+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Processing Times 2023

sham0786

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
At least your eligibility review has started. I'm stuck at background check since September 2022. I recently received my GCMS notes and there is totally nothing from the notes. My application was last updated on 30th November 2022 according to the notes.
Other than that there is no useful information at all. I don't know whats happening coz they are not responding to webforms too
Where you applied from

Afterglow

Star Member
May 21, 2023
@legalfalcon Thank you for the brief reply. I understand it much better now. About my application eligibility, medical and biometrics are completed on tracker just BGC is showing In progress since 25th Feb... by your explanation looks like I may expect some delays then since security clearance is still under progress. Just FYI, my application is Work permit though not PR and it falls under Singapore visa office. My fingers are crossed for no delays.. let's see how it goes.
May I just ask when did your Eligibility started and when was it completed?

toxicmalikoff

Jun 1, 2023
Guys, I got notification from VFS this morning that my decision letter is dispatched from IRCC to VAC. Basically stamped passport is being couriered to me.
did the letter say that it is dispatched to VAC or to the Embassy?
Yes, it on way. I received an email today morning.
Submitted to VFS DUBAI: 11-May-23
Received to IRCC: 15-May-23
Processed and dispatched: 5-May-23
Same question to you
I've received a letter tomorrow morning (21 days passed) that my passport is dispatched from IRCC office to the Embassy of Canada and I am a bit confused

Shoazim

Jun 1, 2023
did the letter say that it is dispatched to VAC or to the Embassy?

Same question to you
I've received a letter tomorrow morning (21 days passed) that my passport is dispatched from IRCC office to the Embassy of Canada and I am a bit confused
Patience is the key. You will get around 4 email. :)
Letter mean email right?
In my case Last email inform that decision package is dispatched to you through courier service.

toxicmalikoff

Jun 1, 2023
Patience is the key. You will get around 4 email. :)
Letter mean email right?
In my case Last email inform that decision package is dispatched to you through courier service.
yep i mean email of course :)
Could you share what were those messages about, other then "dispatiched from IRCC" and "dispatiched to you throuth courier"?

super_rainbow

May 4, 2023
Hello
I applied in October after waiting 2 months for my job to get approved.processing time was 18 weeks and everytime I get to it, it goes up its now 51 weeks. I havent heard a single thing yet what do I do? is it really gonna take a year?

Submitted Inside or Outside Canada: Outside (Iran)
Work Permit Extension or New: New Work Permit (LMIA Exempt - GSS)
Biometrics: 22 Oct 2022
Processing time is now 31weeks and I'm on 39th week! They are not answering my webforms either? what do I do here?

stevogooner

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
Kuwait
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Processing time is now 31weeks and I'm on 39th week! They are not answering my webforms either? what do I do here?
We're on the same boat. When I applied, the processing time was 10 weeks. Upto the 2nd week of May, the processing time was 8 weeks, then all over sudden it shot to 48 weeks then later reduced to 43 weeks. They are not responding to webforms too. I applied for GCMS notes and they show that the last time my application was updated is 30th November 2022 and only Criminality-Bio has passed. I keep getting ghost updates on my tracker but the status remains the same.

Last edited:

Patel2431990

Dec 25, 2018
Hi,
I applied my LMIA Based work permit on 30th Apr 2023 (from India).
Biomatric was previously done in 2021.
Got medical request on 31st of May 2023.
Medical done on the very next day 1st June 2023
Anyone got any idea What is next?
Thanks

Last edited:

minkiverma

Apr 28, 2023
My company applied the ICT wp (LMIA exempt ) from mumbai India for me and for my husband dependent visa.

Application submitted - 19 Jan 2023
Bio metric request - 24 Jan 2023
Bio metric complete -31st Jan 2023
Did Medical(upfront)
Ppr-⁉⁉⁉⁉⁉

Latest update by my company in mid of may

My file status

It's been 4 months completed didn't get anything further about my passport request any idea about it?

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hi,
I applied my LMIA Based work permit on 30th Apr 2023 (from India).
Biomatric was previously done in 2021.
Got medical request on 31st of May 2023.
Medical done on the very next day 1st June 2023
Anyone got any idea What is next?
Thanks
Wait for medical to pass

Eligibility & back ground checks can take weeks to months

Just have to wait

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
My company applied the ICT wp (LMIA exempt ) from mumbai India for me and for my husband dependent visa.

Application submitted - 19 Jan 2023
Bio metric request - 24 Jan 2023
Bio metric complete -31st Jan 2023
Did Medical(upfront)
Ppr-⁉⁉⁉⁉⁉

Latest update by my company in mid of may

My file status

It's been 4 months completed didn't get anything further about my passport request any idea about it?
The visa officer needs to assess your application and decide whether to approve or not. Passport requests are not guaranteed in every application

Every application has its own complexity and during processing if visa officer needs anything more they will send you an additional document request

You have to wait for a final outcome on your submission.

Good Luck

Afterglow

Star Member
May 21, 2023
mine was applied on March/5/2023 WP based on PNP they updated biometric and till date no further updates
[/QUOTE]

Hi! our submission dates were close and also WP based on SINP.

10 March - application submitted and Background verification started
20 March - ADR and ADR submitted (WP and Bio payment)
21 March - BIL
23 March - Biometrics completed and upfront medical
1 April - Sent medical results to IRCC
5 April - Medical completed
13 April - Review of Eligibility started
Just waiting for PPR now.

Any movement in your application? Where r u applying from?