+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit delay in visa processing

cvkk2010

Jun 10, 2021
Same here yesterday i asked the status on my medicals that’s when i got to know my application status where they sent me the snapshot of progress..
Just now i got a message from my attorney that mine as well as SOWP is approved and received PPR.. Kid application is in-progress and waiting for the update.. hopefully will receive in coming week..

Will update..

Cyfa

Nov 7, 2019
Just now i got a message from my attorney that mine as well as SOWP is approved and received PPR.. Kid application is in-progress and waiting for the update.. hopefully will receive in coming week..

Will update..
Yup same with me kids is pending. Do you plan for passport submission or wait for your kid’s approval? Also is the SMS service for status update worth it or we get emails anyway

Reactions: cvkk2010

cvkk2010

Jun 10, 2021
Yup same with me kids is pending. Do you plan for passport submission or wait for your kid’s approval? Also is the SMS service for status update worth it or we get emails anyway
I submitted mine as well as my wife's.. I also opted for Paid SMS it should not cost much..

When did you receive your PPR? I believe we should get kid's approval in a week or 2..

Cyfa

Nov 7, 2019
I submitted mine as well as my wife's.. I also opted for Paid SMS it should not cost much..

When did you receive your PPR? I believe we should get kid's approval in a week or 2..
Yesterday, but that doesn’t change our timeline because kids ppr is pending hopefully kids is done soon. And overall direct flights open

GhAyoub

Star Member
May 28, 2019
Tunis
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Tunis
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hey guys! I hope you all doing great in this pandemic.

I'm getting my papers ready to apply for a work permit - my employer has a valid LMIA and will provide me with everything I need to apply.
Should I ask about GTS for 2 weeks of processing time or does it come naturally? (knowing that my NOC is 2174).

Thanks !

powereng1982

Jun 4, 2021
Canada

I'm getting my papers ready to apply for a work permit - my employer has a valid LMIA and will provide me with everything I need to apply.
Should I ask about GTS for 2 weeks of processing time or does it come naturally? (knowing that my NOC is 2174).

Thanks !
Submit your complete application including upfront medical and police certificates in order to become eligible for possible 2 weeks processing (However not guaranteed in current times due to covid19). If your application at the time of submission is not complete (missing medical or police), your application will be processed as normal.

I submitted LMIA exempt work permit in april 2021 and still waiting.

Reactions: GhAyoub

GhAyoub

Star Member
May 28, 2019
Tunis
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Tunis
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Submit your complete application including upfront medical and police certificates in order to become eligible for possible 2 weeks processing (However not guaranteed in current times due to covid19). If your application at the time of submission is not complete (missing medical or police), your application will be processed as normal.

I submitted LMIA exempt work permit in april 2021 and still waiting.
Thanks for the clear answer :) I hope you will get it very soon!

Reactions: powereng1982

cvkk2010

Jun 10, 2021

Thanks !
GTS/GSS processing time is 2 weeks provided if you satisfy the below criteria.

Keep all documents ready (Attorney) will take care of this
Get the upfront medicals
Get the biometric appointment date (Good part is you don’t need biometric instruction letter to schedule the appointment)

Once the above documents are ready

Submit the application with upfront medicals and make sure your biometric appointment date is within the week of application submission (In order to eligible for GTS/GSS you need to get the biometric within 2 week from the date you submit the application)

I followed this and i got my PPR on day 17 Applied on 2nd July, Biometric on 12th July, PPR on 29th July..

Hope this helps..

GhAyoub

Star Member
May 28, 2019
Tunis
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Tunis
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
GTS/GSS processing time is 2 weeks provided if you satisfy the below criteria.

Keep all documents ready (Attorney) will take care of this
Get the upfront medicals
Get the biometric appointment date (Good part is you don’t need biometric instruction letter to schedule the appointment)

Once the above documents are ready

Submit the application with upfront medicals and make sure your biometric appointment date is within the week of application submission (In order to eligible for GTS/GSS you need to get the biometric within 2 week from the date you submit the application)

I followed this and i got my PPR on day 17 Applied on 2nd July, Biometric on 12th July, PPR on 29th July..

Hope this helps..
I really appreciate your input ! thank you.

Reactions: powereng1982

3Marias

Jul 30, 2021
Hi newbie here, also waiting for work permit submitted on Jan 2021 based in Kuwait.biometrics done on Jan also till now no update.