+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

work permit from USA (ICT)

shalzz

Jun 4, 2015
Congratulations !

Is the timeline normally calculated from the date of filing or the biometrics date ?

Ours was filed(by my husband's company attorneys) on July 28th - but our biometrics was only on Aug 23rd as that was the first available appointment in Texas. Very anxious about when we will get it.
Thank you !
Time is calculate from biometrics date. According the forums I read and dates people got their approvals on, you should have it before 17th. Good luck, I hope you get it soon

Sachnam123

Sep 8, 2021
Thank you !
Time is calculate from biometrics date. According the forums I read and dates people got their approvals on, you should have it before 17th. Good luck, I hope you get it soon
I hope that happens but based on that I should have received some update by 13th September or before as my biometric was done on 18th August but I haven’t heard anything .. so not sure if those timelines are really very reliable .. though I hope I get the approval this week.

shalzz

Jun 4, 2015
I hope that happens but based on that I should have received some update by 13th September or before as my biometric was done on 18th August but I haven’t heard anything .. so not sure if those timelines are really very reliable .. though I hope I get the approval this week.
Yes, you are right. I am sure the bank holiday delayed applications by few days but I agree with you the dates are not very reliable. Folks have been waiting since July too with similar applications. I hope you get it soon

prsk2008

Sep 13, 2021
The time is calculated after the biometric only. My application was filed on 28th July but biometric was done on 18th August and I am still waiting on some update .. so I guess now a days it is taking longer than 3 weeks for sure .
Thank you so much for responding !!
Just one more clarification if you dont mind, when you said 3 weeks - is that for GSS (fast track) application or Normal ?
I read the timeline as 7 weeks on the IRCC website, and so wondering if it is 7-8 weeks after biometrics or 3-4 weeks after biometrics !
Thanks so much for your help !! Really really appreciate it !!
Hoping we all get it sooner than later !

prsk2008

Sep 13, 2021
Thank you !
Thank you for the response !! Really appreciate it ! Hope your prediction comes true !!
Is the calculation based on GSS , or non GSS ? Ours is LMIA exempt - and actually GSS eligible - but we dont know if our lawyers did the GSS option. Will check with them tomorrow !

On the IRCC website, for GSS option it says applications from May 16 to 22nd are being processed - so not sure how accurate these timelines are !
And on the general website, it says processing time 6 weeks for all WorkPermits processed from USA.
Very confusing for people like us who are anxiously waiting !!
Thanks to such forums for being supportive !

shalzz

Jun 4, 2015
Thank you for the response !! Really appreciate it ! Hope your prediction comes true !!
Is the calculation based on GSS , or non GSS ? Ours is LMIA exempt - and actually GSS eligible - but we dont know if our lawyers did the GSS option. Will check with them tomorrow !

On the IRCC website, for GSS option it says applications from May 16 to 22nd are being processed - so not sure how accurate these timelines are !
And on the general website, it says processing time 6 weeks for all WorkPermits processed from USA.
Very confusing for people like us who are anxiously waiting !!
Thanks to such forums for being supportive !
You are welcome!!
Those timelines are so confusing. I checked that page 100 times a day and it gives you stress lol. When we applied website said general 8 weeks and processing dates were May 1- May 8th. I guess it means they are finalising all applications from that timeframe.
Our was GSS - LMIA exempt and if you are eligible for it, lawyers would have definitely applied it that way.
Good luck, i hope you get it soon :)

guhab

Sep 3, 2021
My work permit got approved !!
CWP and SOWP non ICT
July 23rd Application
Aug 12th Biometrics
Sep 9th PPR

All the best everyone , keep sharing timeline it really helps.
Have you received the shipping labels? I asked for the payment link on Friday afternoon, got the payment link on Monday evening, paid right then but did not receive the labels yet! They say that it might take upto 72 hours but that’s too long to print some shipping labels! God knows how long they will need to send back the stamped passports!

reya2021

Sep 9, 2021
Hi, did you hear anything?

Sachnam123

Sep 8, 2021
Have you received the shipping labels? I asked for the payment link on Friday afternoon, got the payment link on Monday evening, paid right then but did not receive the labels yet! They say that it might take upto 72 hours but that’s too long to print some shipping labels! God knows how long they will need to send back the stamped passports!
Are you in US ? Did you send your passports? Was it individual or family , can we connect over phone ?

guhab

Sep 3, 2021
Are you in US ? Did you send your passports? Was it individual or family , can we connect over phone ?
Yes I am in the US and applying for my closed work permit and spouse open work permit. I sent the passports. You will recieve separate payment links for each family member. You will need to send individual’s passports with required documents in different envelopes. This is crazy! I feel like vfs doing this to earn extra but that’s the rule!

Sachnam123

Sep 8, 2021
Yes I am in the US and applying for my closed work permit and spouse open work permit. I sent the passports. You will recieve separate payment links for each family member. You will need to send individual’s passports with required documents in different envelopes. This is crazy! I feel like vfs doing this to earn extra but that’s the rule!
Did you attach your PPR when you sent the email for payment link to VFS ? Did you sent to NY VAC or LA ? I actually sent the email with 3 applicants attached as an excel sheet downloaded from VFS website but I didn’t attach our PPRs