+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit restriction in health care field occupation.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
No, we decided not to do that to avoid future visa rejections as we definitely plan to visit USA in future.
The US doesn't consider it a rejection and have stated that an admin refusal doesn't affect future apps or need to be declared.

riteshlakhani

Dec 18, 2018
The US doesn't consider it a rejection and have stated that an admin refusal doesn't affect future apps or need to be declared.
Wasn't sure about this hence we proceeded to change of condition, its been more than 2 months now, hopeful to receive updates in a month or so.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

wannable0804

Dec 12, 2020
Hi,
I am also in the same situation. I also have an open work permit with the same restriction. I wonder if I would be able to accept an offer as a medical office assistant (Moa) or should I get the restriction removed first. Thank you.

Estrellita Cose

Star Member
Dec 12, 2017
Hi,

has anyone here applied online to remove the condition "not authorize to work in healthcare services..." of the working permit? Could you tell me please how to start and what are those IMM to be filled in. I did my upfront medical already but doesn't know how to link it because i don't know how to start the application online.

As of this moment, flagpoling is not advisable i think due to covid.

Thank you and appreciate those who can reply and give clear advise.

0newmember0

Nov 1, 2020
Hi.... guys .................... where are the conditions written on the work permit?
I am going to work as a nurse here in Ontario ....I didn't apply for the medical while applying for pgwp application and recently my application was approved.
But i cannot see anything written specifically for health care restriction employment?

Anna Ngac

Sep 5, 2019
Hi.... guys .................... where are the conditions written on the work permit?
I am going to work as a nurse here in Ontario ....I didn't apply for the medical while applying for pgwp application and recently my application was approved.
But i cannot see anything written specifically for health care restriction employment?
check your work permit, the condition section is near the bottom of the permit.
"Conditions:
- NOT AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN CHILDCARE, PRIMARY/SECONDARY SCHOOL, HEALTH SERVICES FIELD OCCUPATIONS
- MUST LEAVE CANADA BY
-UNLESS AUTHORIZED, PROHIBITED FROM ATTENDING ANY EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTION...
- NOT VALID FOR EMPLOYMENT IN BUSINESS RELATED TO SEX TRADE..."

if there is no restriction in health services field occupations in your work permit, you are good to proceed with your job.

0newmember0

Nov 1, 2020
check your work permit, the condition section is near the bottom of the permit.
"Conditions:
- NOT AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN CHILDCARE, PRIMARY/SECONDARY SCHOOL, HEALTH SERVICES FIELD OCCUPATIONS
- MUST LEAVE CANADA BY
-UNLESS AUTHORIZED, PROHIBITED FROM ATTENDING ANY EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTION...
- NOT VALID FOR EMPLOYMENT IN BUSINESS RELATED TO SEX TRADE..."

if there is no restriction in health services field occupations in your work permit, you are good to proceed with your job.
Oh Thanks for your reply.

There is nothing mentioned under the conditions related to health care. Means i can work as a nurse even though i didn't go thru medical exam.
That's a relief>

Feb 11, 2021
Hi, I have an open work permit but I also have the condition: “Not Authorized to Work in Health Services Field Occupations”. I got a job as a dental receptionist. Am I restricted to work in that kind of job? Thanks for the reply.

Anna Ngac

Sep 5, 2019
Hi, I have an open work permit but I also have the condition: “Not Authorized to Work in Health Services Field Occupations”. I got a job as a dental receptionist. Am I restricted to work in that kind of job? Thanks for the reply.
I think no because as a receptionist, you dont have close/physical contacts to your patients.
To be safe, you can call IRCC to ask.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/requirements-temporary-residents.html

Jobs for which you need a medical exam
You may need a medical exam because of the type of job you want to do in Canada.

Examples of such jobs are:

1. Jobs that bring you into close contact with people, such as
    • workers in health-care settings
    • clinical laboratory workers
    • patient attendants in nursing and geriatric homes
    • medical students admitted to Canada to attend university
    • medical electives and physicians on short-term locums
    • workers in primary or secondary school settings, or workers in child-care settings
    • domestics
    • workers who give in-home care to children, the elderly and the disabled
    • day nursery employees and
    • other similar jobs
  2. Agricultural workers who’ve visited or lived in one of these countries for more than 6 months during the past year.

Glam

May 22, 2021
Others can comment but possible you can only change the conditions by having a medical given that would be one of the requirements to work on a work permit in a school or healthcare occupation.

Whether housekeeping in a hospital counts I could not answer but given you might or might not come into contact with patients it could be a restriction. As said I personally do not have an answer, but what does your employer say assuming they have asked to see your PGWP.

I was wondering, does this restriction mean I cannot work as a Medical office administrator? which is mostly scheduling appointments and informing the patients regarding their appointments and other administrative duties such as inventory, budget control , etc. ?

Bunny face

Jan 4, 2021
[QUOTE="Dolf Vermeulen,
To flagpole is to go to the border with US, pass into US border...tell to the US officer that u have to turn back because u have to apply for work permit. He gives u a refusal letter and guide u to the Canadian border. Once u are in the Canadian sode u tell the officer the reason u are there.

I dont know nothing about a holiday visa and how they procced upon your request.
As rule, u need the number of your medicals to make it easy.
I heard medicals are valid 1 year.
Anyway try. Even they dont accept your request, i dont think u have sth to loose.
Please i am the same issue what terminal should I go to in Pearson Airport