+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Applications at NYC for 2013

SamCanada2013

Oct 5, 2013
quanwang2dai said:
Thanks. This really helps. So even you deliver the passport to VAC, it still takes 8 days in your case? Did you use the option to fasten your stamping process?
Yes I did ask them to use urgent processing method and filled out a form. I guess they didn't fell like my reason was strong enough for them to consider it urgent so got back on 26th and left us on 27th.

quanwang2dai

Oct 16, 2013
I got a reply from New York today. They said they are working at August 13. Unbelievable. They only processed 1 day's application during last 8 days.

Shku_2704

Nov 12, 2013
quanwang2dai said:
I got a reply from New York today. They said they are working at August 13. Unbelievable. They only processed 1 day's application during last 8 days.
correction , last 14 days - only 1 days application because on nov 20th also they were working on Aug 12th.
guess - we are going to see like this for the whole month as this is holiday season.

I am out of time now :-( . have to look for other option.

does anybody know whether visa application if approved ,can be transferred to other country for stamping on passport ?

SamCanada2013

Oct 5, 2013
Shku_2704 said:
correction , last 14 days - only 1 days application because on nov 20th also they were working on Aug 12th.
guess - we are going to see like this for the whole month as this is holiday season.

does anybody know whether visa application if approved ,can be transferred to other country for stamping on passport ?
Wao. This is really slow. Thank God I got my paper work before holiday season is starting. I got request to submit my passport on 18th of November and I submitted my online application on 8th. I am surprised in so many days they have only moved up till 13th which also has a weekend in it which means alot less applications. Typically in the past the weekend applications get processed really quickly. I hope things get better. Best of luck every one. It is good bye from me to this forum. It was really helpful feed back from everyone specially Raj and Scorpio. Chao and Allah Hafiz

cookie27

Star Member
Apr 16, 2013
Shku_2704 said:

I read somewhere in this forum that a guy went back to India because his status in the U.S. has expired. He got approval of his work permit from NYC ofc and asked the consulate/embassy in India if he can have the visa stamping in that country...I believe he got a positive reply.

Is it not possible to just send the passport via courier to NYC office ...just in case when you are not in the U.S. and/or Canada at the time of approval, say out in business, vacation, etc..or when your US legal status is no longer valid and you had to leave U.S?

sampcanada

Nov 12, 2013
Please don't lose hope, I hope processing speed picks up in the next 2 weeks. I will send a enquiry next week to NY consulate. If any one has already sent an enquiry please let me know so that I could time my enquiry.

I have applied on Aug 22nd has any one applied before that.

Thank you

oliviacanada

Dec 6, 2013
HI Sampcanada et al,
I applied online on Aug 20th. Still no news yet... And my new job starts Jan 2nd...

btw, how to submit an enquiry? I tried the link on cic website and it said work permit application couldn't not be tracked online...

Thanks!
olivia

Shku_2704

Nov 12, 2013
oliviacanada said:
HI Sampcanada et al,
I applied online on Aug 20th. Still no news yet... And my new job starts Jan 2nd...

btw, how to submit an enquiry? I tried the link on cic website and it said work permit application couldn't not be tracked online...

Thanks!
olivia

Send via EMail - a Query regarding your application along with your application number to this id below
Enquiries General: NewYork-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

oliviacanada

Dec 6, 2013
Guys,
really bad news for people waiting for their work permits...

Here is the response to my request on Dec 9. (Received Dec 11)

All applications are reviewed in the order in which they are received. An exact schedule of completion is not available at this time as our processing time is a minimum of (30) thirty days. Please be advised that as of today, we are processing files received on August 12, 2013.

It looks like they are not working on visa application at all for the past few weeks...

olivia

Shku_2704

Nov 12, 2013
oliviacanada said:
Guys,
really bad news for people waiting for their work permits...

Here is the response to my request on Dec 9. (Received Dec 11)

All applications are reviewed in the order in which they are received. An exact schedule of completion is not available at this time as our processing time is a minimum of (30) thirty days. Please be advised that as of today, we are processing files received on August 12, 2013.

It looks like they are not working on visa application at all for the past few weeks...

olivia
Thanks Olivia for sharing .

Yeah , it's really disappointing and ridiculous in a way. Since Nov 20th until today, they have not gone ahead at all.
Seems they have shut down processing at all and are still in strike mode :-(

Anyone , what happens if processing time exceeds the average processing time recorded on site(currently it is 4 months) .
Can it be expedited in someway if it is past the mentioned processing time ?

Thanks

sampcanada

Nov 12, 2013
Olivia,

There is a difference between dates for Online and paper application, was you online or paper based application.

Thank you
Samuel

katta

Dec 14, 2013
Dear Friends,

First of all sorry for interrupting you.

I have applied work permit (TRV to my husband) on Nov 3rd 2013 through online. I have inquired about my application status both in general and case specific. I got same reply for both cases stating that currently they are processing August 2nd week applications and my application is in queue. They also added that if I want I can withdraw my application... :(. I am confused whether I should wait until my term or withdraw my application and re-apply at visa office directly? Do any one know how much time it takes for paper application? Is there any fast track procedure to obtain within 2 or 3 weeks ? Since my husband tenure will finish in a month or two, I am really worried about my visa. I would be very thankful if you could suggest anything to expedite the process. I am looking forward to join in the University at the earliest, at least by end of January.

Appreciated your help,

Lakshmi