+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit delay in visa processing

Eche naija

Oct 27, 2020
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Lagos
I got my PPR after 70 weeks, so it is normal...
Congrats, when did u receive it?
Was it LMIA work permit?
At my 72 weeks am yet to do medical and the trend am seeing so far for Nairobi visa office is that it takes 5 months from medicals to get PPR.
Quite frustrating.

adwance

Star Member
Mar 18, 2021
Congrats, when did u receive it?
Was it LMIA work permit?
At my 72 weeks am yet to do medical and the trend am seeing so far for Nairobi visa office is that it takes 5 months from medicals to get PPR.
Quite frustrating.
am at 40 weeks , Nairobi office as well

Reactions: Ivanco

bhumitparekh

Mar 5, 2021
Hello Everyone,

I just realized that attorney did spelling mistake in my GIVEN NAME while filling work-permit (imm1295e form) application.

Application filled on : JUL-22-2021
Biometric Complete: JUL-23-2021

Its found by me and there isn't anything from immigration team on this till today. I have already sent email to company and attorney on the findings.

What are the corse of correction in this situation? Please suggest.

Thanks.

powereng1982

Jun 4, 2021
Canada
Hello Everyone,

I just realized that attorney did spelling mistake in my GIVEN NAME while filling work-permit (imm1295e form) application.

Application filled on : JUL-22-2021
Biometric Complete: JUL-23-2021

Its found by me and there isn't anything from immigration team on this till today. I have already sent email to company and attorney on the findings.

What are the corse of correction in this situation? Please suggest.

Thanks.
Raise a webform and write an explanation. Also attach a copy of your passport and National ID as a proof.

What name is mentioned in your Biometric collection form?

bhumitparekh

Mar 5, 2021
Raise a webform and write an explanation. Also attach a copy of your passport and National ID as a proof.

What name is mentioned in your Biometric collection form?
It was the same Wrong name mentioned but still my biometric has been collected and attorney confirmed that its been registered in the work-permit application too !!

I just realized the naming issue today

powereng1982

Jun 4, 2021
Canada
It was the same Wrong name mentioned but still my biometric has been collected and attorney confirmed that its been registered in the work-permit application too !!

I just realized the naming issue today
And how about receipt that VFS gave you at the time of biometric collected?

Anyways you should raise the webform and provide all the relevant documents with correct name. And also If VFS receipt has correct name then attach it as well

bhumitparekh

Mar 5, 2021
And how about receipt that VFS gave you at the time of biometric collected?

Anyways you should raise the webform and provide all the relevant documents with correct name. And also If VFS receipt has correct name then attach it as well
Its the Same Biometric instruction letter which has the wrong name printed as a receipt (they just stamp the second page mentioned as office use only and gave it back).

Yes, Have reached out to attorney to fill the webform.

Also, I see there is an option to fill IMM5475 form - Authority to Release Personal Information to a Designated Individual. Can Attorney fill the form and release the content to applicant (me) itself through webform? so that i can keep getting status update and do not keep checking with attorney or depend on GCMS notes??

Last edited:

powereng1982

Jun 4, 2021
Canada
Its the Same Biometric instruction letter which has the wrong name printed as a receipt (they just stamp the second page mentioned as office use only and gave it back).

Also, I see there is an option to fill IMM5475 form - Authority to Release Personal Information to a Designated Individual. Can Attorney fill the form and release the content to applicant (me) itself through webform? so that i can keep getting status update and do not keep checking with attorney or depend on GCMS notes??
I have no knowledge about this authorisation. Your attorney should know it if he is experienced and has previously done it for others

SABLEB

Sep 1, 2021
Hello,
I applied for the Work Permit visa on May 2021, from Lebanon and the processing time is 13 weeks.
August 25 (week 14), i got a modification in the review of eligibility, (We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements) taking into consideration the below
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
  • We do not need additional documents
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made
Can you please advise on the remaining time between review of eligibility and final decision.

Thank you,

powereng1982

Jun 4, 2021
Canada
According to IRCC processing time for Pakistan is 13 weeks, but application has already completed 18 weeks now. Processing times are not accurate for ongoing covid19 situation

lIangfreedom

Aug 24, 2021
Hello,
I applied for the Work Permit visa on May 2021, from Lebanon and the processing time is 13 weeks.
August 25 (week 14), i got a modification in the review of eligibility, (We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements) taking into consideration the below
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
  • We do not need additional documents
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made
Can you please advise on the remaining time between review of eligibility and final decision.

Thank you,
GSS Work permit?

muyiroro

Star Member
Dec 27, 2012

The only option you have is to checking the Attorney for update except you want to retrieve your file from attorney by filling part of the representative form to update IRCC to deny your attorney access to your file. That would give you full access to your file .

Reactions: bhumitparekh