+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit inside canada

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
Hi guys,
Is anyone still waiting for spouse open work permit inside Canada? We applied middle of July 2023. Still eligibility has not started. Background check in progress. Thanks.

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
What does it say when u call them? For us eligibility has not started. No need anything… we are processing your background check.

Yours also new application?

canadaasp1

Star Member
Aug 26, 2021
Have you tried to contact them?
No... Thought like will wait it out.... One of our friend who submitted in June beginning got his decision on November beginning. There are even cases in this forum where mid June applicants got the decision only in end November. Seeing the timelines I expect anything to happen only by January beginning

Reactions: canuck78

approvalplease

Star Member
Jun 20, 2023
I tried contacting them, they said they will send a message to the office. Do you have the link to the forum where you are seeing that data?

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
No... Thought like will wait it out.... One of our friend who submitted in June beginning got his decision on November beginning. There are even cases in this forum where mid June applicants got the decision only in end November. Seeing the timelines I expect anything to happen only by January beginning
It will be 5 months next week for us:( I’ll let you know guys if we get a decision.

Reactions: canadaasp1

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
I tried contacting them, they said they will send a message to the office. Do you have the link to the forum where you are seeing that data?
We called and agent left a note for officer. Also our lawyer sent a webform more than a week ago. Nothing. We just call them and listen or talk to the agent for information about the application.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If people are experiencing the same processing timeframe as others there is no point in contacting IRCC. You will just be told to be patient. If your application is taking substantially longer than others applying for the same Visa/permit ( many months longer) then I would contact IRCC, your MP, etc. You can always find a few people on this forum who have applied for the same visa/permit from the same location so you can compare processing times.

Reactions: AlyOfficial13