+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit delay in visa processing

bytenaija

Nov 11, 2019
I personally feel that since there are huge backlogs so we might receive the PPR in a timeline of a month or 2. Also, we both are in the same boat in terms of date of application submission. So, one gets it other is in line. Hope we get soon.
I have been waiting for three months now since approval. My application is still showing eligibility review

VimRawat

Star Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
I have been waiting for three months now since approval. My application is still showing eligibility review
Basically once you get your PPR may be then you will see the application "Approved" in the portal. You are from Nigeria right? Is the VAC not open in your country as well?

Kannuxxl

Star Member
Aug 13, 2020
Its been while my lmia was approved last year, and my work permot application was logde in feb, in may i did my medical since then no news

VimRawat

Star Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
Its been while my lmia was approved last year, and my work permot application was logde in feb, in may i did my medical since then no news
Apply for the GCMS notes to check what's the current status of your application.

gsdholan

Jun 28, 2019
Check my previous post, submit quarantine plan, ask your employer if they are working right now and they need you. If your employer is closed due to Covid, any resolution wont be made on your application.

Last edited:

skd46443

Nov 3, 2020
Yeah even i believe in a max of month time maybe end of November. As they will start opening VFS for Biometrics for newer Applications in December in phases that will again create overhead. So they will definitely try to clear as much as possible in this month.
Hope what i am thinking is true. Only time will tell. Let's see.
Did you get PPR as today l saw 4 people got ppr who submitted application from march and april.

Thanks

Reactions: arunesh.vikram

VimRawat

Star Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
Did you get PPR as today l saw 4 people got ppr who submitted application from march and april.

Thanks
Are you sure those people applied work permit not study permit? I applied on Feb 5th and as per my understanding Arunesh applied mid of Feb. I haven't got it yet. Let's wait to see if Arunesh gets it by EOD

skd46443

Nov 3, 2020
Are you sure those people applied work permit not study permit? I applied on Feb 5th and as per my understanding Arunesh applied mid of Feb. I haven't got it yet. Let's wait to see if Arunesh gets it by EOD
I am not 100% sure but most likely WP as I saw in the foreign workers thread/group. one permit was SOWP (I just saw so confirmed) you are right we should wait for this week.

You Guys should receive it soon as now they started issuing pprs to clear backlogs so hopefully we all will get final update this month.

gsdholan

Jun 28, 2019
I applied from India, online got ppr... so good news is coming to you guys soon...

gsdholan

Jun 28, 2019
your visa application time line please.
came to India on Feb 07, 2020 and applied my work permit with the help of lawyer. My timelines are here:
LMIA submitted Oct, 2019, Location Alberta, Job Title Agricultural Technician, NOC-A. Company based on Alberta, Canada.
LMIA approved on Jan 10, 2020.
Work Permit Application Submitted on Feb 28, 2020.
Biometrics Letter: March 09, 2020.
Medical Request: April 09, 2020
Submitted Quarantine Plan and Letter from Employer that they are still working and need me asap, June 30, 2020.
Passport Request: Oct 29, 2020.
Two way Courier Email, Oct 30, 2020.
Submitting my passport soon..............
Good Luck Everyone

skd46443

Nov 3, 2020
came to India on Feb 07, 2020 and applied my work permit with the help of lawyer. My timelines are here:
LMIA submitted Oct, 2019, Location Alberta, Job Title Agricultural Technician, NOC-A. Company based on Alberta, Canada.
LMIA approved on Jan 10, 2020.
Work Permit Application Submitted on Feb 28, 2020.
Biometrics Letter: March 09, 2020.
Medical Request: April 09, 2020
Submitted Quarantine Plan and Letter from Employer that they are still working and need me asap, June 30, 2020.
Passport Request: Oct 29, 2020.
Two way Courier Email, Oct 30, 2020.
Submitting my passport soon..............
Good Luck Everyone
last question when did you get biometric correspondence letter? as I got my letter on 26th October and now waiting for decision now.

sami26

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-10-2022
AOR Received.
09-10-2022
Yup, mine was LMIA exempt closed Work Permit applied in march and got PPR today