+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit delay in visa processing

Mtille

May 28, 2020
Hi guys

after a long long wait I have got my work permit approved .
Online application done 5th March biometric submission completed on 8th March . Biometric completed on 9th March
Today application is approved.
Hi. Did you do medical upfront or waited for the request letter?

olypompin

Star Member
Sep 19, 2020
Please is it advisable to go ahead with upfront medicals even without medical request.l have seen ghost update twice and account hasn't been updated.Thank you

Sweetgurl

Jun 23, 2017
Hi all,
If someone gets a job and is going through the International mobility pathway(francophone mobility-LMIA EXEMPT) for work permit ,
Can the person use this job to to claim points for Permanent residency ?
Can you apply for permanent residency same time when applying for the work permit? Or you must travel to Canada first , start the job and after sometime can start PR process

In general,I don't know if an LMIA exempt job stops one from using the job offer to claim EE points to apply for PR.
Your advise please.

sahilarora2003

Mar 13, 2013
Surrey
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-09-2022
Doc's Request.
20-12-2022
AOR Received.
09-09-2022
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2022
Hi all,
If someone gets a job and is going through the International mobility pathway(francophone mobility-LMIA EXEMPT) for work permit ,
Can you apply for permanent residency same time when applying for the work permit? Or you must travel to Canada first , start the job and after sometime can start PR process

In general,I don't know if an LMIA exempt job stops one from using the job offer to claim EE points to apply for PR.
Your advise please.

Offer of employment – Skilled immigrants (Express Entry)
If you have a new job offer (offer of arranged employment), you need to update your Express Entry profile in your account with the :
Your job offer must:
  • be recent (usually less than 1 year old)
    • You can’t use the same job offer letter that you used to get your work permit.
  • be in writing
  • not be from an embassy, high commission or consulate in Canada
  • set out details of the job they’re offering you, such as
    • your pay and deductions
    • your job duties
    • conditions of employment, like your hours of work

sahilarora2003

Mar 13, 2013
Surrey
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-09-2022
Doc's Request.
20-12-2022
AOR Received.
09-09-2022
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2022
Hi all,

Your advise please.
You must travel to Canada and work for that employer for one year to get points for EE in case of LMIA exempt offer or you can apply for LMIA before one year and you will be awarded with the points according to NOC!!

i hope it helps!!

Sweetgurl

Jun 23, 2017
Thanks really helps.Can the previous job which is over 3 years of work experience can be used as the main NOC for the EE profile while using the 1 year work experience in Canada to gain more points or must the main NOC for EE be the present (LMIA exempt) job in Canada?
You must travel to Canada and work for that employer for one year to get points for EE in case of LMIA exempt offer or you can apply for LMIA before one year and you will be awarded with the points according to NOC!!

i hope it helps!!

sahilarora2003

Mar 13, 2013
Surrey
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-09-2022
Doc's Request.
20-12-2022
AOR Received.
09-09-2022
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2022
Thanks really helps.Can the previous job which is over 3 years of work experience can be used as the main NOC for the EE profile while using the 1 year work experience in Canada to gain more points or must the main NOC for EE be the present (LMIA exempt) job in Canada?

Yes, it can be used as main NOC for EE profile.

Sweetgurl

Jun 23, 2017
Thanks.
Please I dont know who has applied fur work permit through the Francophone mobility,since its a French stream,
Must documents like reference letter ,CV ,LOE etc be in French in language or it canbe in English
Yes, it can be used as main NOC for EE profile.

sahilarora2003

Mar 13, 2013
Surrey
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-09-2022
Doc's Request.
20-12-2022
AOR Received.
09-09-2022
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2022
Thanks.
Please I dont know who has applied fur work permit through the Francophone mobility,since its a French stream,
Must documents like reference letter ,CV ,LOE etc be in French in language or it canbe in English
It can be in English.