+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit inside canada

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Because I can not leave Canada without a valid permit. My previous WP expired in July 2023 and I have no idea when my PR card will arrive.
If you applied for a PR Card then you are PR. You are not eligible for a WP. If you want to leave, then having a WP doesn’t allow entry anyways. You need a PRTD to re-enter Canada if you don’t have PR card.

LSilva

Dec 11, 2023
If you applied for a PR Card then you are PR. You cannot get a WP. If you want to leave, then having a WP doesn’t allow entry anyways. You need a PRTD to re-enter Canada if you don’t have PR card.
I have not applied for PR card. I just received my COPR number, but have not received my Portal 1 yet. In that case, if my work permit had already been approved, I'd be able to leave Canada. My ECOPR has not yet been generated. These are different things.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have not applied for PR card. I just received my COPR number, but have not received my Portal 1 yet. In that case, if my work permit had already been approved, I'd be able to leave Canada. My ECOPR has not yet been generated. These are different things.
But what does having a WP approved have to do about you leaving Canada? You can leave without a WP. A WP doesn’t allow entry to Canada. I don’t think IRCC is not going to approve a WP if you COPR number.

LSilva

Dec 11, 2023
But what does having a WP approved have to do about you leaving Canada? You can leave without a WP. A WP doesn’t allow entry to Canada. I don’t think IRCC is not going to approve a WP if you COPR number.
I know that a WP does not allow me to enter Canada, but my ETA does. But if I don't have a valid Work Permit, when I return, I won't be allowed to return to my job.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I know that a WP does not allow me to enter Canada, but my ETA does. But if I don't have a valid Work Permit, when I return, I won't be allowed to return to my job.
But I don’t think IRCC is going to process your WP because you have COPR number. You are approved for PR so no need for WP.

canadaasp1

Star Member
Aug 26, 2021
I also got final decision in February but still haven’t received official letter. Which application have you applied for?
Main applicant ICT WP extension, spuse SOWP extension and student permit for kid. Just now, we could see the document no: also added in the account and shows as valid

Anushaja

Feb 1, 2024
Main applicant ICT WP extension, spuse SOWP extension and student permit for kid. Just now, we could see the document no: also added in the account and shows as valid
That’s great! Where can you see the number? On the account page? I will check mine as well