+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Applications at NYC for 2013

lambo

Dec 23, 2013
Hi -
I had filed for ICT WP through VAC on Dec 10, and it has closed now. Don't know if my application will get the priority or not. Can anyone share some experience with since VAC's closure. Is anyone else in a similar situation?

Thanks.

oliviacanada

Dec 6, 2013
Finally got the passport request. submitted through online system on Aug 20th...

One question, i've read that it's possible to submit a form for urgent process. Can anyone kindly advise me where i can find the form online? (I live in california so can't submit in person.) Really appreciate that...

Thanks and good luck!!!

Olivia

Shku_2704

Nov 12, 2013
oliviacanada said:
Finally got the passport request. submitted through online system on Aug 20th...

One question, i've read that it's possible to submit a form for urgent process. Can anyone kindly advise me where i can find the form online? (I live in california so can't submit in person.) Really appreciate that...

Thanks and good luck!!!

Olivia
Gr8 Olivia, congrats... from what i have read that you would need to go in person in NYC and fill up the urgent form and give passport citing the reason. Then it will be decided.

Anyone else waiting later than 20th Aug online ICT got positive reply ???

faith11

Apr 17, 2012
My brother is waiting for his passport. NY received his application last sept11.. i wonder how long does he have to wait... he is here in canada as a visitor... one more thing, my mom recently received her lmo and like my brother, she is also here as a visitor.. i wonder where to submit her application since NY is not accepting anymore or are they really not accepting anymore??

Shku_2704

Nov 12, 2013
Anybody , have you sent any recent enquiry for processing time. I have sent one few days back but did not received any response.

Please share if you have any latest response from NYC consulate.

thanks

Max_ash

Jun 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5/3/2014
Go to know from my company immigration team that authorities are adjudicating applications submitted during second week of September. If anyone has any other updates, please do post.

Canavisa

Dec 26, 2013
Max_ash said:
Go to know from my company immigration team that authorities are adjudicating applications submitted during second week of September. If anyone has any other updates, please do post.
Thanks for sharing this update. Olivia's case was submitted on Aug 20th 2013 and received passport request on Jan 8th 2014. In 2-3 days, is it possible that they started processing Sept 2nd week WP applications ? If anyone else heard anything, please do share. Thanks

quanwang2dai

Oct 16, 2013
Canavisa said:
Thanks for sharing this update. Olivia's case was submitted on Aug 20th 2013 and received passport request on Jan 8th 2014. In 2-3 days, is it possible that they started processing Sept 2nd week WP applications ? If anyone else heard anything, please do share. Thanks
Unfortunately, they need around 1 day to process 1 day's application. So hopefully you will receive passport request after 2 week + 10 days.

vincentleads

Dec 16, 2013
Max_ash said:
:), I got the letter for sending my passport today. I submitted work permit application online on September 12, 2013.

Petoto

Sep 5, 2013
vincentleads said:
:), I got the letter for sending my passport today. I submitted work permit application online on September 12, 2013.
Hi vincentleads,

Thanks for letting us know! I am so happy to know the office in NY is working those applicants who submitted their application almost middle of September!!
I applied mine around middle of October. I really hope I could here from CIC soon!

Petoto

oliviacanada

Dec 6, 2013
HI all,
Looks like my passport is on its way back!
One question here: people mentioned that they received an "email confirmation" or "email approval letter" some time after sending the passport to NY and receiving the passport back. i haven't received any email except for the one requesting for passport. Can anyone kindly advise what kind of email it is? Is it an official document that i should have?

Thank you very much and good luck to those who are waiting!
Olivia

veer2012

Star Member
Jul 29, 2013
London, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NYC, Online
NOC Code......
TFW LMO based
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
25 Oct 2013
Doc's Request.
None - File updated 11/30/2013
Nomination.....
NONE
Passport Req..
11 Feb 2014
VISA ISSUED...
10 Mar 2014
LANDED..........
15 Mar 2014
My online application was sent in last week of Oct '13. Please keep us posted on the timeline.

Here is what I tried to find: As per the post below in last 2 months, NYC has just processed a bit over month's applications. SO SLOW zzzzzzzzzz

quanwang2dai

Ratings: +0

Re: Work Permit Applications at NYC for 2013
« Reply #1122 on: November 15, 2013, 02:03:47 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote
Share a reply from New York Visa office at 11/14/2013 (yesterday).

Online application.

Please be advised that as of today, we are processing files received on August 8, 2013.

Forums.173

Nov 26, 2013
Hi All-
I am new to this forum, I have applied online ICT on 31st Oct.
Looks processing little faster after holidays...

Thanks!

rajthilakICT

Star Member
Sep 18, 2013
oliviacanada said:
HI all,
Looks like my passport is on its way back!
One question here: people mentioned that they received an "email confirmation" or "email approval letter" some time after sending the passport to NY and receiving the passport back. i haven't received any email except for the one requesting for passport. Can anyone kindly advise what kind of email it is? Is it an official document that i should have?

Thank you very much and good luck to those who are waiting!
Olivia
Hello Olivia,

Hope you have sent the passport request letter along with your passport for stamping?? if yes, thats enough for stamping. once your stamping is done, you will receive an approval letter from CIC, mentioning the duration of your work permit or visa and the do' & dont's. you would require this letter and this has to be presented during your immigration @ port of entry. you will recieve the pdf document in your email.
I was an active member of this forum along with few others. Sam, Scorpion were my good friends here and we updated on a daily basis. My email id is raj.thilak84@gmail.com. Ping me if you have any queries regarding your immigration.

Thanks
Raj