+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit expired/No CEC invitation

Sashaaaa

Jan 19, 2022
Hi there, my work permit has expired on December 17th and as you know there is no CEC draws happening since September 14th. My score is 476. Is there anything I can do? Or just patiently wait for an invitation?

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Hi there, my work permit has expired on December 17th and as you know there is no CEC draws happening since September 14th. My score is 476. Is there anything I can do? Or just patiently wait for an invitation?
PNP?

singhno

Jan 12, 2022
hey, you can apply for 1 more year wp. IRCC is giving out 1 year wp to everyone who is asking. Just send an application and tell them due to no draws you are losing status and cant work. They will give a work permit for 1 year. All the best and dont forget to thank me when you get it approved.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
As said above, you can look into the PNP programs.

Also, if you are still in Canada, there's no requirement for you to remain here in order to apply under CEC. You can return to your home country and work from there while you wait to hopefully get ITA.

The other option, if you want to work, is to secure a job offer from an employer in Canada along with an approved LMIA so that you can apply for a closed work permit.

singhno

Jan 12, 2022
As said above, you can look into the PNP programs.

Also, if you are still in Canada, there's no requirement for you to remain here in order to apply under CEC. You can return to your home country and work from there while you wait to hopefully get ITA.

The other option, if you want to work, is to secure a job offer from an employer in Canada along with an approved LMIA so that you can apply for a closed work permit.
Hey @scylla, IRCC is giving wp to everyone who is asking. Most of friends in canada have been approved for 1 more year till 2023 feb.

Sashaaaa

Jan 19, 2022
Hey @scylla, IRCC is giving wp to everyone who is asking. Most of friends in canada have been approved for 1 more year till 2023 feb.
Thank you for your reply. I have applied for an extension of work permit, however, I indicated that I got an invitation to apply for PR. Because when I clicked in the first questionnaire that I don’t have the invitation, it was showing that I am not eligible for any work permits. In the explanation letter I mentioned that I actually don’t have an invitation and I am just waiting for a draw. Do you think it’s going to work?

singhno

Jan 12, 2022
Thank you for your reply. I have applied for an extension of work permit, however, I indicated that I got an invitation to apply for PR. Because when I clicked in the first questionnaire that I don’t have the invitation, it was showing that I am not eligible for any work permits. In the explanation letter I mentioned that I actually don’t have an invitation and I am just waiting for a draw. Do you think it’s going to work?
absolutely. Dont worry at all