+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit delay in visa processing

Tmrose737

Oct 2, 2021
Applied from Nigeria on 3 Sep,2020.Employer specific work permit NOC5225 .First GCMS note says Review Required, medical and others passed .l requested for 2nd GCMS on 23rd Nov which am still expecting..........The wait no be joke o
Brother since we are waiting from last 16 month ls I don't see any hope l.what do you think it's wasting of time.did we will get updates soon?
Did they request you medical or u didt without request.
Did you use agent or by urself
Did they request you any document
One of my friend got PCC request from ircc his file is pending July 2020

olypompin

Star Member
Sep 19, 2020
Brother since we are waiting from last 16 month ls I don't see any hope l.what do you think it's wasting of time.did we will get updates soon?
Did they request you medical or u didt without request.
Did you use agent or by urself
Did they request you any document
One of my friend got PCC request from ircc his file is pending July 2020
There is hope.Last month l still saw a ghost update on my application that was why l even requested for another note becos l wanted to know if my eligibility has changed.1.8million backlogs cant just be discarded like that. Mine was upfront Medical.l package the app myself.No Document was requested. This is just my take on this

Juwonlo

Jan 11, 2022
Is there anything our employers can do to remind IRCC to process our applications?
May be calling IRCC since employers are in Canada.
Applied also from Nigeria ..closed work lmia exempt....since February 2021....processing office Nairobi.
I dont understand the delay because thesame office is processing study permits daily including Saturdays.
What can we do?
I am a Nigerian living in Dubai. I got my provincial nomination early this month under MPNP and my employer is still trying to figure out the best way and country where I could be so my work permit can be done in lesser weeks. UAE could take up to 35 weeks or more...

kindly share with me if you have a better idea on what to do.

muyiroro

Star Member
Dec 27, 2012
I am a Nigerian living in Dubai. I got my provincial nomination early this month under MPNP and my employer is still trying to figure out the best way and country where I could be so my work permit can be done in lesser weeks. UAE could take up to 35 weeks or more...

kindly share with me if you have a better idea on what to do.
UAE should be a better option for you cos Nigeria timeline now is around 84 weeks there about . Also there’s no other country you can claim except you have a legal stay .

Jigsaw_007

Dec 15, 2021
Hi Guyz,

i finally got approval for my ICT WP. However the duration of work permit is less than 2 years (1.5 years) stamped in the passport. My passport is valid till 2025 so not sure why the WP durations is less. Is it that the letter which i getin immigration will have the correct duration of 2 years?

ashokreddykk

Jan 20, 2022
Dear All

I have an approved GTS LMIA and done with my biometrics on 9th March 2020 for closed work permit outside Canada from India.
The Application shows under processing due to the current circumstances of Covid-19.

Has anyone received work permit approval recently when applied for closed work permit during time frame of Feb-March.
Hi Nikhil, Did you get your work permit approved? My friend was in similar situation from India. If they dont want to process work permit because of covid, they might not approved LMIA also right? Then why they are delaying the work permit by approving the LMIA. Still I dont understand.

Peterjnr

Jan 18, 2022
I guess you visa office is Nairobi,we have a what's app group for work permit applicants from Nigeria,do let us know if you would like to join...God will help us
Please add me to the WhatsApp group. I applied for NOC 4011 and I'm at Post MER stage.

Tmrose737

Oct 2, 2021
Hi Guyz,

i finally got approval for my ICT WP. However the duration of work permit is less than 2 years (1.5 years) stamped in the passport. My passport is valid till 2025 so not sure why the WP durations is less. Is it that the letter which i getin immigration will have the correct duration of 2 years?
Can u share ur details when did u applied and what is ict work permit
Thanks

Reactions: Muni2222

rahulkima

Dec 21, 2015
I have applied on LIMA based work permit on 23 August 2020 biometric was Done on 28 August 2020 till now there is no updates it's show (we are checking you eligibility criteria if we need anything we will send you email)
I have applied for GCMS notes before 10 days still waiting
My noc is 2281 computer technical
Employer ontario
Applied from Riyadh Office
Anyone has an idea when I will get update
I am quite disappointed waiting almost 14 months
Hi, did you get any update on your application.
I have also applied on the same NOC code in Nov-2021 but still not update yet.
Can you please share your experience and your next step taken.
Thanks,

krsenthilkumaran

Star Member
Sep 11, 2014
Chennai,India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
16-01-2016
Med's Done....
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
26-04-2016
Hi

Has any one came across a situation where IRCC has asked documents from canadian employer for LMIA based work permit. is this normal?

It came as a additional document request from IRCC asking some specific documents from the canadian employer (like source deductions and cra notice of assessment for company etc)

Mar 7, 2022
Work permit application in UAE
Just to share my experience in this forum. I was submitted my work permit online application last June 2020. Biometric and medical examination was also completed but still upto now I haven't received any update. It's almost 1 year and 8 months now.
Is there any other way to contact ircc aside from webform?