Dec 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NYC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/18/2013
Congrats....Are you planning to submit your pp in person or thru mail?

sampcanada

Nov 12, 2013
Hi Friends,

Yes, I did my application online and please keep checking for the email from cic.gc.ca it should be matter of day or two before you get the email.

Also I sent my passport through mail.

Thank you
Samuel

ict1canada

Dec 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NYC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/18/2013
Thank you Samuel....Hope you get your passport soon with the visa stamped.
Merry Christmas and Happy New year in Advance..

cookie27

Star Member
Apr 16, 2013
Happy Holidays to all!

I pray that we all get approved by Jan 2014!

I got a reply from New York office yesterday, 2 days after I sent an email inquiry. My application is on queue for assessment and they are currently reviewing applications received on August 18 :eek:.

Getting closer...... ;D Positive vibes to all!

Canavisa

Dec 26, 2013
Hi All,

My application was submitted online through an attorney for ICT on Oct 1st 2013 along with my spouse's TRV.

Does anyone know if CIC will ask for my/spouse's passport to stamp the visa (if approved) or can I get visa stamped at port of entry (airport, land) by showing the approval letter from cic ? This way one can save lot of time which consulate takes just for stamping visa on passport.

Thoughts ?

sampcanada

Nov 12, 2013
Canavisa,

They will ask the passport for stamping, they first asked for my passport and then issued the approval letter.

Hi All,

Looks like CIC are working during the holidays, I have received the approval leter waiting for our passport to be mailed back. Please check for the email or directly check online application website for new messages.

Thank you
Samuel

Canavisa

Dec 26, 2013
sampcanada said:
Canavisa,

They will ask the passport for stamping, they first asked for my passport and then issued the approval letter.

Hi All,

Looks like CIC are working during the holidays, I have received the approval leter waiting for our passport to be mailed back. Please check for the email or directly check online application website for new messages.

Thank you
Samuel
Thanks Sam. Did you apply yourself online? In my case, application went through an attorney. So, will they receive this email from cic or will it come to me ?

Petoto

Sep 5, 2013
Canavisa said:
Thanks Sam. Did you apply yourself online? In my case, application went through an attorney. So, will they receive this email from cic or will it come to me ?
Hi Canavisa

Are you currently in Canada or in US?

sampcanada

Nov 12, 2013
Hi Canavisa,

When creating our online account's with CIC, we have to mention a email id. When ever a new message is added to the online account by CIC an automatic email is sent out to that email id.

Did you get an email from CIC when the application was submited if that is the case then your attorney has given your email id when creating your account else it will be your attorney email that will get notified.

Thank you
Samuel

Canavisa

Dec 26, 2013
sampcanada said:
Hi Canavisa,

When creating our online account's with CIC, we have to mention a email id. When ever a new message is added to the online account by CIC an automatic email is sent out to that email id.

Did you get an email from CIC when the application was submited if that is the case then your attorney has given your email id when creating your account else it will be your attorney email that will get notified.

Thank you
Samuel
Thanks, Sam. I did not get any email at the time of filing, it seems then attorney may have given their email address.

vinter

Dec 29, 2013
Shku_2704 said:
Did anybody sent any query recently to get the processing dates ? Please share
I have sent general enquiry but no response.

Just for information to people who are in same boat as mine - i.e legal status in US being up but did not receive yet the WP approval.
As per my sources , they confirmed that processing can go on while out of US. Once approval comes , you can get visa stamping done in other country based on that approval.

Also, again from reliable sources, withdrawing application is not a good idea as VAC has also been closed indefinitely so that route of getting processing done in weeks is out of question now.

This is real frustrating wait :-( and had to make so much last minute adjustments ,losing financially ,pressures on job security and family overall. worse part totally in dark when processing restarts so one can plan accordingly.
From other thread it seems LS consulate is working for online application albeit its study permit.
Thanks for the info, Shku. I will probably end up in the same situation as you in couple of months (legal status in US being up before approval is received). Do you know the specific details of how you can get this done (ie. Should your employer initiate the stamping process in the other country or is that something which we should be taking up directly with the consulate). Please provide more information on this if you have it. Thanks again.

Shku_2704

Nov 12, 2013
hi Vinter,

Actually my employer's immigration department told me that processing can go on and visa stamping can be done in my home country i.e in my case India.
I am unsure about the exact process, but am flying back this week and subject to approval will get the next steps soon.
So i can give u clear picture soon.

From what i gathered as of now my employer will initiate some thing and will provide me certified agents with whom i would need to contact and mail the relevant details. If there is some background process of transferring the case etc , i have not been informed yet.

FYI - i sent the query to New york consulate this was the response.

Dear Sir/Madame,

This is in response to your email below.

Please be advised. that your application is now in queue for assessment.

All applications are reviewed in the order in which they are received. An exact schedule of completion is not available at this time as our processing time is a minimum of (30) thirty days. Please be advised that as of today, we are processing files received on August 18, 2013.

If you require your passport back sooner, and wish to withdraw your application, please send a message to this e-mail address. Please be sure to put the following in the subject line: "Request to withdraw application". In your email, please be sure to include your full name, your date of birth, your sex, your passport number .

Immigration Section

Consulate General of Canada

New York, NY, USA

blrguy77

Dec 27, 2013
I had applied for TWP at NYC consulate in person on Dec 18th and i was told by Visa Officer it would take between 60 to 90 days. But as per this current thread looks like its taking more time than what visa officer told. If in case its getting delayed can we request passport back while the application in process (as i am current valid I-94 is still first week of April 2014) and get stamped in India based on the decision made at NYC consulate. Is this possible or anyone have come across this situation, please let me know.It would be helpful to plan accordingly