just a piece of paper that the clinic gave to you when you attended to the exam. It can prove that you have done the exam. I brought my work permit, passport and Canada visa and medical exam reference. Good luck!

Reactions: Anna Ngac

Anna Ngac

Sep 5, 2019
hi,
The medical exam reference just a piece of paper that the clinic gave to you when you attended to the exam. It can prove that you have done the exam. I brought my work permit, passport and Canada visa and medical exam reference. Good luck!
Thank you very much Judy!!!

Anna Ngac

Sep 5, 2019
Hi Anna. Do you have any updates in your situation? I have a similar situation.
I am still waiting for the result of my medical exams to be sent to CIC. It took me nearly a week to have an appointment for medical exams and now 12 days after the medical exam, the clinic has not sent the result to CIC yet :(

lholloway1989

Sep 23, 2019
Hi guys I am in a similar situation and work in the health field but only as an administrator,

will this cause a problem as I am not client facing?

and if it is not do anyone know if there is somewhere that has it written in writing?