+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Rejected - I'm worried

GoldMajix

Jan 24, 2024
i do have a few questions

1) Would me leaving canada at port of exit within the airport inform them of my departure

2) would i be able to apply for a new work permit after i arrive back home? if so how long would i have to wait till i re apply for a whole new visa

3) cna i restore my status outside of canada if i plan on returning

GoldMajix

Jan 24, 2024
My apoligies for so many questions aswell, im nust new to the whole process and im rying to figure it out as the gov info isnt very clear what they mean by if i chose not to restore id have to leave immediatly

GoldMajix

Jan 24, 2024
im struggling to understand since im very new i came her on a open work permit/visa as a foreign worker, im womdering about how lomg i have to leave canada as my flight is in 12 days since my refusal letter for my Open Work Permit extension

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
im struggling to understand since im very new i came her on a open work permit/visa as a foreign worker, im womdering about how lomg i have to leave canada as my flight is in 12 days since my refusal letter for my Open Work Permit extension
You came as a temporary worker (You've never provide information on what kind of temporary work visa you were on). So when your work permit is expired, unless you have a legit base to extend it (something that the government annouced to allow workers to extend. some type of permit that allows extension), you cannot extend it.

The wordings of all these visa refusal always said you can "apply for restoration" or "re-apply visitor visa". But it doesn't mean that you will be approved.
Anyone can apply to restore or appy. But you need to have the bases for that approval.

So after you return to your home country, you can apply for open work permit again if you meet the requirement to apply for one. As long as you do not over stay and follow instruction to leave. I DO NOT know if there is any special procedure when you leave (like notify IRCC). Other members may know.

You cannot restore your status outside. Restoration is only use inside Canada.
But even inside, unless there is a base that you can restore, your restoration won't be grant. (e.g. you are waiting for approval of another visa/PR application)

GoldMajix

Jan 24, 2024
okay so it says if i choose not to restore id be akwd to leave immediatly... my big question is how long is "immediatly" because my flight is on the 30th and i got mt refusal letter on jan 18th where i was told as of Jan 18th my temporary residence was expired

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
okay so it says if i choose not to restore id be akwd to leave immediatly... my big question is how long is "immediatly" because my flight is on the 30th and i got mt refusal letter on jan 18th where i was told as of Jan 18th my temporary residence was expired
I think scylla replied that it's OK. I do not have as much experience with work permit.

Yes, that's fine.

Talab111

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
@GoldMajix Hey there
Can you please update us on what route did you approached?

track002

Star Member
Oct 16, 2023
@track002 Can you please update us on what route did you approached?
My employer had the PR only LMIA in process when my work permit expired. It came through positive and I applied for PR. Literally a draw happened today, which I fall under. Hopefully in next 6 months I'll be back in Canada. FYI: I left Canada before my 90 days, to restore my status was up.

Reactions: Talab111

Talab111

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
My employer had the PR only LMIA in process when my work permit expired. It came through positive and I applied for PR. Literally a draw happened today, which I fall under. Hopefully in next 6 months I'll be back in Canada. FYI: I left Canada before my 90 days, to restore my status was up.
Thanks for response. I have one of my friends who is a visitor and applied for open work permit and got refused which resulted his temporary resident permit to be expired. Can some one please advise if my friend can leave and re-enter Canada again?

Thanks