Nomination.....
28-07-2012
AOR Received.
28-07-2013
IELTS Request
Interview........
Open Work permit visa Aug 2013
hp2261 said:
Did you get an email from the consulate in the last couple of days or is that an educated guess?
I got an email from them.

nshukla : Did you got the file no.. if yes where actually in their reply they send a file no "in subject".. not sure is that the one but it starts with W********

JavaBeetle

Aug 12, 2013
Hi Luisaviolin, Did you got any updates as currently they are processing the Apr'12 applications and you'rs is Apr'10 I guess.

Please let us know if when you get a chance to know about your application status.

Thanks, -JB

rp_tp

Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
NO
Nomination.....
28-07-2012
AOR Received.
28-07-2013
IELTS Request
Interview........
JavaBeetle said:
Hi Luisaviolin, Did you got any updates as currently they are processing the Apr'12 applications and you'rs is Apr'10 I guess.

Please let us know if when you get a chance to know about your application status.

Thanks, -JB
JavaBeetle : Did you got File number yet.. I just got a file number i guess in subject of inquiry made and their standard reply in detail saying currently they are processing April 12th .. I have applied through mail and my app date is april end

JavaBeetle

Aug 12, 2013
rp_tp said:
JavaBeetle : Did you got File number yet.. I just got a file number i guess in subject of inquiry made and their standard reply in detail saying currently they are processing April 12th .. I have applied through mail and my app date is april end
Didn't got my file number yet. Is there any use in knowing File number at this point? I mean can we check the status somewhere if we know the File Number?

diacagr

Aug 21, 2013
darxider said:
i applied for a work permit online on June 29; my job (post-doc) starts on September 20, 2013. i haven't heard anything yet, so i called CIC and was told they can't give me any information (since i've applied outside Canada) except that my application was sent to the NYC visa office. i called the VAC in NYC, but the rep could not find my application (he said it's because i have applied online) and suggested that i send an email to the NYC office (he said the email is ny-info @ csc-cvas.com which is the email for the same VAC office!)...i did and am waiting for a reply now.

is there a phone number i can call and inquire? the VAC phone number is useless to me since i have not applied in person or by mail. CIC does not help since i've applied outside Canada. i guess applying online was a mistake given the situation i described (even though CIC web pages encourage people to actually apply online!).
I also applied for a work permit and my job is also a post doc, what is the status of your case?

Luisaviolin

May 20, 2013
JavaBeetle said:

Thanks, -JB

Hi
I applied by mail so maybe is slower than online applications. Nothing yet by today. Not even request for medicals.......

darxider

Star Member
Aug 9, 2013
diacagr said:
I also applied for a work permit and my job is also a post doc, what is the status of your case?
as far as i know (and i don't know much really!), it's just in the queue to be processed. they didn't tell me anything more.

JavaBeetle

Aug 12, 2013
Is this a genuine site to track the application? Did anybody tried this with your respective tracking number?

please type w w w in front of the following link
csc-cvac.com/en-US/selfservice/cvac_welcome

rp_tp

Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
NO
Nomination.....
28-07-2012
AOR Received.
28-07-2013
IELTS Request
Interview........
JavaBeetle said:
Is this a genuine site to track the application? Did anybody tried this with your respective tracking number?

please type w w w in front of the following link
csc-cvac.com/en-US/selfservice/cvac_welcome
Yes i guess but only for online applicants.. if you call their helpdesk number they will help in tracing ur request and let you know more details reg your application.

Luisaviolin

May 20, 2013
I was reading on the consulate's page from facebook that someone got an email that they were processing April 14th applications. Mine is April 10th and nothing yet.....not even request for medicals

hp2261

Jul 17, 2013
Luisaviolin said:
I was reading on the consulate's page from facebook that someone got an email that they were processing April 14th applications. Mine is April 10th and nothing yet.....not even request for medicals
Can you confirm if the FB post says Apr 14th or 15th. Apr 14th is a Sunday. I applied on Apr 15th and if the email says 15th, I'll have a valid reason to get into the consulate this Wednesday. In the past, they wouldn't let me get into the consulate.

sealy

Jun 21, 2013
Luisaviolin said:
On-line and paper applications are in different queues, and only some occupations require medicals.

Pbc

May 30, 2013
hp2261 said:
Can you confirm if the FB post says Apr 14th or 15th. Apr 14th is a Sunday. I applied on Apr 15th and if the email says 15th, I'll have a valid reason to get into the consulate this Wednesday. In the past, they wouldn't let me get into the consulate.
Please let me know what they say when u visit the consulate... My us visa will expire soon and i m worried .. Hope u get a positive response ..

hp2261

Jul 17, 2013
Pbc said:
Please let me know what they say when u visit the consulate... My us visa will expire soon and i m worried .. Hope u get a positive response ..
Yeah, as expected they won't let me in.