+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit delay in visa processing

Sweetgurl

Jun 23, 2017
Hi All
Partner just got approved for SOWP on compassionate care reasons.

Anyone travelled from Lagos to Canada recently and can shed some light on the experience? Is the vaccine required? Any quirky things we should expect at the airport?

Thanks!
Vaccine is required but since you mentioned visa was approved on compassionate grounds there might be an exemption BUT in that case quarantine and covid test in Canada will be mandatory.
Not sure....others can contribute.

Reactions: Ivanco

Ivanco

Star Member
Sep 16, 2020
Vaccine is required but since you mentioned visa was approved on compassionate grounds there might be an exemption BUT in that case quarantine and covid test in Canada will be mandatory.
Not sure....others can contribute.
Hi...please I want to ask if vaccine is required now for visa approval,I heard it from someone but no too sure

kashy885

Oct 28, 2020
PLEASE I NEED URGENT ADVICE ON THIS ISSUE .

My work permit was refused at 47 weeks due to the negligence of immigration lawyer that submitted my application. He did not include my Work Reference Letter in my application.

When I received my GCMS note around June I discovered all stages have been passed except my Eligibility: Recommend Interview I quickly send my updated work reference letter by raising a webform to the immigration lawyer to update my application but he never raised any webform in my application.

Can I still use the same Lmia exempt no to re apply for my work permit or my employer need to update a new lmia exemption number on Canada employer’s portal before I can reapply?

I want to apply by myself now.

The refusal letter says:

You were not able to demonstrate that you can adequately perform the job you seek for .

You are welcome to reapply if you think you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements .

All new application must be accompanied by new processing fee.
Oh no so sorry about the refusal. Hopefully your new application is processed quickly.

Reactions: muyiroro

cvkk2010

Jun 10, 2021
No man no update. I checked with my consulting firm. They said if we don’t receive this week they will check with IRCC
Same here.. My attorney raise CSE.. not sure when we will get the update.. Hope you have sent the passports for stamping...

dockerhooman

Aug 5, 2021
Anyone here applied for GTS LMIA closed work permit online from Germany recently?

Type of Application: Work Permit GTS LMIA
Application Country: Germany

My timeline is:

Application submission: 17 July 2021 (including my wife)
Biometric Instruction Letter: 18 July 2021
Biometric Completed: 18 July 2021

No updates since then.

Seems VFS in Berlin is open now if it matters for PPR

GhAyoub

Star Member
May 28, 2019
Tunis
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Tunis
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Anyone here applied for GTS LMIA closed work permit online from Germany recently?

Type of Application: Work Permit GTS LMIA
Application Country: Germany

My timeline is:

Application submission: 17 July 2021 (including my wife)
Biometric Instruction Letter: 18 July 2021
Biometric Completed: 18 July 2021

No updates since then.

Seems VFS in Berlin is open now if it matters for PPR
A curious question: why you didn't do upfront biometrics? (I would assume that you didn't do upfront medicals as well.)

dockerhooman

Aug 5, 2021
A curious question: why you didn't do upfront biometrics? (I would assume that you didn't do upfront medicals as well.)
I don't need to pass medical, at least it stated I do not need.
Biometric I couldn't do upfront bcoz I simply didn't have BCL which is required for VFS to make an appointment for biometric

Reactions: GhAyoub

cvkk2010

Jun 10, 2021
No man no update. I checked with my consulting firm. They said if we don’t receive this week they will check with IRCC
Hey check with your consulting firm you should have received PPR for kid now.. I received mine this morning..

olypompin

Star Member
Sep 19, 2020
PLEASE I NEED URGENT ADVICE ON THIS ISSUE .

My work permit was refused at 47 weeks due to the negligence of immigration lawyer that submitted my application. He did not include my Work Reference Letter in my application.

When I received my GCMS note around June I discovered all stages have been passed except my Eligibility: Recommend Interview I quickly send my updated work reference letter by raising a webform to the immigration lawyer to update my application but he never raised any webform in my application.

Can I still use the same Lmia exempt no to re apply for my work permit or my employer need to update a new lmia exemption number on Canada employer’s portal before I can reapply?

I want to apply by myself now.

The refusal letter says:

You were not able to demonstrate that you can adequately perform the job you seek for .

You are welcome to reapply if you think you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements .

All new application must be accompanied by new processing fee.
Am just seeing this .That's serious o @47 weeks.Please do it yourself

rajbir76

Star Member
Jun 13, 2021
my case
am stuck in india
recive letter from collage 2 may
and apply pgwp from india on may 27
enter in canada 27 july
now am in restoration period
am very deppressd about that what can i do.

call ircc
tell me withdraw ur old file and reapply pgwp with restore ur stauts.
share ur expirence its is right way.

muyiroro

Star Member
Dec 27, 2012
Am just seeing this .That's serious o @47 weeks.Please do it yourself
I called the company yesterday to update my lmia exemption number so that I can re-apply for my work permit, the HR said they don’t deal with individual that I should contact the immigration lawyer that whatever I need they will attend to me.

Though the immigration lawyer suggested I should re-apply alone this time around that when I enter Canada then I can re-apply for my family and he asked to indicate if he can re-apply for me which I said yes cos he’s the one the company is relating to.

I submitted my PR by myself and is ongoing already am awaiting AOR so I have raised a webform with my reference letter that I can adequately perform the job I seed in Canada so that my PR won’t be refused cos of Eligibility.

Honestly the waiting time is killing