+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit expired/No CEC invitation

vignesh93

Jan 2, 2019
Thank you for your reply. I have applied for an extension of work permit, however, I indicated that I got an invitation to apply for PR. Because when I clicked in the first questionnaire that I don’t have the invitation, it was showing that I am not eligible for any work permits. In the explanation letter I mentioned that I actually don’t have an invitation and I am just waiting for a draw. Do you think it’s going to work?
I just did the same. Let me know if you get some response. Keep in touch.

AMP20

Star Member
Sep 9, 2020
Hi Guys,
I am going to be in a similar position. My PGWP expires 30th June but I complete 1 year of work experience 9th May and my CRS score will be 511.
Do you think I should apply for an extension now or wait? Also can you share what you/your friend submitted to IRCC for extension?

Faraaz_kHAN

Jan 4, 2022
hey, you can apply for 1 more year wp. IRCC is giving out 1 year wp to everyone who is asking. Just send an application and tell them due to no draws you are losing status and cant work. They will give a work permit for 1 year. All the best and dont forget to thank me when you get it approved.
Is this for open work permit holders or LMIA specific and if it is for open work permit holders, can you share the IRCC link

Ryucnd

Star Member
Jan 21, 2022
Cornwall
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Is this for open work permit holders or LMIA specific and if it is for open work permit holders, can you share the IRCC link
hey, don’t do this. This is not recommended unless there’s a policy.

PGWPs are not extendable, except if the applicant got a PGWP for less time then what they were supposed to, due to the expiry of their passport.

So, unless you meet that 1 exception, then your application to extend your PGWP will be refused.
Humanitarian & compassionate grounds only apply to PR applications, not temporary residence applications. So no, pleading with IRCC to grant you another PGWP, when you're not eligible to get another one, it will not work.

You'd get a refusal letter, become out of status and complicate the situation for yourself, and having to declare that refusal on any future application.

Don't apply for something you're not eligible for.

singhno

Jan 12, 2022
hey, don’t do this. This is not recommended unless there’s a policy.

PGWPs are not extendable, except if the applicant got a PGWP for less time then what they were supposed to, due to the expiry of their passport.

So, unless you meet that 1 exception, then your application to extend your PGWP will be refused.
Humanitarian & compassionate grounds only apply to PR applications, not temporary residence applications. So no, pleading with IRCC to grant you another PGWP, when you're not eligible to get another one, it will not work.

You'd get a refusal letter, become out of status and complicate the situation for yourself, and having to declare that refusal on any future application.

Don't apply for something you're not eligible for.
SO my friends have all got 1 yr work pemrit for your kind information. If you go out of status, you restore it.

Ryucnd

Star Member
Jan 21, 2022
Cornwall
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
SO my friends have all got 1 yr work pemrit for your kind information. If you go out of status, you restore it.
There’s no policy right now to apply. You’re just saying that they got it. Have you applied or checked their applications? Rejection can screw you up. Also, just applying for extension doesn’t mean we can work, we need to send web form for authorization and then when IRCC confirms, we need to start working. But, anyways, you do you. If there’s no policy, no work permit.

singhno

Jan 12, 2022
There’s no policy right now to apply. You’re just saying that they got it. Have you applied or checked their applications? Rejection can screw you up. Also, just applying for extension doesn’t mean we can work, we need to send web form for authorization and then when IRCC confirms, we need to start working. But, anyways, you do you. If there’s no policy, no work permit.
How will the rejection secrew you? One can always restore his status. I helped in filing their app. IRCC is extending it for anyone who is asking. He mentioned that due to no draws he cant work and will be out of status soon.

Ryucnd

Star Member
Jan 21, 2022
Cornwall
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
How will the rejection secrew you? One can always restore his status. I helped in filing their app. IRCC is extending it for anyone who is asking. He mentioned that due to no draws he cant work and will be out of status soon.
AFAIK, once rejected you cannot restore your status. You need to leave the country. Correct me if I am wrong.