+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit delay in visa processing

DeeUzo

May 10, 2021
Please any news from Nairobi visa office handling most Nigerians application. I have been waiting since January 2021. LMIA Exempt closed work permit. If you applied from Nigeria kindly share if you have got any update from Nairobi visa office

Reactions: Ivanco

Ivanco

Star Member
Sep 16, 2020
Hi am from Nigeria and my visa office is Nairobi....been waiting since last year....I did my medical april this year and nothing since then..Do you have an idea of their timeline or how it is done especially closed work permit.....pls let's link up

QUOTE="DeeUzo, post: 9692562, member: 1039376"]
Please any news from Nairobi visa office handling most Nigerians application. I have been waiting since January 2021. LMIA Exempt closed work permit. If you applied from Nigeria kindly share if you have got any update from Nairobi visa office
[/QUOTE]

DeeUzo

May 10, 2021
Hi am from Nigeria and my visa office is Nairobi....been waiting since last year....I did my medical april this year and nothing since then..Do you have an idea of their timeline or how it is done especially closed work permit.....pls let's link up

QUOTE="DeeUzo, post: 9692562, member: 1039376"]
[/QUOTE]
No idea, I'm also waiting too and I believe is taking too long . The last time I checked processing time for Nigerians is 33weeks and most of us has passed the processing time and still no updates what can we do in this regards ? What's your medical upfront or requested?

DeeUzo

May 10, 2021
@Ivanco I just checked processing time for us Nigerians it was updated today to 26weeks from 33weeks. Hope this is a good sign that they want to start clearing the backlog

Last edited:
Reactions: Ivanco

Ranga0585

Jan 6, 2019
Hi everyone. I am a temporary resident in canada and applied for my spouse visit visa who is currently in Dubai
Anyone here who applied for visit visa for their immediate family. Need some info to know if ppr is being sent to visit visa applicants. Appreciate your inputs
Thank you

Reactions: powereng1982

powereng1982

Jun 4, 2021
Canada
Hi everyone. I am a temporary resident in canada and applied for my spouse visit visa who is currently in Dubai
Anyone here who applied for visit visa for their immediate family. Need some info to know if ppr is being sent to visit visa applicants. Appreciate your inputs
Thank you
I also applied for my spousal visitor visa along with my work permit application. You can check my aignature for details and timeline

Iamrayva

Jul 9, 2021
Thank you
IRCC just put out a notice last week saying, if you submitted a visitor's visa application prior to September 7, you should withdraw it and reapply if the purpose of the visit is urgent, but you will not be refunded.

Ivanco

Star Member
Sep 16, 2020
@Ivanco I just checked processing time for us Nigerians it was updated today to 26weeks from 33weeks. Hope this is a good sign that they want to start clearing the backlog
Yes.....its a good sign and I heard that they have started processing work permits...not sure of the information so let's keep our fingers crossed..God will help us

Ranga0585

Jan 6, 2019
IRCC just put out a notice last week saying, if you submitted a visitor's visa application prior to September 7, you should withdraw it and reapply if the purpose of the visit is urgent, but you will not be refunded.
Applied on 11th Sept thru portal with updated docs and waiting again

Reactions: Iamrayva