+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit delay in visa processing

cvkk2010

Jun 10, 2021
Yup same with me kids is pending. Do you plan for passport submission or wait for your kid’s approval? Also is the SMS service for status update worth it or we get emails anyway
Did you receive any update on kid visitor visa? I haven’t received any update so far..

Sweetgurl

Jun 23, 2017
Hi all
As per news update below, there is high demand for workers in these fielda and one happens to be my field.(Accommodation & food services)

Do you think its necessary for me to send a webform/ email to IRCC reminding them that my field has shortages and plead to expedite processing my application that is approaching 6 months after submission.
Is it necessary? Your advise please.

https://www.cicnews.com/2021/08/high-job-vacancies-in-health-care-and-food-services-in-canada-0818763.html#gs.7gjolt

TRV_2021

Feb 19, 2021
Hi everyone, my husband got visitor visa and his PR is under process. We want to apply a open work permit once he come to canada.
is it possible for him to get awork permit at the border? He lives in the USA.
Please share the information if you have anything. Thanks

muyiroro

Star Member
Dec 27, 2012
PLEASE I NEED URGENT ADVICE ON THIS ISSUE .

My work permit was refused at 47 weeks due to the negligence of immigration lawyer that submitted my application. He did not include my Work Reference Letter in my application.

When I received my GCMS note around June I discovered all stages have been passed except my Eligibility: Recommend Interview I quickly send my updated work reference letter by raising a webform to the immigration lawyer to update my application but he never raised any webform in my application.

Can I still use the same Lmia exempt no to re apply for my work permit or my employer need to update a new lmia exemption number on Canada employer’s portal before I can reapply?

I want to apply by myself now.

The refusal letter says:

You were not able to demonstrate that you can adequately perform the job you seek for .

You are welcome to reapply if you think you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements .

All new application must be accompanied by new processing fee.

Ivanco

Star Member
Sep 16, 2020

My work permit was refused at 47 weeks due to the negligence of immigration lawyer that submitted my application. He did not include my Work Reference Letter in my application.

When I received my GCMS note around June I discovered all stages have been passed except my Eligibility: Recommend Interview I quickly send my updated work reference letter by raising a webform to the immigration lawyer to update my application but he never raised any webform in my application.

Can I still use the same Lmia exempt no to re apply for my work permit or my employer need to update a new lmia exemption number on Canada employer’s portal before I can reapply?

The refusal letter says:

You were not able to demonstrate that you can adequately perform the job you seek for .

You are welcome to reapply if you think you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements .

Hi...is this for you or for a friend,when did you get this letter...I think you will have to get a new lmia because the one you used have already expired and because you are doing a whole new process...

Sweetgurl

Jun 23, 2017

The refusal letter says:

Sorry about the refusal.Gsther your documents and reapply you will be granted.
You need a new LMIA exempt number.
Contact the employer to provide you a new one before you submit a new application.Follow the lawyer closely to avoid stories.

The employer will be refunded the money spent for the previous LMIA exempt -employment number.
Once you get all and submit application, 3 days after raise a webform to inform IRCC that you qualify for GSS to alert them to treat your file within 2 weeks.

Please where did you apply from?and NOC?

Last edited:
Reactions: muyiroro

muyiroro

Star Member
Dec 27, 2012
Sorry about the refusal.Gsther your documents and reapply you will be granted.
You need a new LMIA exempt number.
Contact the employer to provide you a new one before you submit a new application.Follow the lawyer closely to avoid stories.

The employer will be refunded the money spent for the previous LMIA exempt -employment number.
Once you get all and submit application, 3 days after raise a webform to inform IRCC that you qualify for GSS to alert them to treat your file within 2 weeks.

Please where did you apply from?and NOC?
The agent actually realize his mistakes, so he suggested to reapply for me after new updated offer letter from my employer and the $230 would be repay on employment portal .

The waiting time is killing I am livestock farmers Noc level B

D.benson

Jun 5, 2020
Hi All
Partner just got approved for SOWP on compassionate care reasons.

Anyone travelled from Lagos to Canada recently and can shed some light on the experience? Is the vaccine required? Any quirky things we should expect at the airport?

Thanks!

Sweetgurl

Jun 23, 2017
The agent actually realize his mistakes, so he suggested to reapply for me after new updated offer letter from my employer and the $230 would be repay on employment portal .

The waiting time is killing I am livestock farmers Noc level B
Ok success will be yours.
The wait time is extremely long.
They have eased travel restrictions, dont know why work permit applications are not being processed.

Last edited: