Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
So, whatever the guy said has some truth, then? Like can we extend our PGWP even without ITA and if IRCC considers it will grant a 1 year extension (due to no draws , continuing work etc) and if it rejected, we can still stay without having to leave, right?
What I said was about general restoration process. is IRCC giving 1 year WP for all those who are asking? I have not heard of such thing. You only get a WP if you are ELIGIBLE for one. Restoration is a simple grace period if you end up with an expired status.

That being said, any one with an expired permit should immediately contact a proper registered immigration consultant or a lawyer because restoration can be a tricky situation and consequences are dire.

powerssdd

Aug 4, 2019
Is there any conclusion of this debate?
Can we extend PGWP or not?

I have not seen any related new policy regarding PGWP either. Sounds fake.

Faraaz_kHAN

Jan 4, 2022
So what do the ppl do who have good scores and have been sitting in the pool for months with permit expirations coming up?Just leave?

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
So what do the ppl do who have good scores and have been sitting in the pool for months with permit expirations coming up?Just leave?
Seek PNP immediately

You get:

1. PR App
2. Closed work permit
3. BOWP when you app is filed.

Ryucnd

Star Member
Jan 21, 2022
Cornwall
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Seek PNP immediately

You get:

1. PR App
2. Closed work permit
3. BOWP when you app is filed.
How easy is taking this route? Can you kindly help me in starting the process? I’m completely overwhelmed right now. Do I seek out employers who are offering a job on my NOC!? Do I seek out provinces that offer PR without any job offer? Which provinces are preferable for someone who has done a 1 year program in Ontario and I have 3+1 (foreign +Canadian) experience in 2173 NOC ! Sorry for dumping you with questions !

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
How easy is taking this route? Can you kindly help me in starting the process? I’m completely overwhelmed right now. Do I seek out employers who are offering a job on my NOC!? Do I seek out provinces that offer PR without any job offer? Which provinces are preferable for someone who has done a 1 year program in Ontario and I have 3+1 (foreign +Canadian) experience in 2173 NOC ! Sorry for dumping you with questions !
To help you properly, it will need someone to sit with you and understand what your profile is completely, what can and can not fit it and what will work with you and what will not. I have never done PNP myself. I know only few options available in BC for PNP and some idea of process here in BC. Each province has its own PNP process and its own PNP requirements. Then there are some pilot programs too. Like BC has something called Tech Pilot. If you are overwhelmed then I think you need an expert advice and seeking a professional's advice will be a good starting point.

The most popular Provinces are typically Ontario, BC and Alberta. BC has PNP open to international post graduates in very specific fields (who have done masters or Phd from BC), which requires no job offer.

Lastly there is processing time fir PNP itself.

So you see, there are many details in this business. I do not know most of them because I never needed for myself.

Reactions: Ryucnd

Ryucnd

Star Member
Jan 21, 2022
Cornwall
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
To help you properly, it will need someone to sit with you and understand what your profile is completely, what can and can not fit it and what will work with you and what will not. I have never done PNP myself. I know only few options available in BC for PNP and some idea of process here in BC. Each province has its own PNP process and its own PNP requirements. Then there are some pilot programs too. Like BC has something called Tech Pilot. If you are overwhelmed then I think you need an expert advice and seeking a professional's advice will be a good starting point.

The most popular Provinces are typically Ontario, BC and Alberta. BC has PNP open to international post graduates in very specific fields (who have done masters or Phd from BC), which requires no job offer.

Lastly there is processing time fir PNP itself.

So you see, there are many details in this business. I do not know most of them because I never needed for myself.
That makes sense, thanks. I will do it!

radhika98

Star Member
May 3, 2017
Thank you for your reply. I have applied for an extension of work permit, however, I indicated that I got an invitation to apply for PR. Because when I clicked in the first questionnaire that I don’t have the invitation, it was showing that I am not eligible for any work permits. In the explanation letter I mentioned that I actually don’t have an invitation and I am just waiting for a draw. Do you think it’s going to work?
Hi, what is the process to apply for an extension in a work permit? Could you please share the link and some details? It will be very helpful for me. Thank you

Fabiog

Mar 22, 2017
Hi, what is the process to apply for an extension in a work permit? Could you please share the link and some details? It will be very helpful for me. Thank you
There is currently no official work permit extension. What one of the members wrote was to try extend and explain that since there are no new draws you would like a work permit extension.
This will be refused or if you are very very very very very very x100 lucky the officer grants you a permit.
Rather look into pnp or LMIA.

Faraaz_kHAN

Jan 4, 2022
Hi there, my work permit has expired on December 17th and as you know there is no CEC draws happening since September 14th. My score is 476. Is there anything I can do? Or just patiently wait for an invitation?
Hey, so what did u end up doing? Are u still able to work in Canada?

amairena95

Apr 19, 2017
Is there any conclusion of this debate?
Can we extend PGWP or not?

I have not seen any related new policy regarding PGWP either. Sounds fake.
No you cannot (unless it was initially given for shorter length due to passport). If you try it will be refused and you will be out of status. Out of status is a ticking bomb towards a deportation order.

Ryucnd

Star Member
Jan 21, 2022
Cornwall
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
No you cannot (unless it was initially given for shorter length due to passport). If you try it will be refused and you will be out of status. Out of status is a ticking bomb towards a deportation order.
You can apply for WP extension and Visitor record at the same time to avoid this, I guess?