+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit restriction in health care field occupation.

Anna Ngac

Sep 5, 2019
Hi guys I am in a similar situation and work in the health field but only as an administrator,

will this cause a problem as I am not client facing?

and if it is not do anyone know if there is somewhere that has it written in writing?
You can call CIC to check if you need to do the medical exam.

Anna Ngac

Sep 5, 2019
Hi

i did the flag pole again after 15 days I done the medical exam. They helped me removed the condition. Please remember to take your exam reference.
Hello Judy,
Could you please share which port of entry you did the flagpole? I know a buddy who went to peace bridge yesterday but was refused. He said the officer there told him that they only do the new work permits. They dont do renewing or amending work permits.

riteshlakhani

Dec 18, 2018
Hello,
I am on a closed WP and my wife is on OWP. We got renewal of our WPs a week back and my wife did not go through a medical while renewing OWP. Now she has got same conditions. We just got her medical 2 days back. What are the options do you guys suggest for her? Please respond back as she was already on the job as Early Childhood Assistant and she may lose job because of this condition on her WP. Can she do a flagpole at US border? We are Indian citizens. Thanks in advance.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello,
I am on a closed WP and my wife is on OWP. We got renewal of our WPs a week back and my wife did not go through a medical while renewing OWP. Now she has got same conditions. We just got her medical 2 days back. What are the options do you guys suggest for her? Please respond back as she was already on the job as Early Childhood Assistant and she may lose job because of this condition on her WP. Can she do a flagpole at US border? We are Indian citizens. Thanks in advance.
It generally takes a few weeks for the medical to be approved in the system for CBSA to be able to see it. In the meantime, she cannot work with children.

riteshlakhani

Dec 18, 2018
It generally takes a few weeks for the medical to be approved in the system for CBSA to be able to see it. In the meantime, she cannot work with children.
Agree, she already stopped going to office and her employer is aware of it. Our TRV stamping on passport will anyway take 2 to 3 weeks as she got her OWP on the basis of my closed WP. Do you guys suggest flagpole after 3 weeks? Since I am on closed WP, I am not sure how my Company will react to idea of flagpole

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Agree, she already stopped going to office and her employer is aware of it. Our TRV stamping on passport will anyway take 2 to 3 weeks as she got her OWP on the basis of my closed WP. Do you guys suggest flagpole after 3 weeks? Since I am on closed WP, I am not sure how my Company will react to idea of flagpole
She can flagpole after a few weeks. She doesn't need a TRV to flagpole. I'm not sure why you are worried about your company, they have absolutely nothing to do with your spouse flagpoling for a new permit and won't even know about it.

riteshlakhani

Dec 18, 2018
She can flagpole after a few weeks. She doesn't need a TRV to flagpole. I'm not sure why you are worried about your company, they have absolutely nothing to do with your spouse flagpoling for a new permit and won't even know about it.
Thanks for your suggestion, however I doubt my wife will do flagpole alone, I may have to accompany her with my kids :(

riteshlakhani

Dec 18, 2018
Thanks for your suggestion, however I doubt my wife will do flagpole alone, I may have to accompany her with my kids :(
BTW, flagpole will be nothing but re-entering to Canada I believe, and IMO it needs valid stamping (TRV) in our case as we are neither on PR nor citizen of Canada.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
BTW, flagpole will be nothing but re-entering to Canada I believe, and IMO it needs valid stamping (TRV) in our case as we are neither on PR nor citizen of Canada.
You don't need a valid TRV if you go to the US and return to Canada.

Dec 18, 2019
I have a study visa that poses the same restriction. I just accepted a position as a receptionist at a yoga studio that also has massage therapist and acupuncturist renting space. Should I be concerned about a conflict?

Dec 18, 2019
Hi

1. No.
Thank You!

For future concerns. I am a Naturopathic Medical Student and will be interested in doing an Internship and/or Externship with a clinic in a couple of years. I am in the United States now for the holidays. Should I attempt to remove this restriction on my way back into Canada after the New Year?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks buddy we decided to go with change of condition as I did not want rejection at POE in USA as we did not have USA visa. Appreciate your response
US CBP would have just given you an administrative refusal and turned you back.