+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Processing Times 2023

trkm93

Jun 28, 2022
Hi I raised webform and gave my email address. I did receive autoresponse email from IRCC. Lets see.

Meanwhile I called IRCC yday and spoke to them about the biometric not being updated yet. They said it will happen and I have to wait...
and I tried again calling to IRCC strangely call is not getting through.

priyapkai

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019
and I tried again calling to IRCC strangely call is not getting through.
When you say its not getting through, do you mean that it doesn't connect at all? that you don't even hear the IVR messages?

Bcos for me, I hear the IVR status messages and then at the end, it cuts off saying too many calls etc. I had to try a few times to get through.

Perhaps you need to try calling with some VPN calling app?

trkm93

Jun 28, 2022
When you say its not getting through, do you mean that it doesn't connect at all? that you don't even hear the IVR messages?

Bcos for me, I hear the IVR status messages and then at the end, it cuts off saying too many calls etc. I had to try a few times to get through.

Perhapd you need to try calling with some VPN calling app?
yeah by not getting through I meant it says number is not correct or doesn't exit.
however via calling app I get to IVR status messages and then it hangs up the call saying too many calls and couldn't transfer. same like you.

priyapkai

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019
Hi,
Below is my case timelines.
LMIA approved, GSS Category.
Application submission - 03/03/2023
Medical request - 16/03/2023
After that no updates.
I contacted my lawyer and informed them to check my application status. However, they cannot access their account because it is blocked. They have raised several web forms as well and sent multiple messages to Indian visa center and waiting for the feedback. As per the lawyer, they received several messages regards to my case but cannot open it. I am waiting for my PPR.
This is strange. why is the lawyer account blocked?? Application submitted on 3 March only, why would they send multiple messages and webforms when it hasn't passed the processing time??

trkm93

Jun 28, 2022
I have received PPR yesterday.
Below is timelines -
LMIA approved, GSS catagory
Upfront medical,
Application submission - 30-03-23,
Biometric -06/04/2023,
PPR - 2/05/2023,
can you share your statuses from tracker or gc key if there are any changes to eligibility or background status or that stays the same?

priyapkai

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019
yeah by not getting through I meant it says number is not correct or doesn't exit.
however via calling app I get to IVR status messages and then it hangs up the call saying too many calls and couldn't transfer. same like you.
You have to keep calling to get through. Best to call sharp at 8am EST or between 3 to 4pm EST. Both times I called was around 3pm EST.

anshu0587

Apr 17, 2023
can you share your statuses from tracker or gc key if there are any changes to eligibility or background status or that stays the same?
Yes it is from India. I don't have GC key account or tracker access as my application was filed by company lawyer. They just sent me PPR letter.

Abbylove

Mar 17, 2023
Hi All,

We have submitted Work Permit application on 14th Feb 2023 and received correspondence on 14th Feb 2023 for Biometrics. Submitted Biometrics on 20th Feb2023.
Can anyone advise on the timelines when we can expect Medicals. Thanks in advance.

Cheers
DS
i personally applied in August 2022 did my biometrics same month and also went and did my Medicals in October 2022, i got my results and kept them and on 26th April 2023, received an update on my application to submit my medical results and i had 1 week to do so, i advise you go and do your medicals now to avoid details.

Nig92

May 2, 2023
This is strange. why is the lawyer account blocked?? Application submitted on 3 March only, why would they send multiple messages and webforms when it hasn't passed the processing time??
Hello,
Processing time outside of Canada is 8 weeks and they received some messages on account and as per the lawyer, it is PPR, but I don’t know, why they cannot access their portal and check the status and I cannot track my application too as they have registered their email id.

Destination1

Apr 23, 2022
Hello,
Processing time outside of Canada is 8 weeks and they received some messages on account and as per the lawyer, it is PPR, but I don’t know, why they cannot access their portal and check the status and I cannot track my application too as they have registered their email id.
So funny that lawyer can’t check status or messages, better to call IRCC to check the status if you unable to login your account.

priyapkai

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019
Hello,
Exactly, processing time is 8 weeks. It just crossed that and why would they send multiple webforms and messages????

Call IRCC and they will change the address to your email address and tell you what the issue is? When I called, the agent asked if he should change the address and email to my numbers. I declined bcos I didnt want to interfere with the process. But in your case, you can if they lawyer is unable to.

Also they can tell you what the status is or if they is any issue etc.

Nig92

May 2, 2023
Exactly, processing time is 8 weeks. It just crossed that and why would they send multiple webforms and messages????

Call IRCC and they will change the address to your email address and tell you what the issue is? When I called, the agent asked if he should change the address and email to my numbers. I declined bcos I didnt want to interfere with the process. But in your case, you can if they lawyer is unable to.

Also they can tell you what the status is or if they is any issue etc.
Thank you for your response.
The Lawyer has raised webform because they received some updates in my case and not in a position to open it because of their portal issue. Even, I also don't want to change my address to my id.
I will try to track my application through application tracker but, to create an account, I need a passcode and registered email id is my lawyer id. So, I requested her to share the passcode but not sure she can share it with me or not.
And I will try to call IRCC to get an update for my case.

Reactions: priyapkai

priyapkai

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019
I got PPR today!

Application submitted on: 29 March 2023
Submitted Inside or Outside Canada: Outside (UAE)
Work Permit Extension or New: New Work Permit (LMIA Exempt - GSS)
Biometrics: 03 Apr 2023
Visa Office : Edmonton
PPR : 3 May 2023
Got an answer: Approved

Mine was LMIA Exempt TEER 0 work permit which falls under GSS fast processing.

Reactions: anshu0587 and Nig92