+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work-permit refused with PNP Tech Pilot.

AlexSBT

Star Member
Jul 29, 2019
Hey did your employer submit jib offer online after that ? How long it took . I’m in same situation please elaborate full process please.
More or less is what they wrote on the website:

If you applied to restore your temporary resident status as a worker with an employer-specific work permit
You may be eligible to apply for an authorization to work while you wait for your application to be processed if you
  • held a valid work permit in the 12 months before the date you submitted your application to restore your status as a worker, and
  • will work at the same employer and occupation that’s specified in the LMIA or LMIA-exempt offer of employment included in your work permit application
How to request consideration for an interim work authorization

Step 1: Fill out the IRCC web form

After you apply for an employer-specific work permit, fill out the IRCC Web form.
When you fill out the Your enquiry section, you must copy the text and paste it into the web form. Make sure you fill out the sections in square brackets, including the dates name(s) of employer(s) title of your job.

The only thing that I don't understand is what an "interim work authorization " is because i did that and in a couple of weeks i received what looks like a normal work permit (2 years employer-specific work permit).
So it's not something that I need to work until they'll process my application, they sent me directly a normal work permit. So that's it, there's no application to process now.
I'm not complaining obviously but it's not clear.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
More or less is what they wrote on the website:

If you applied to restore your temporary resident status as a worker with an employer-specific work permit
You may be eligible to apply for an authorization to work while you wait for your application to be processed if you
  • held a valid work permit in the 12 months before the date you submitted your application to restore your status as a worker, and
  • will work at the same employer and occupation that’s specified in the LMIA or LMIA-exempt offer of employment included in your work permit application
How to request consideration for an interim work authorization

Step 1: Fill out the IRCC web form

After you apply for an employer-specific work permit, fill out the IRCC Web form.
When you fill out the Your enquiry section, you must copy the text and paste it into the web form. Make sure you fill out the sections in square brackets, including the dates name(s) of employer(s) title of your job.

The only thing that I don't understand is what an "interim work authorization " is because i did that and in a couple of weeks i received what looks like a normal work permit (2 years employer-specific work permit).
So it's not something that I need to work until they'll process my application, they sent me directly a normal work permit. So that's it, there's no application to process now.
I'm not complaining obviously but it's not clear.
So basically after you sent webform you received work permit in 2 weeks ?

ricky16

Jul 24, 2014
HI Alex, i am exactly in the same situation as you were, i applied for my status restoration and lmia exempt work permit last week also i sent ircc form for work authorization. i am hoping to get work permit this week. can you please share your timeline of applying and receiving the work authorization? i would really appreciate that.

AlexSBT

Star Member
Jul 29, 2019
HI Alex, i am exactly in the same situation as you were, i applied for my status restoration and lmia exempt work permit last week also i sent ircc form for work authorization. i am hoping to get work permit this week. can you please share your timeline of applying and receiving the work authorization? i would really appreciate that.
No problem.
I submitted everything October 10 and they accepted the application on October 21. Only 11 days.