+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit delay in visa processing

Hopeful1026

Sep 1, 2019
I just got a letter from my relative (Canada), notarized that I am going to stay with them for my quarantine period, they have separate basement with attached bathroom. He will provide me any support during that period.
Hi, where did you send the quarantine plan? Webform?

arunesh.vikram

Dec 31, 2019
Saskatoon
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
Nomination.....
05-02-2020
AOR Received.
27-01-2021
Med's Done....
30-08-2021
Passport Req..
19-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2022
LANDED..........
28-01-2022
Anyone here who submitted his work permit before covid-19 or before April 2020?

Arjun2304

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
How long Employer can hold the position ,its almost 9 month since application submitted ,IRCC should give some direction for work permit applicant .I don't see any hope in coming month as well

AfricanGiant912

Star Member
Mar 8, 2020
How long Employer can hold the position ,its almost 9 month since application submitted ,IRCC should give some direction for work permit applicant .I don't see any hope in coming month as well
Hey, it’s up to the employer really. If he judges your integration to the company necessary, he will just wait. Most employers understand that things have slowed down since the pandemic. I have applied last year October 7th and got approval September 16th 2020. Just be patient it will come. Also try to keep your employer updated even if there is no update. They appreciate that.

VimRawat

Star Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
Hey, it’s up to the employer really. If he judges your integration to the company necessary, he will just wait. Most employers understand that things have slowed down since the pandemic. I have applied last year October 7th and got approval September 16th 2020. Just be patient it will come. Also try to keep your employer updated even if there is no update. They appreciate that.
Hey have you moved Canada by now?

VimRawat

Star Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
Anyone here who submitted his work permit before covid-19 or before April 2020?
I submitted my application on Feb 5th. Will we get a PPT request anytime soon? I don't know why the high commission is not looking on applicant's file whose applications were submitted way before the pandemic was declared.

I don't know why they are not finding any alternatives when they know the whole world is upside down and just lockdown won't clear out the problems.

Reactions: arunesh.vikram

FerasZain

Star Member
Sep 26, 2020
Hello Everyone,
I am just posting to share good news with you guys as its frustrating to wait for a long time period to get work permit done.
I have a really bad experience with 2020, which is turned out now positive. I was working as research scientist with a Canadian company. My company was willing to support on everything what I need to be employed with them. We started our LMIA process by March 2019, and my PGWP was expiring on Aug 26, 2019. However, I got a call from lawyer by the end of July, that my LMIA was not even submitted due to various reason. It was so disappointing for me to hear that news when my work permit is expiring in couple of days. Then, they suggested me to submit work permit extension without LMIA and ask me to mention everything to CIC that my company is working on my LMIA bla bla. I also talked to CIC and the agent also suggested me same. I submitted my work permit application before the work permit expiry.
My LMIA was submitted by Oct 10 2019 and on Nov 19, 2019, my work permit extension got refused as I had not submitted my LMIA by that time. I was on my restoration status, and then by Jan 10, 2020, my LMIA got approved. I was super happy on that day and willing to do everything done ASAP. After reading few blogs here and a discussion with my one of friend who is immigration consultant, I went to Canada/USA border to get my work permit. It was not in my attention that on restoration status, I cant go to border. My friend who is immigration consultant, she has an experience of visa consulting of more than 10 year and even it was not in her mind. I went to the border, but that was my life changing experience, it took everything out from me. It was like that my dreams were shattering there. Immigration Minister said that I cannot go back into Canada, He has to deport me from the border. Then I explained him, that I was not aware that I cant get my work permit by flagpole on restoration status. Then, he explained that as I am Indian citizen and I need a visa to travel to Canada, so he cannot help me there but he can do his best that he wont take any strict action against me, he can give me volunteer departure order according to which I have to leave Canada by 15 days and I accepted that. I discussed my situation with some lawyers and they suggested same, Its not very tough situation and I can apply my work permit from India.
I came to India on Feb 07, 2020 and applied my work permit with the help of lawyer. My timelines are here:
LMIA submitted Oct, 2019, Location Alberta, Job Title Agricultural Technician, NOC-A. Company based on Alberta, Canada.
LMIA approved on Jan 10, 2020.
Work Permit Application Submitted on Feb 28, 2020.
Biometrics Letter: March 09, 2020.
Medical Request: April 09, 2020
Submitted Quarantine Plan and Letter from Employer that they are still working and need me asap, June 30, 2020.
Passport Request: Oct 29, 2020.
Two way Courier Email, Oct 30, 2020.
Submitting my passport soon..............
Good Luck Everyone
Long story so that someone can learn from it.
It's really a big challenge. Congratulations :)

Sundar2019

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
House, has anyone manged to get your expedite req accepted by IRCC when your proj assignment is for an US client (not operating from Canda), but your employer work location is in Canada?

arunesh.vikram

Dec 31, 2019
Saskatoon
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
Nomination.....
05-02-2020
AOR Received.
27-01-2021
Med's Done....
30-08-2021
Passport Req..
19-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2022
LANDED..........
28-01-2022
I submitted my application on Feb 5th. Will we get a PPT request anytime soon? I don't know why the high commission is not looking on applicant's file whose applications were submitted way before the pandemic was declared.

I don't know why they are not finding any alternatives when they know the whole world is upside down and just lockdown won't clear out the problems.
Hey don't get dis-hearted. We will surely getting our passport request this month. As in twitter today Nadir Patel Canadian Embassador to India has announced that VFS will be closed for In person for month of November. This means they right now prioritising approved or complete applications. So we might get passport request soon in upcoming days or in couple of weeks. Don't worry. Also it's sounds bad to new applicants & Biometric pending applicants that they cannot submit biometric now to advance their applications. But in a way it's good for us as they are completing the pending applications reducing backlogs.
Just hang in there for few more weeks.
We should be getting passport request soon.
BTW my Submission date is 14th February & Approval date is April 19th.
Thanks

arunesh.vikram

Dec 31, 2019
Saskatoon
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
Nomination.....
05-02-2020
AOR Received.
27-01-2021
Med's Done....
30-08-2021
Passport Req..
19-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2022
LANDED..........
28-01-2022
House, has anyone manged to get your expedite req accepted by IRCC when your proj assignment is for an US client (not operating from Canda), but your employer work location is in Canada?
What's your application current status. Did you order GCMS notes?