Star Member
Jan 21, 2022
Cornwall
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
restore to what status? an expired pgwp is not valid anymore. stop lying to people.
Can we extend our status as Visitor (Visitor record) after our WP extension application is refused? I am on dual- mind regarding this. I was under the assumption that once an application is refused, we need to leave the country immediately.

amairena95

Apr 19, 2017
Can we extend our status as Visitor (Visitor record) after our WP extension application is refused? I am on dual- mind regarding this. I was under the assumption that once an application is refused, we need to leave the country immediately.
Yes people can try to restore status. However, what the other poster was suggesting was to restore to an expired status that cannot be extended, so the restorations would keep getting rejected. at one point, you'd get a removal letter.

It is usually best to just change to visitor status for a while, waiting for the next CEC draw.

Or -- apply for a work permit extension (which will be refused) AND a visitor status (at the same time), so you can technically keep working for a bit extra longer while waiting for the work permit refusal, and youll have visitor status eventually. BUT you will have a WP refusal on your record.

Ryucnd

Star Member
Jan 21, 2022
Cornwall
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Yes people can try to restore status. However, what the other poster was suggesting was to restore to an expired status that cannot be extended, so the restorations would keep getting rejected. at one point, you'd get a removal letter.

It is usually best to just change to visitor status for a while, waiting for the next CEC draw.

Or -- apply for a work permit extension (which will be refused) AND a visitor status (at the same time), so you can technically keep working for a bit extra longer while waiting for the work permit refusal, and youll have visitor status eventually. BUT you will have a WP refusal on your record.
That's what I thought too. Thank you for confirming.

Also, why are people suddenly squirming about IRCC extending PGWP's for 1 year due to lack of draws? Why is misinformation being spread like this?

BUT you will have a WP refusal on your record.
How bad is this in terms of future applications?

amairena95

Apr 19, 2017
That's what I thought too. Thank you for confirming.

Also, why are people suddenly squirming about IRCC extending PGWP's for 1 year due to lack of draws? Why is misinformation being spread like this?

How bad is this in terms of future applications?
because they likely know someone that has some immigration consultancy to then 'help' you with your troubles by charging money.

Refusals are not the end of the world, you have to always declare them. If youre applying for PR then it doesnt matter much (they do make your app much longer).
For temporary statuses, it kinda gives the view that youre trying to stay no matter what.

Ryucnd

Star Member
Jan 21, 2022
Cornwall
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
because they likely know someone that has some immigration consultancy to then 'help' you with your troubles by charging money.

Refusals are not the end of the world, you have to always declare them. If youre applying for PR then it doesnt matter much (they do make your app much longer).
For temporary statuses, it kinda gives the view that youre trying to stay no matter what.
That makes sense. Thanks for your response! Cheers! :)

Pjay26

Jan 22, 2022
Hi I'm in the pool as well with no ITA. My PGWP is expiring in May 2022, should i apply for a open work permit to remain as a worker? as there are no CEC draws..

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
How are you so sure that it will work? Just curious? Do you have any proof?
restore to what status? an expired pgwp is not valid anymore. stop lying to people.
You can restore status, provided you are eligible for one and still in restoration window or under some active public policy. That being said, you CANNOT restore status to a different kind. A worker can restore to a worker, a visitor to visitor and a student to student only.

Source : https://www.5simmi.ca/everything-you-need-to-know-about-restoration-of-status/ . Canada's website is down right now.

Ryucnd

Star Member
Jan 21, 2022
Cornwall
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
You can restore status, provided you are eligible for one and still in restoration window or under some active public policy. That being said, you CANNOT restore status to a different kind. A worker can restore to a worker, a visitor to visitor and a student to student only.

Source : https://www.5simmi.ca/everything-you-need-to-know-about-restoration-of-status/ . Canada's website is down right now.
So, whatever the guy said has some truth, then? Like can we extend our PGWP even without ITA and if IRCC considers it will grant a 1 year extension (due to no draws , continuing work etc) and if it rejected, we can still stay without having to leave, right?